Best 5 movies...ever!

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Friskey™, Jan 2, 2005.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is also a trilogy...and it consists of five books. So the word "trilogy" is a bit arbitrary. [/b][/quote]
    Okay.

The View Askew store sells Clerks, Mallrats & Chasing Amy as the Jersey Triology (it's a box-set) though, thus the reason I brought it up.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Okay.

The View Askew store sells Clerks, Mallrats & Chasing Amy as the Jersey Triology (it's a box-set) though, thus the reason I brought it up. [/b][/quote]
    I meant to say the View Askew Universe!

withnoapologies

withnoapologies Well-Known Member

ok.... took a while to decide..... but:

1) Requiem For A Dream- made me depressed for 2 weeks, a real eye opener, Darren Aronofsky(the director) is simply amazing....

2) Donnie Darko- any movie that makes me cry is an amazing movie, i thought that i had no right to be alive after i saw it.... you can't beat that.... (besides, of course, Requiem)

3) Crime And Punishment In Suburbia- During basically the whole movie, you think, wow, this is just a pointless movie about murder, a stalker, and how many times an obese man can swear... but the ending makes it..... one major theme is about hope, and a path to reach happiness and salvation.... not to mention, Vincent Kartheiser is beautiful

4) Kinsey- lets talk...... about sex. what more do you need? oh, and i almost forgot, Liam Neeson is in it, and he's spectacular!

5) Love Actually- such a happy movie!.... i LOOOOOOOOVE it! go love! go Hugh Grant!... not to mention my aunt hates me more because i like 'such an awful film'!

honourable mentions: Another Day in Paradise, Les Miserables, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Dandelion, Moulin Rouge, Saw, and Star Wars (4, 5, 6)
    and i forget the name of it this one movie, about a prostitute, who becomes a serial killer.... and she's a lesbian...... whats it called?!.... whatever, you get the point. excelent movie...

Cassie

Cassie The time to hesitate is through.

All time favorite movie!

Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas.

The Nightmare Before Christmas is a visual splendor. Done on the cheap, this could have been a gimmicky, unsatisfying experience, but, as the result of considerable time and effort, it is an absolute success. All of the figures move smoothly and naturally, and the attention to detail is exquisite. We are given a group of cleverly fashioned characters that look like refugees from Edward Gorey's sketchbook.

Donnie Darko.

Flooring, absolutely amazing. I was knocked flat. A gorgeous cast and plenty of golden quotes.

"And how did it make you feel when you were denied these... hungry, hungry hippos?" :lol:

Sleepy Hollow.

Johnny Depp. *deceases* Christina Ricci. *resurrects and deceases* The Headless Horseman... heh. Tim captured the beloved American faerie tale flawlessly.

What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

5 stars. I highly, highly recommend this film. Leonardo DiCaprio captures the struggles of a 17 year-old boy suffering from a mental illness. His older brother, Gilbert (Johnny Depp) realizes that life is a terrible thing to waste when one's not living in it. While juggling his family, and his personal life, he finds where his true values lie.

Girls and boys, I suggest stocking up on at least a dozen boxes of Kleenex and a chocolate bar. :lol:

The Punisher.

I hearted the film so much the first time 'round in theatres, I suggested Neil and his buddies take me out to town to see it a second time. :) Tom Jane - most widely known, if at all, for his leading role in the shark flick, Deep Blue Sea - is Frank Castle, a retiring FBI agent. A series of unfortunate events during a family reunion in Puerto Rico, tracks Castle back 6 months, where he must leave his past and the surname, Castle, and throw himself into the future for him that lies ahead. But you can bet, Frank Castle won't enter life unprepared. Great action sequences. (I must admit I balled both times during the chase scene between Maria, Will and the Saints and his wicked henchmen.)

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

1- Run Lola Run

I thought the concept was great. Beginning with one situation and having three possible endings is really great. I'm also a sucker for German/European movies so..

2- Seducing Doctor Lewiss

It's a Quebec movie that won the Sundance festival's public prize. I loved it because of how funnily it shows a stereotypical little village cut from the world. Also, some great Quebec's actors play in it (Benoit Brière, Bruno Blanchet, Rita Lafontaine) I know most of you probably haven't even heard about it, but it's definitely one of the best local movie ever.

3- The Barbarian Invasions

It won the Oscar for Foreign Language film at the last Oscar's ceremony. IMO, it's one of the deepest movie ever done. Denis Arcand played on the fears of the Baby Boomers but also made a constatation of today's society. Rémy Girard was excellent, but I still don't understand why Marie-Josée Croze is said to be excellent in this movie..

4- Goodbye Lenin

Because I'm a sucker for History, Germany and everything having a link with the russian communism. It pictures greatly how a city and its people have to accept and adapt themselves to majors changes in their environment. Simply amazing

5 - Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

Best movie ever made on memory. I'm not a big fan of Jim Carrey and even less of Kate Winslet but I was greatly surprised by the movie. It was a bit hard to understand at first (I listened to it at midnight) but when I saw it a second time the day after, many things made sense.

peripeteia

peripeteia Ambient

i think its called 'Monster'....starring Charlize Theron right?

Requiem for a Dream is a really huge opener for me. i didnt really get what it meant until a few laters when the horrible truth sunk it. thats when i really lost it.

Figure11

Figure11 Active Member

Im pretty sure that you are 13 years old :lol:

hermione_weasley192

hermione_weasley192 Member

Okay, lets see...
    1) Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azaban
    2) Ice Age
    3) Spiderman 2
    4) Spiderman
    5) The Matrix

Basically, they're all from various genres, but hey, I like 'em different...=)

withnoapologies

withnoapologies Well-Known Member

i think its called 'Monster'....starring Charlize Theron right?

Requiem for a Dream is a really huge opener for me. i didnt really get what it meant until a few laters when the horrible truth sunk it. thats when i really lost it. [/b][/quote]
    yeah, thats right!... Monster, gotta love that movie, excellent.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

donnie darko, fight club, nightmare before christmas, kill bill, bubble boy

lplava

lplava Well-Known Member

5) The Matrix- for obvious reasons(by that i didn't mean Keanu Reeves!)...one of the coolest movies of all time!

4) Spiderman 1- spidey's always been my favourite superhero...the movie just brings him to life

3) Spiderman 2- i just can't get enough of spidey!

2) The Lord of the Rings- that says it all

1) Ice Age- yeah i kno its an animated movie and all...but seriously, it doesnt really get any funnier than this!

MariosLP

MariosLP Super Member

Lord of the rings-trilogy(the best)
    Star Wars-trilogy

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

- the bourne idenity
    - Jurrasic Park
    - the lion King
    - Gladiator
    - Matrix triolgy

lpassailant

lpassailant Well-Known Member

Bedtime stories 8
    Backyard Bangers 6

Just Kidding!!?

Scary Movie for sure... all of em
    Resident Evil's
    The Tekken movie (w00t)
    Eurotrip

LP_Freak_2735

LP_Freak_2735 Well-Known Member

1.The Passion Of The Christ- What more is there to say?
    2.Donnie Darko-Amazing Movie, just Amazing.
    3.Lord Of The Rings Trilogy- The battle scences and walking trees are great.
    4.A Walk to Remember-No real reason, I just love it.
    5.Sister Act 2:Back In The Habit-LMAO, such a happy movie. Gotta love it!