Breaking The Single

Discussion in 'News' started by Will, Nov 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

actually, i think that LP is a bit commercial, i mean.. 5 singles in 9 months

FTI just arrived on tv and Breaking the habit is already the new single

now, i'm sorry if i'm really incorrect and stuff or pissed someone off

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

Guys, I'm sure Mike's gonna be ok. I'm sure he changed his mind and realized that the world needs to hear this song.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Wait for the video to be released :D . I don't think we'll have it before January...

P4p3rCuT

P4p3rCuT Member

I dont think we will get it until Jan or Feb but i'll wait lol, and just think after this single, a bit more touring then they will probably start working on a new album which is wut i cant wait for, they make the best music.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

This is probably a stupid question...but why is BTH so personal? I mean I understand based on the lyrical content, but from what i've heard it goes deeper than that...whats the meaning behind the song i guess is what im trying to say...I feel dumb...I feel bad for mike tho. :wth: [/b][/quote]
    Mike wrote it about one of his best friends from his teenage years. That's why it's personal. He'd been trying to write the song for over 6 years because he could never find the right words to explain the situation.

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

those !@#$%%^ warner needs to loosen up and let the artist wishes be granted, to some reason, those punks!!! but oh well, its a good song, but i mean, man, another soft song release, think about it, every soft song save for easier to run have been released, this makes them look pop, or softer than ht

puddle_of blood

puddle_of blood Member

notice the softer songs hit other radio stations beside rock stations..(in the end, numb)..i guess it gains more popularity while being played on these mix or pop stations than just to be on rock stations..thats how in the end was so popular

[LinkinPark213]

[LinkinPark213] Well-Known Member

Poor Mike. [/b][/quote]
    exactly

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

The day we've all come to dread has finally passed, people. This is NOT good news, and frankly, I have no idea what to think now. Linkin Park needs to get out that craphole they call Warner. NOW.

Although I'm not too pleased with the news, I guess I can now close my Meteora FAQ now. Thanks.

crazy_caos

crazy_caos Well-Known Member

Mike wrote it about one of his best friends from his teenage years. That's why it's personal. He'd been trying to write the song for over 6 years because he could never find the right words to explain the situation. [/b][/quote]
    it's because of this that i feel bad for mike

Caitlin

Caitlin Guest

Mike wrote it about one of his best friends from his teenage years. That's why it's personal. He'd been trying to write the song for over 6 years because he could never find the right words to explain the situation. [/b][/quote]
    ^_^ ah. thanks for the info.

crawlin_fan

crawlin_fan Well-Known Member

To be fair, it is possible that Mike may have changed his mind about BTH being a single. Not saying he has, but it seems a tad presumptous to automatically assume the band were forced into anything.

Having said that though, I was always under the impression that Warner Brothers gave the band complete artistic freedom in return for commercial control. The music business is a business after all and I've always thought that if that was indeed the case, it's a pretty fair trade.

And I don't see the band shooting another video as LP becoming more commercial at all. I think all the singles so far have had pretty good spacing betwen releases and I very much doubt we'll even get a whiff of BTH before next year.

It's a brilliant song, and dare I say it, an unexpected but welcome change from the typical LP release. BTH is artistically the stand out song on Meteora and I for one I'm glad that other people who haven't heard or bought Meteora get to see for themselves that Linkin Park are capable of growing in whatever musical direction they choose.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

Well Said

Caitlin

Caitlin Guest

What an adept answer. Good point tho. However I'm still dissapointed with WB in which that they probably knew, or should have known for that matter, that BTH was a bit on the personal side, ergo leading them to not choosing the song. But, they ignored that fact and chose it anyway, assuming it's going to bring in the most money. And, because of that, it probably will.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

I'm fairly dissappointed. Warner did this, either they pressured them to do it or forced them to release it as Mike said it won't be a single.

But I do agree BTH is the freshest LP song, and a song that is really ground-breaking in terms of their sound. I hope their next album will feature more songs that feature a new LP (they can be heavier too) that has a more evolved sound like on BTH.

I think that LP has to go to them and tell them to give them the slack they need...or they can go to another label (and I bet other record companies would be glad to sign them)

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

You could be right, Mike could have changed his mind...but something about this does seem very...odd.

1) Mike insisted around the time Meteora was released that BTH would never be a single.

2) BTH is indeed an amazing song, an all time favorite of mine, but doesn't represent the album as a whole well, the way SIB, Faint and Numb did.

I'd like to hear a statement from Mike on all this.

All of that said, I hope BTH makes a lot of the haters who dubbed LP "talentless" to take a step back.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

This is really disappointing to me, personally... Oh well.

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

why did he lie to us???

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Why are you assuming he lied? :rolleyes:

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I don't think he lied. Either he changed his mind or it was out of his control.

Thinking about it now, we do take everything they say very seriously...Not just LP, but any band you're a big fan of. I mean, think about all the things over the past few years you've said you wouldn't do that you ended up deciding was a good idea after all...I'm rambling now, sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.