Chicago LPU Summit Details

Discussion in 'News' started by Luke, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Going to the summit will be MUCH better than attending a M&G for sure! I would register for the summit, you don't want to regret not registering once all the tickets have gone.

Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

Yes but I still don't know if I can make it. So I don't want to loose my chances for the M&G in Montreal, if I register to the M&G in Chicago and cannot go at the end... :)

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Only register if you are absolutely sure you can make it. I remember when they had the page up for the release party, that they had a message on the page that said you can lose your privileges from any future LPU events if you RSVP and not show up.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Fair enough, then don't register until you are sure. Hopefully they will still have summit tickets left over!

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

This LPU Summit program, while it may be awesome, is simply not appropriate for a national fan based club. I mean you hike the price up on a fan club and then promote the benefits to a select few people who can actually attend the Summits. I am certainly not one of those people. To me, it would make sense for a globally focused, fan based club to spend the time and energy elsewhere so that those involved could design and develop programs that support their paying members. End the summits for LPU 11

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

With all due respect...while I understand where you're coming from, and know why you're getting upset...I'm sorry to tell you that these summits likely aren't going anywhere and probably wont be going anywhere anytime within the near future. Whether you like it or not, this is the new face of LPU, and while some people have understandably objected to it (due to price hikes and Summits not being held in their country etc), the band has expressed a desire for change and what you see here is the end result of the band's attempts to reform the fan club into a better experience for everyone involved.

Sure there have been some mis-steps with LPUX, but anytime you roll out a new concept it's going to have some hiccups. I am confident by LPU11 things will be better.

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

So basically, stop the summits because you can't make it and ruin it for those who can. I don't see how the summits are any different from M&Gs. Not everybody can make it who enter either. If the price is too high for you, then don't buy it. Don't get me wrong, I understand you frustration with not getting a summit close enough where you can attend. In fact, i live in California and think Chicago is no way near the middle of the country. It's more convenient for the fans on the east coast than anything. And i wouldn't have been able to attend if i didn't have a free roundtrip ticket coupon. But it doesn't mean i want the summit to stop and ruin it for those who can. I chose to purchase the LPUX knowing fully well that there is the possibility that i might not be able to reap all its rewards due to circumstances beyond my control.
    And to expect the band and LPU to be able to make it possible for every fanclub member to reap the rewards equally means you're not living in reality. Unless they were able to hold a summit in every state and country,(an impossible feat) not every member will be satisfied and someone will always feel that they are left out.

Another reason to not end the summit is the fact that you don't have to pay anything more to go. Instead, why not suggest they also add something more small scale that doesn't ask for its members to fly out from far away and costly places. Your suggestion has no benefits except make the LPU more about shoe strings, stickers, and a pick.

On another hand, I am curious as to what sort of of a global focused fan based program ideas you have besides using abstract words?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

^^ /thread.

Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I'll wait then! =)

DefyTheEye

DefyTheEye Well-Known Member

wow cliff livingston, haha, i call dibs on BJ Armstrong then!! best 3pt man on the team?

AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

Well, in 1991 that was actually Craig Hodges. You're more in the 1992-1993 realm. Close.

I'm a big nerd.

AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

Nope. Sign up for both.

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

Hey Adam, not sure if you would know about this but will prices vary for merch on the NA tour than the Euro/Aus tours or is that like a venue set price thing?

--RS

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

No, I'm actually very glad that a select few are able to attend these new LPU Summits, more power to them. I know full well that LP want to make the group more focused and intimate but I don't think the Summits are the appropriate answer to that for the LPU. As far as M&G's are concerned, they are far more accessible to the average LPU member since they are connected with each concert stop LP makes. They make far more sense for a fan blased, globally focused club like the LPU. The price for LPU isn't too high for me, I bought a membership for crying out loud. I did this only becuase of the $50 discount we receive when buying a VIP pass which I plan to do this weekend for the concert in Dallas.

As far as your point on "reality"...the reality I have lived under for the past 10 years saw the LPU give equal treatment across the board each and every year. Yes, I got sick of guitar picks! But, I would rather have a guitar pick than the opportunity for an LPU Summit that I will never have the chance to attend and that's also costing me double in LPU dues.....surely you can understand that.

Finally, my "abrstract words" were not abstract at all. I stated a very clear opinion that the Summits weren't the most appropriate membership benefit for a globally focused fan club. We've had 10 years of the LPU without the problems we are seeing in LPUX. I'm hoping Derek is right and the LPU will use LPUX as a learning year to work the tweaks out in what has caused quite a bit of backlash from the fans.

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

Well, they could always charge the same $60 next year(something i doubt they'll change) take out the Summit and send everyone the kiddie packs of shoe strings and stickers and the same opportunity for a M&G and the other stuff they've always done. Is that what you're suggesting? I think most of your words are stemming from anger and irritation at not being able to attend the Summit. And yes i can understand that perfectly as i paid the same dues with that in mind. What i can't understand is seeing how your suggestion about them dropping the summit next year having any sort of foreseeable benefit. If they were to do that, people will bitch and bitch even louder than they are now. And i'm sure Chicago won't be the last summit. ,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.