Capital Punishment

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by The Outsider, Oct 28, 2005.

?

Do you approve the death sentence?

1. Yes, yes I do

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, its inhumane

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I dont care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

All chavs should be executed, full stop. :lol:

I think everyone commits a crime at some point in their life, surely you can't say you haven't stolen at least 1 penny sweet? :p [/b][/quote]
    That won't land you in jail :D

Intergalactic Christ

Intergalactic Christ Blood On Ice LPA VIP

It might! What if the shopkeeper really really overreacts?

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

You can't get jailed for a single theft unless its a huge one, there are no massive thefts from corner shops :p

Intergalactic Christ

There could be, if they stole a till. The sort where you push a button and it goes ding, not the one from Rammstein. --in joke-- :lol:

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

You aren't killing to "show" that it's wrong, you're doing it to get rid of scum.

Link:
    1)The point of killing them is so that we can sleep easy in our beds at night, knowing there is no possibility they can escape, nor that they will kill again when they are let out. what I don't like about prison is that life sentences are not life sentences, they're about 15 years max, I'd say.
    2) It's what always happens. They'll test about 80 women using a new shampoo, and say that "60% of women notice they have less split ends, blah blah." I know the numbers aren't accurate, it was just an example.
    3) The emphasis was on cheaper.
    4) Of course, every case is different, but what you don't mention is that in some cases, it IS crystal clear who's the killer, you're just referring to a small handful of crimes where people have been found innocent. [/b][/quote]
    1. The world will never be safe, if we were to kill every person in the world who has commited a murder there will still be murders, you cannot stop every person in the world killing. Sleeping easy at night thinking your not going to get killed while your asleep is just wishful thinking, its probably more than 99.9999999999999% unlikely that someone will kill you while your asleep but you can never rule it out because people kill for whatever reason, wether they're mentally challenged or just get a thrill out of it etc. The fact is that you could just walk out your door and get killed for your money, revenge or even just your fish and chips...

2. Its not like there's no space for building more prisons.

3. The idea that the death sentance is in effect just because its cheaper is quite sickening.

A great man once said if you keep taking an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth you will have a whole society of blind and toothless people.

Intergalactic Christ

1) I know that, and I've already said that C.P. isn't going to stop people killing. What it will do, is make sure they won't do it again.

2) True, but why spend money on a prison when you can spend it on a new school or public resource? Which would you rather have?

3) The idea of innocent peoples murder, rape, burglary, ect, is even more sickening. At least they were innocent.

The Outsider

The Outsider Billy Corgan = God

the death sentence is the worst you can sentence to anyone.

imagine you have to watch your loved ones rapist die from lethal injection. the first time he surivives, cos it has failed. the second time it works. imagine that guy going into fits. imagine how painful it is to see your son die, if the rapist was your son.
    its also a waste of tax payers money.

Intergalactic Christ

Imagine an innocent, 13 year old girl walking down the street, comeing back from the corner shops. Said rapist jumps out at her, and well.. you know the rest. A couple of months later, the rapist is being led into the injection room. The girl hears that the injection failied the first time, and the guy was in pain. Just like she was. Now, he's dead, and he can never bother her again. She doesn't have to go to any more trials, hear about him on the news, etc.

If my son was a rapist, I'd be ashamed.

Oh yeah, and imagine seeing your daughter knifed to death in the street by a murderer.

I think £13,000 a year to keep a criminal alive is a bigger waste of taxpayers money.

The Outsider

The Outsider Billy Corgan = God

Imagine an innocent, 13 year old girl walking down the street, comeing back from the corner shops. Said rapist jumps out at her, and well.. you know the rest. A couple of months later, the rapist is being led into the injection room. The girl hears that the injection failied the first time, and the guy was in pain. Just like she was. Now, he's dead, and he can never bother her again. She doesn't have to go to any more trials, hear about him on the news, etc.

If my son was a rapist, I'd be ashamed.

Oh yeah, and imagine seeing your daughter knifed to death in the street by a murderer.

I think £13,000 a year to keep a criminal alive is a bigger waste of taxpayers money. [/b][/quote]
    Imagine your son being tried in Asia:

Death by
    > Hanging
    > Shot by a bunch of guys with rifles
    > Being trampled by an elephant.

If you killed your daughters rapist, that would be illegal. But if the government did it, it would be considered legal. isnt that unfair rights?

What about the fact, that there have been scandals in the past, where the police deliberatley mistake one man for another, cos the accused man is liable for death sentence from the one that did do the crime. Police corruption.

What about the fact, that most people found guilty of a crime, has evidence clearing them up, after the death date.

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

:lol:

Heh heh

Intergalactic Christ

Well, it's a shame we live in Asia then, isn't it? :mellow:

Seriously though, I don't care what way a murderer dies, as long as he dies. Who cares how humane a way a criminal dies, when he isn't exactly the most humane person alive himself.

Well, if it's unfair, then lets legalise murder! (and fight for criminals rights at the same time, woohoo!):) The government can do what they want because they have been chosen by the people, they are acting on the publics behalf.

You're talking about a handful of cases there. Not the majority of all crimes. And humans make mistakes, everybody knows that. It's just a fact of life that sadly, we have to deal with it. More often than not, the man that is framed isn't completely innocent.

Heh heh
    [/quote]
    I put that in cos I knew you'd get it ;)

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

Unlike other 'non believers' as I call them.

About the thing the kid said about Asia.
    They are so very different to us. They live in a system where other things are acceptable. Not our customs,doesn't mean wrong.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

I'm undecided about this really. I used to support it fully for certain crimes but i've been thinking about it. I mean yeah, if someone really has commited a really horrible crime then they have no place in society because they only cause damage. But on the other isn't killing them an easy way out for them? They don't have to suffer, thinking about what they did. I would rather see them go insane and wraught (sp?) with guilt than just simply die.

I dunno though. Still undecided >_<

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

What if they have no regrets or guilt?

You've done a great job keeping them alive and letting them out when 'life' is only 20-25 years.

If its life,it should be your ass in incartioned (typo?) in the prison system till you die,or you die straight away.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

1) I know that, and I've already said that C.P. isn't going to stop people killing. What it will do, is make sure they won't do it again.

2) True, but why spend money on a prison when you can spend it on a new school or public resource? Which would you rather have?

3) The idea of innocent peoples murder, rape, burglary, ect, is even more sickening. At least they were innocent. [/b][/quote]
    1. Prison will make sure they don't do it again.

2. Why not both? Its not like there's a shortage of money especialy in places like America.

3. True, but taking away a killer's freedom is more than enough punishment for that, there's nothing worse than taking away someones freedom IMO.

Intergalactic Christ

1) Not necessarily, there are repeat offenders.

2) But what about the land for them? If I had to choose between a college and a prison in my hometown, it's be the college

3) Taking away somebodys life

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Sure, I agree with capital punishment. Corporal punishment should be reinstated in schools too.

Intergalactic Christ

--applause--

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

--applause-- [/b][/quote]
    Actually, no. Expel them before they get to GCSE and watch them rot.

Intergalactic Christ

Actually, no. Expel them before they get to GCSE and watch them rot. [/b][/quote]
    Oh yes, I like you so so much these past 5 minutes :)