Brad... Talentless or just being held back.

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by maxiscool, Jun 21, 2005.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

Guitar is probably the last thing they put into the song. I think he makes a riff to go along with the vocals, instead of the other way around. They are just there to make the music sound dark and heavy.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Linkin Park is neither dark nor heavy, however I do believe they have the capabilites. I don't know what's going on with LP and Warner at the moment, but I believe both Warner and Gilmore hold the band back from what they could be...

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

Linkin Park is neither dark nor heavy, however I do believe the capabilites. I don't know what's going on with LP and Warner at the moment, but I believe both Warner and Gilmore hold the band back from what they could be... [/b][/quote]
    you are damn right about that...Linkin Park should just go back to the Machine Shop Recordings...

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

They did that in Faint, Crawling, and a few others. I read something in Total Guitar Magazine that he was being held back by Don Gilmore and that he can really play well.

Or maybe that was Mick from Slipknot... :mellow:

Anyway, I just want to hear something like octaves, something simple like that. [/b][/quote]
    It could have been Brad, but it would apply to Mick. Ross Robinson (or whoever their producer before Rick Rubin was) wouldn't let him solo.

EDIT:
    As far as I know, they did release Meteora on the Machine Shop imprint. Even if they don't already, MS is still part of Warner.

Evan™

It could have been Brad, but it would apply to Mick. Ross Robinson (or whoever their producer before Rick Rubin was) wouldn't let him solo.

EDIT:
    As far as I know, they did release Meteora on the Machine Shop imprint. Even if they don't already, MS is still part of Warner. [/b][/quote]
    oh i didnt know that...but who else will be willing to take LP in?

Dean

oh i didnt know that...but who else will be willing to take LP in? [/b][/quote]
    A lot of major labels would probably be interested. I'd say Geffen.

Evan™

A lot of major labels would probably be interested. I'd say Geffen. [/b][/quote]
    i see....but how come they havent destroyed their contract with Warner yet? Isnt there like some sort of "rule" that a contract can be destroyed on a certain basis or something?

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

I think Brad can play "better" if you want to call it better cause i think LP has it's sound that can't be improved by Solo of any type
    but Brad is playing guitare in a worldwide known band for a long time so would he feel guilthy if he actually would suck at playing guitare ? i think so ...
    he probably plays other things when he's practicing or something

Dart

Dart Well-Known Member

i also think that brad could play better
    the sweet child o' mine cover was embarrasing
    NO GUITAR SOLOS,PLEASE-i can't imagine lp,or better their videos with a 2 minute solo

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

In all fairness.....although not complicated, the guitar parts are very catchy. to tell the truth....I dont care how 'hard' the guitar parts are for other people to play...I just wish that they werent so repetitive

maybe lp will come up with a sound that fits with there style and allows more complicated riffs on the next album. who knows?

wierd_lpfan

wierd_lpfan Active Member

He's not talentless or being held back, He knows how to play guitar and he can play guitar really well, I just don't like him b/c I think he's a dork

Dean

He doesn't show it too often. And you don't like him because he's a dork? wtf.

wierd_lpfan

wierd_lpfan Active Member

He doesn't show it too often. And you don't like him because he's a dork? wtf. [/b][/quote]
    Brad is really good at playing guitar, he's also picky with the sounds. He's really good at guitar but he's a scary dork. :chaz: :shifty:

Dean

Brad is really good at playing guitar, he's also picky with the sounds. He's really good at guitar but he's a scary dork. :chaz: :shifty: [/b][/quote]
    He isn't as great as you're making out, but he isn't completely rubbish.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

thats true - linkin park propbably do the majority of the track before they add the guitars. the guitars are just there in my opinion to beef the music up.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Atleast maybe if they had solos the songs might be longer than 3 minutes and 30 seconds.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

linkin park arent about solos though. can you see them putting a solo into a song? i seriously cant - look all at their albums and demos they have got, and not one track features one. i wouldnt hold your breathe.....

you watch linkin parks next release will have like a monster guitar solo in just to prove me wrong ^_^

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

Brad is really good at playing guitar, he's also picky with the sounds. He's really good at guitar but he's a scary dork. :chaz: :shifty: [/b][/quote]
    Dude, what are you smoking?

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

They aren't the darkest nor the heaviest. Never said that. You don't have to play brtual metal to be heavy ya know.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

linkin park arent about solos though. can you see them putting a solo into a song? i seriously cant - look all at their albums and demos they have got, and not one track features one. i wouldnt hold your breathe.....

you watch linkin parks next release will have like a monster guitar solo in just to prove me wrong ^_^ [/b][/quote]
    Slipknot. Did they have solos in any of the albums? I don't think so.

J Money: I'm not comparing Linkin Park to anyone. They just aren't heavy. Period. They are a rock, rap hybrid. Not death metal. Not heavy metal. Not even metal. They aren't heavy. Saying Linkin Park is heavy is like saying Bush is the best president in the universe.

Linkin Parks' "darkest" song is Breaking The Habit. WoOoOooo...dark.