Books

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by [Darken Hybrid], Jun 19, 2003.

Shinji

Shinji Illuminate

I Like Donald Duck Books :p

GrnEyedBeauty82

GrnEyedBeauty82 Well-Known Member

ooo People tell me this is a REALLY REALLY good book...i've been meaning to read it but just never had time. [/b][/quote]
    it's REALLY good... so is Jay's Journal...

John.

John. i am corruption LPA Super Member

the only books i read out of school, ever, were HP so i guess i can say i like them

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

The Wheel of Time Series is awesome, but they're so freaking long (600-1000 pages) and the plot moves at a snail's pace! Hopefully the next book will move faster.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

All the books ive read pretty much...but A Walk to Remember (By Nicholas Sparks..not this fake movie sh!t) made me cry....and Harry Potter 5 made me want to shed a tear. I was so sad when Sirius died..but back on to topic. A Wrinkle in Time was good, the Secret Garden i loved...and thats pretty much all the good books that stand out in my mind that I can remember

BadAngel

BadAngel Well-Known Member

Stephen King's books = THE BEST!!!

LinkinTheory

LinkinTheory Well-Known Member

Amen to that, Odaton. Moves like a snail, but is really cool. I love the heron sword. It sounds awesome.

Alacrity

stephen king...i can never pay attention long enough.. lol.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

THANKS SO MUCH FOR RUINING THE BOOK FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

:mad:

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

HOLY CRAP NEVER EVER EVER write spoilers anywhere on an open forum. some people haven't finished the book yet, people, INCLUDING ME. WHY do I ALWAYS end up knowing what happens before it happens when it comes to harry potter >< i need a wizard to obliviate my ass back to yesterday

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Yeah, I'm really pissed off... :angry:

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

especially since ive had just about every book ruined for me now....

Alacrity

hehe....sorry guys didnt know! i didnt think that any of you guys would be reading it now. I like ur sig bad angel...it rocks

LinkinTheory

If you're trying to redeem yourself that's not going to work. . .

J/K. But seriously, no spoilers, please. I had already read it, but I refrained from posting it, as did others. Not to get on your case or anything.

Alacrity

ok ok ok...this is like my first real forum thing ive done so HELP ME OUT lol j/p but hey im SORRY

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Why are you "lol" about it? I don't find it funny. You seriously ruined Harry Potter for me.

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

same thing with me as jawknee. you are not allowed to post any spoilers, not even warning people that there's a spoiler. if someone wants a spoiler, you PM them. the reason we do this is so that anyone who doesn't want anything spoiled for them doesn't have to worry about something like this happening. it's not a funny matter at all.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

I read Harry Potter 5 as well. When the [person] died it wasn't very emotional and I thought that Rowling could have done a better job at dramatizing it. It was still a good read but there is much better out there. I'd give the book a B+ and the series A-. Just can't compare to what George R.R. Martin is writing these days. Pick up the Song of Ice and Fire Series if you want Fantasy at its finest since the Death Gate Cycle.

LinkinTheory

I thought that Order was the best so far in the series. But not the best book ever. I'd have to give that title to books 1-5 in Wheel of Time.

LinkinTheory

Son of a. . .! I'm really sorry, I didn't realize I had pressed the back button I thought something had an error and i double posted.