Against Me!'s Tom Gabel Is Becoming a Woman

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by @LP2K12, May 9, 2012.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

There was not a statement that said "I would personally not date X" It was "I can say that no one here would date X" (Just using different words) being
    which is arrogant and bigoted.

Ergo, it is not the same thing at all. Tthe question asked was "Would anyone on this forum date a transgendered person?" as if that ended something and was the end all. It was a rhetorical question meant to be answered in the negative to prove a point. There are people on this forum that would. I would. Others would too. It's an invalid argument and is not the same at all as what you're talking about.

It's the same as if I asked "Would anyone on this forum seriously date someone twice their age?" It's not saying "I won't but others might" it's "I won't so others won't either"

Last edited: May 15, 2012
    Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Nope.

He really JUST asked a question. Honestly, since he asked "Why would anyone HERE" and not ask why would anyone in general date a transgender, it sounds less like a rhetorical question IMO. We can perceive the question whatever way we want, but when it comes down to facts, he asked a question. The reason why he asked the question would explain if he is arrogant or bigoted.

Also, if you live in a society where certain things are considered "weird", it's not odd to ask "why would somebody do this? This isn't normal." Someone who feels angered by these "weird" actions? Those are the people with problems.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

I love Against Me!, always was a major fan of "Stop!" I fully support Tom and I will still love Against Me! with Laura.

shinformant

shinformant Banned

No, he said that whether or not she's attractive would "put a lid on" the matter of whether or not going through with this procedure is acceptable. Don't be disingenuous. It's a fucking pathetic attitude to have.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I really love this attitude of "No, this is what you nazi fuckers really meant..." you people are putting up. Like we're really just horribly disgusted by the fact that these people exist and are just dancing around having to say that.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Jesse: You are reading waaay into this thing and trying to find something that isn't there! As Rocky said, all it was was just a question. The "negative tone" is all in your head.

shinformant: First off you might want to calm down a little bit. It isn't only about attractiveness, I've said that. There are many trans people out there who are good looking now as females but I wouldn't marry one and lot of other people wouldn't either. That choice is just as much rational and just as someone with an opposite view on the matter.

Thank you.

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Holy hell WTF is with the arguing?

Seriously grow the fck up people.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Haha that's what forums are for :p