Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Mr. Benzedrine, Mar 24, 2004.
For sure is not LP & Jay-z
No way! w.y.w.t.b is waaaaaay better then tell all your friends
No way! w.y.w.t.b is waaaaaay better then tell all your friends [/b][/quote]
I heard 'A decade under the influence' and thought it was brilliant, so I bought their album and the rest of it kinda sucked n didn't live up to my expectations.
Scooter - Mind The Gap's Bonus CD:
Scooter - We Like it Loud Tour Live
Not really an album, but great.
Lostprophets - Start Something
Great album, you can listen to it straight through. Best songs on the album are A Million Miles, Goodbye Tonight, Last Summer, and Hello Again.
Best Albums (No Order):
Lamb of God - "Ashes of the Wake"
Green Day - "American Idiot"
SlipKnot - "Volume 3..."
Killswitch Engage - "End of Heartache"
Letter Kills - "Bridge"
The Used - "In Love & Death"
My Chemical Romance - "Three Cheers for..."
Senses Fail - "Let It Enfold You"
Nirvana - "With The Lights Out"
Lostprophets - "Start Something"
The Best Album:
Green Day - "American Idiot"
The Best Albums Of 2004
10::Gwen Stefani-Love. Angel. Music. Baby.
09::Depeche Mode-The Remixes. 81-04
08::No Warning-Suffer. Survive
07::Taking Back Sunday-Where You Want To Be
05::Various Artist-The Original Halo 2 Soundtrack
03::The Used-In Love And Death
02::My Chemical Romacne-Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge
And The Number One Album Of 2004 is...
01::Green Day-American Idoit
I have to say Green Day-American Idiot.
Green Day- American Idoit, or Breaking Benjamin- We Are Not Alone
Changes in quote
1. Letter Kills - The Bridge
2. Dresden Dolls - Self-titled (I think this was also released in '03)
3. My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge
4. The Used - In Love and Death
5. UnderOATH - They're Only Chasing Safety
6. Muse - Absolution
7. Blindside - About a Burning Fire
8. Funeral For a Friend - Casually Dressed and Deep in Conversation
9. Beastie Boys - To the 5 Boroughs
10. Linkin Park/Jay Z - Collision Course
I've finally decided, Album of the Year:
Kanye West- The College Dropout
01:: The Used - In Love and Death
02:: My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge
03:: ISIS - Panopticon
04:: Head Automatica - Decadence
05:: Breaking Benjamin - We are not Alone/Lostprophets - Start Something
06:: The Exies - Head for the Door/Funeral for a Friend - Casually Dressed...
07:: Good Charlotte - The Chronicles of Life and Death
08:: Korn - Greatest Hits Vol. 1
09:: Bleeding Through - This is Love, This is Murderous
10:: Slipknot - Vol. 3 (the subliminal verses)
11:: Underoath - They're Only Chasing Safety
12:: Atreyu - The Curse
14:: Evanescence - Anywhere but Home
15:: Senses Fail - Let it Enfold You
16:: Letterkills - The Bridge
17:: Skindred - Babylon
18:: Blood Brothers - Crimes
19:: Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache
20:: Taking Back Sunday - Where You want to Be
I have to say that the best album of 2004 was definitely--
Snow Patrol - Final Straw
FINAL LIST FOR 2004:
1. Pain of Salvation - "BE" - One of the best albums of all time, a concept album that crosses countless genres, discussing Creation, the meaning of our existence, and mankind's possible downfall.
2. Jordan Rudess - "Rhythm of Time" - 8 amazing tracks of prog with an uncountable palette of sounds from the DT keyboardist virtuoso!
3. John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess - ''An Evening With John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess'' - A semi-improvised, part-acoustic concert that shows the depth of their genius and technical ability!
4. The Tangent - "The World That We Drive Through" - Fantastic Jazz-fusion from Stolt, Bodin, and Reingold!
5. Pain of Salvation - "12:5" - POS songs rearranged in an acoustic setting for instant magic. A live album.
6. The Flower Kings - "Adam & Eve" - Neo-prog from Stolt and company, featuring POS frontman Daniel Gildenlow on some tracks. Two epics around 20 minutes!
7. Neal Morse - "One" - Christian progger going for a Transatlantic sound on this release!
8. Karmakanic - "Wheel of Life" - Astounding jazz-fusion and metal, written by Jonas Reingold, amazing fretless bass work!
9. Michael Pinella - "Enter by the 12th Gate" - neo-classical piano with a hint of metal. Some great synth work and orchestration!
10. Joe Satriani - "Is There Love in Space?" - From the guitar master, a solid album of amazing solos and sounds
Dead Soul Tribe - "The January Tree" - A dark atmospheric journey a la Tool!
In no order:
LP JZ-Collision Course
Slipknot - Vol. 3
Pain of Salvation - Be
Lamb of God - Ashes of the Wake
The Haunted - Revolver
Mastodon - Leviathan
Amon Amarth - Fate of Norns
The Dillinger Escape Plan - Miss Machine
Wintersun - Wintersun
Arsis - A Celebration of Guilt
That is my finalized list though.
Green Day "American Idiot" and Jamie Cullum "Twenty Something". I might have forgotten some but I'll edit if it's necessary.
Chevelle - This Kind Of Thinking (Could Do Us In)
the used - In Love and Death
"Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" - My Chemical Romance
"American Idiot" - Green Day
"Laptop EP" - MC Lars
"Love, Sex and Rock n' Roll" - Social Distortion
"Within a Mile of Home" - Flogging Molly
"The Downward Spiral" - Nine Inch Nails (REISSUE)
"London Calling" - the Clash (REISSUE)
Paulette-yup, the Dresden Dolls s/t is from 2003...They're in the studio recording demos for a new album now though...so YAY.
Separate names with a comma.