Body Transformations

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Nobody Can Shave Me Now, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I weigh 88lbs (40Kg) and I am around 1,55m tall (sorry for lame conversions), and obviously my struggle is to gain weight. According to a quick research I made I'm about 10kgs under my ideal weight (which is a lot), and I'd really like to gain at least half of that.

What are my struggles? Appetite. I feel like I eat like a kid in terms of portions (not like, I most likely do) and the thing is that I get satisfied quickly and therefore I can't eat more that I do. Sometimes I feel a bit like a robot because I treat food the way cars treat gasoline, only for functional purposes.

The good aspect of it is that I eat only what's necessary for my body and I don't do it for cravings or for gluttony, the bad thing is that I got stuck in that weight and can't go up.

My diet I don't think is the best, it doesn't have much variety so I might be missing something. I'm not a fan of vegetables, I eat them only as food seasoning and they have to be cut in tiny pieces because in large chunks I find them unpleasant. I have also been in a sedentary state since I entered college, so I stopped doing sports and my physical activity resistance has lowered a lot.

My short-to-medium term goal is to exercise more, I have a friend who is a bodybuilder and he gave me a few routines I can start with, he also told me exercising will help me gain weight in a healthy way because it'll be muscle weight. Other than that I pretty much don't know what to do because if my appetite won't let me, I cannot eat more, and my mom has a pharmacy so since I've been a kid I've taken all sorts of appetite-enhancing vitamins, which work at the beginning but then it'll be the same again.

I really want to start my internships because I'll be out of town and on my own, and I won't have many of the distractions that I have here, so hopefully I can work there and start creating a habit and by the time I get back I would have that routine.

----

Oh and by the way I wish you all good luck on your journey, it takes a lot of physical and mental strength to reach the change we want for ourselves.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  2. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

You won't gain weight from lifting weights unless you consume more calories, too. I'm going through the same thing. Hardgainers are in a tough spot. They either have to eat more during each meal, eat more meals, or eat calorie dense foods. Most people don't have the time to eat 4-6 meals a day, and most aren't hungry enough to eat bigger portions at each meal. I've been trying to eat more meals and calorie dense foods, and that seems to be working for me so far. I started going for whole milk and lots of noodles and grains. That's pretty much the only thing I changed with my diet. Plus lots of water.

And you also have to stimulate your muscles enough in order for them to rebuild and grow.

3. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Yes well I'm taking this very lightly at the moment as I need to "get myself together" in terms of balancing my lifestyle, I'll soon be working on my thesis so that will take a huge chunk of my time. I will focus right now on trying to get a little of physical resistance back.

I will not lift weights, since I really have to catch up first (5 years of no strong physical activity certainly does no good) I am going to start "from scratch" with prop-less routines I can do at home like crunches, lunges, squats (small props) etc, also I can't afford a gym subscription.

And as for diet, certainly eating bigger portions is not an option for me, and the food you named sounds like a good place to start, although I would have to get that right first so I wouldn't do it all wrong and start eating poorly. Too bad I'm not a fan of italian food, pasta is an option I hear name a lot on weight-gaining conversations.

4. Jacen

Jacen Well-Known Member

Here's my story.

15-16 - I was at my physical best. Played sports everyday (soccer, rugby, basketball, etc) and was feeling great at around 75kg/165lb.
    16-17 - Started to let myself go a bit. Got addicted to online gaming (WoW etc) and started to become lazy. I was around 80-85kg/~185lb.
    17-18 - Really let myself go. Stopped with most sports and become a couch potato basically. 85-90kg/198lb.
    18-19 - Became involved with a girl I knew from Uni. Had very strong feelings for her but then it all went to shit when we broke up. I was a complete mess, depressed as fuck and started to eat a lot. Confidence was at an all time low, I'm a shy guy but I turned into a Socially Awkward Penguin. I didn't see most of my friends for about a year. This was 2011 and I was at the most 118kg/260lb.
    -------------------
    Dec 2011 - Reconnected with my friends for the first time in several months. A few of them started lifting and to be honest, they looked really good with their new physiques (they used to be skinny dudes). I wanted that so I made it my mission to get back to my best. I didn't want to feel like a loser again, I was great a couple years ago and wondered to myself "what the fuck dude?" I felt weak and ashamed of I've started to become.
    Jan - Came back from a holiday in Bali where I wanted to rediscover myself, funny how being away from home actually makes you think about your life. Came in at 106kg/234lb.
    Feb - Started lifting and slowly getting into a diet. 100kg/220lb.
    Mar - Started reconnecting with more friends and made new ones. 96kg/211lb.
    Apr - Set a realistic goal for myself, cut down to atleast 80kg by August then have a lean bulk and cut ready for the Aussie summer. I was at around 94kg/207lb
    May - I was getting the hang of this. Made progress to 90kg/198lb
    NOW - Almost 20 and I'm sitting at 88kg/194. Noticing a big difference in my confidence, whether that was to the affect of reading The Game and listening to Joe Rogan Podcasts I don't know. Going start MMA with a few mates near the end of June. feelsgoodman.jpg

I'm not going to post any pics until I reach my goal. Which, I hope would be the end of this year. Besides I'm camera shy and I have barely any decent photos. Though I may keep you guys updated with little blog entries on this thread if people are interested.

5. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

@ Jacen

Good stuff man. Keep doing what you're doing and best of luck!

It's all about the drive, time management, and hitting your macros. Last year I was downing 6 - 8 meals a day on top of 60 hours of school, and 20 - 30 hours/week for work. I went from 145 lbs - 178 lbs in 8 months, and stayed steady around 178 lbs from September to February.
    Four months ago I dislocated my shoulder severely and that has lagged my progress. I'm sitting at 165 lbs, and tweaking my regiment a little, as I can't perform 100% for the time being.

I consider myself a lazy bastard. If I can do it, so can everyone else!

6. Jacen

Jacen Well-Known Member

Thanks dude, really appreciate it!

7. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I'm a very short guy, so whereas 150 lb would be uncommonly skinny for most guys my age, being 150 or above puts in overweight (not obese, thankfully). Working it down now, easier now that it's summer and I'm graduated and at home.

8. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Keep us updated. I like reading about this kind of stuff.

9. Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

I'm drinking too much. Its warm....and drinks taste good during the summer. I most likely have gained 8 pounds. I fear my fatness my consume me again. So, Ive decided to cut back on the drinking and start lifting (again.) Lost my motivation. Dammit!

I fell back into the eating cycle I was in. Its so easy to get off track when consuming alcohol. I get mai munchies.

Bottom line. Stay on track folks.

10. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I was on vacation in Montana for two weeks and took about a month off from lifting and eating a high calorie diet. Lost 10 pounds. Not sure how much of that was muscle. Hope not too much! Back on the grind!

11. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

For a minute I was getting a tad out of shape. Not gaining weight (I couldn't gain weight to save my fucking soul.) But just getting a little. . . Bleh. But I climbed for the first time in a month and I can already see a difference. Need to better my diet as well. Way too much fast food

12. BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

I've never been impressed with myself, when I was 14 through 17 years old I was 210lbs and got made fun of a lot, decided to drop it all and went too far, dropped to about 145 in 3 months. I hardly ate and lost weight in the worse way possible.

Slowly but surely by 19 I gained back to 175lbs and maintained it since, but still I never quite liked the way I looked, kinda avoided pools despite everyone saying I looked fine. Honestly I think my early years traumatized me to not liking my image.

Now im 23, For the past month and a half I've been doing INSANITY, tried it last year with my girlfriend, but went on vacation after month one and never went back...until a couple weeks ago. Everyday (except Sunday) I've been getting my butt kicked. A couple days ago I burned 1,000+ calories in 1 workout. Thought I was going to die.. haha.

But I'm impressed I'm actually toning up which I never thought was possible with my body! If anyone wants to drop weight fast I suggest trying it, if you can tollerate workout videos. And afford it, or like my friends just torrent it ;)

13. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

This thread is inspirational. Really.

Although, I've never experience being so overweight in my life but when I was in my sophomore year in Uni, the heaviest weight I gained so far was 123 lbs and I'm 5'4". I think it was only Mom who was so supportive and happy about it. I have hormonal imbalance and the Doctor prescribed different pills. I really went to a stage wherein I just craved for food like a lot. Then things started to change. Aside from being costly (for food) my clothes started not to fit. Hardest part though when you don't know what to wear anymore. I was focused in my studies that I forgot to exercise and I was a lazy ass 'til now. My sister and my friends started to you know made comments. Girls comments usually. lol. I started not to eat which is not really a good thing. Right now, I'm okay with my weight but I know for a fact I'm not healthy. I drink a lot of soft drinks and water less. I'm planning to go for swimming but I don't know when to start. Usually, I got this brilliant idea and then doing it makes so hard. I think what I need is a deadline and be serious on it.