Abuse of prisoners in Iraq

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Radical Dreamer, May 11, 2004.

What's everyone opinion on this scandal? Who do you blame, if anyone?

Nothing surprises me about this scandal other than the sheer hypocrisy of Bush/Blair & co. Abuse of prisoners did happen during WW2 and I would say it's fairly common for things like this to happen. The only thing that unnerved me was that coalition soldiers are meant to IMPROVE Iraq, not turn it into another hell on earth by systematically torturing and sexually abusing detainees. I know it's only a minority who are carrying out the abuse but the actions of a few will have major impact on many people. After all, we're no different to Saddam when he was in power if our governments let this happen or, even worse, try to sweep it under the rug.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

It's ####ed...but to be honest I'm surprised this wasn't on the news months ago.

Hmm, somehow I missed the other thread about detainees being tortured. :wth:

The mods can close this if one thread's enough.

Anyway...yeah. The pictures were SICK. If Bush was alerted of these abuse cases a year ago, I'd say he's trying to cover all this up.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

dont we already have this topic... *is confused* :wth: :shifty:
    *hides in a paperbag*

I know. Hence I said:

:)

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

I know. Hence I said:

:) [/b][/quote]
    righto. now can somebody please show me the pictures everybody is talking about?...

Crazy.Desperate.Insane

Crazy.Desperate.Insane Well-Known Member

I don't think there would be anyone here who would be willing to post those disturbing pictures. Just search them all by yourself.