Chiodos added to US Headline Tour

Discussion in 'News' started by Astat, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I hate when people go to a concert, and already decide that they're gonna hate one of the bands.
    My friends who went with me to LP, decided she was gonna hate Chris Cornell, and even though he was awesome, and she was singing along, she still claims he was shit.

Have an open mind people

Diablorojo

Diablorojo Well-Known Member

wow, linkin park or warner is choosing good bands again

at least they are better than placebo and all the other crap bands in the PR07

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Hey, not to sound all uppity, but the bands at PR07 kicked unbelievable ass.

What you mean to say is LP or Warner are finally choosing bands that you happen to like.

Because obviously if they made it, they have to be good, right? Whether or not they are crap is objective.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

The bands that LP tour with put on great live shows. Projekt Revolution was amazing and I don't listen to half the bands that were there. They just blew me away live.

If you go to this show with an open mind, I promise you Coheed and Cambria will blow you away. If they don't, you can personally come to my house and punch me in the face.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Sorry that LP couldn't personally come to your house and have a chat with you about the bands you want to see open for them. :rolleyes:

You can't always get what you want. The fact that LP are playing a show is good enough for me. Hell, the last time I saw LP there were no support bands. Albeit it was meant to be a small show but I was still happy I got to see my favorite band perform. Also when I go to see them play in January, one of the support acts is Biffy Clyro; a band who's music I passionatly hate. But I'm still happy that I get to see LP and Julien-K.

I'll be the first to say that I'd rather have LP still touring with the Nu-Metal era bands and that PR was full of way too many emo-type bands for my liking, but at the end of the day it's as I said; why would you complain about the support acts if you're still gonna see one of your favorite bands perform?

Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

These guys aren't bad, they have some pretty good instrumentals.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

you won't be the only one lol me and my girlfriend decided to give both bands a chance this is the first time we've heard of either of them so were hoping to be blown away and if not theres always lp to blow us away later

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Giving a band a chance and being a huge fan of them are hardly the same thing

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Well i know that but just saying I'm going in with an open mind, I haven't heard of either band before this concert, I'm more of a hip hop fan but i do enjoy listening to other types of music and i'm hoping these two will be enjoyable, most bands that i tend to like usually are because of their live perfromances.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

So i guess this means they won't be playing soundwave either?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Knowing Chiodos, they'll be at both concerts on the same night. :lol:

Fox

Fox Love & Trolls LPA Super Member

Wow, Chiodos.... Way to go.
    Why in the world would LP put a band like this on their tour.
    I think that LP has gone way too extreme with the whole "changing".
    C'mon, from opening a show with MCR, one of the most famous bands in the world, with Chiodos, who ppl barely know who they are.
    This feels like putting Paramore opening one of LP's shows. And I'm a huge fan of Paramore, but it's just wrong to put a band like that on a LP tour.
    The same with Chiodo. There's different categories of rock and you cannot put a mature band (LP) with a street band that doesn't have the experience or comparison to LP. It's just odd.

This is actually dissapointing for me, just because I'm used to see LP touring with such big bands that have been playing for years, not some hardcore band that just came to be.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
    User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Chiodos has been around since 2002. I would say that they "just came to be", if you were to ask me.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

No they aren't playing at soundwave anymore. Thursday are playing now instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.