am I the only one that ever liked "Hit the Floor"?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by mcpancakes, Aug 9, 2007.

lief92

lief92 Well-Known Member

well, it seems that you're not the only one. i personally love the line "But what goes up has got to fall" when mike says it. it's so badass. i love playing this song as background music when i am playing hitman. lol. this is also one of the first songs i learnt on guitar. i haven't played it in a while. *picks up guitar and plays riff*.

WizzyKid

WizzyKid Well-Known Member

Hit The Floor is perhaps my least favourite linkin park song, and that includes all the tracks of Reanimation. The reason being I find nothing about the song sets itself apart from any of there other songs in any way. Theres nothing that really stands out and the music can be quite empty.

What I mean by quite empty is on many of there songs, there are many sounds and instruments overlapping and blending with each other. If you turn the volume up high enough or listen with headphones you will notice subtle sounds that just add even more flair ontop of all the standard sounds. Not much of this is present in Hit the Floor.

The lyrics aren't that strong either, especially when compared to songs like Forgotten, Pushing Me Away, Breaking the Habit etc. Chester's screaming doesen't really sound like screaming either, but rather loud shouting. The only thing that truly stands out about this song is Mike's rapping, but unfortunately the added effects on his voice just kill it and thats the only thing I don't like about any of their songs.

Well thats just my opinion. I guess with this single post I made LP sound like crap which is not true :lol: Since they're still my favourite band. This is just the way I feel about Hit the Floor. It just does not have much LP spice to it as other songs. Everything I said here also can be said for Easier to Run, tough the music is a bit better and Chester has a solid voice.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

i don't understand why; it has screaming, guitars ... vocal-wise, it's nothing harder than "papercut", but with screaming. :confused: the only problem i saw with it was that chester yelled rather than screamed during the chorus. he screamed during the bridge after the second chorus, though, which was cool.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
    steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

It's one of those underated LP songs, one of my favs of theres!

Radish

Radish Guest

I love Hit the Floor. It was my favorite song for a VERY long time, and it's still number 3 on my iPod on most listened to songs. I Think it's great. Never heard it live, but from what i hear it's not all that good live. I definitely think Chaz completely destroys the screaming factor on the album:D It's AWESOME! I love this song and always have.

Fear

Fear Well-Known Member

Hit The Floor is a good song. I still listen to it occasionally.

I like the song, I just always forget about it for some reason. I have never heard it live before either, what year did they play it? Just during 2003?