A Thousand Suns Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elcirith

Elcirith Active Member

I would say,
    ATS
    Hybrid Theory EP/Reanimation
    Meteora
    MTM

And the posts above have really helped me realise the lyrical differences between HT and Meteora, but i still cant help but love Meteora

2. Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

Lol, just as about the same list I wrote then ;)

Reanimation is, in my opinion, a masterpiece and one of the best album ever made from 2000-2010. From that album I just wanted Mike to take all control as a producer. Of course, I loved TRT. I feel like they totally took control of this album and that Rubin had much less room to make comment for this album than for MTM. He was there when they needed him, but I feel that they took control of the whole process and when Mike does that, he never do wrong.

To be honest, i was disappointed by Meteora when I listened to it the first time cause of the all HT 2.0 but 2003 was the year i saw LP twice (the first time was for the LPU tour in europe, last time ever they'd do a whole tour in places that weren't arenas) and since they were promoting Meteora, it has a special place in my heart

3. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

First of all, as ridiculous as the "im not a robot im not a monkey" line is (i happen to love the album but that line is a little funny) i still enjoy it because it has some serious meaning behind it.

What preceded that line was "Cause when you have a theory of how the thing works everyone wants the next thing to be just like the first." The line you're criticizing is the exact line Shinoda and the rest of the guys would want you to absorb, if NOTHING ELSE, from this album.

I AM NOT A ROBOT, I AM NOT A MONKEY, I WILL NOT DANCE EVEN IF THE BEAT IS FUNKY

a.k.a

No, i am not a mindless pawn for you, or my record label, or anyone. I will do what I want, what I enjoy, what inspires me. If you don't like that, KICK ROCKS.

If you can not accept this you are

1.) a closed minded fool
    2.) a selfish fan who wants LP to do what YOU want, not what they want

and yes, you pointed out this argument already. followed by "thats besides the point" and thats where u dropped it. Why? Because you have no response to it. You KNOW you have no response to it because artistic creativity and freedom is not something you can deny of anyone. Artists will do what they want. Period.

what the fuck is this anyway, request a song?

Dear LP, i want a song with a sick electronic intro that goes in a heavy breakdown, then bring the electronic beat back and throw a sick rhyme over it. Build it back up then have Chester scream some REAL FEEL HEAL words over the loud guitars and scratching, after you repeat this 2-3 times have a DIFFERENT, but still heavy bridge come in and instead of Chester screaming REAL FEEL HEAL have him scream PAIN IGNORED NUMB words. This. Now THIS would be true creativity.

And the problem with the above description is that if they did that, PEOPLE LIKE YOU WOULD BE HAPPY. Everyone else will face palm and say When is LP going to mature musically and do something different? When?

Get over yourself, build a bridge over the river you just cried, CROSS IT, and move on to a different band that cant evolve.

4. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I'm not going to waste my time replying to your specific points because I think the fact you didn't respond to my post LAST time shows that you really had no retort for it.

If you feel like redeeming yourself, I'll quote the post again:

5. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

I could've took my time and read this post, but I enjoy all my brain cells and don't want to lose any of them so I will just say this....

Quit.Your.Bitching.

6. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

If you don;t liek the album this is for you....
    [​IMG]

7. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Ex prez bush sez: God bless America, fuck da haterz and LP 4 lyfe bitches!

:lol:

8. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

"there is a common misconception that a movement in any direction is progression."

Also, I kind of agree with that one guy that was a TRUE FAN FROM BACK IN DA DAY. Well, only on one issue.. and that is, I don't see how everyone is proclaiming this to be the best LP album to date.

9. Dara

Dara Well-Known Member

Yes!

10. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Not sure how the quote there is that relevant, considering that I generally don't see too many people claiming or implying that they think any sort of change is inherently progression.

And again for the rest, people are at least trying to justify saying that this is their best album. No less than you've justified yourself in saying it isn't, anyway. Oh well.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  11. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I've posted a review of why I think this album falls flat, what more do you want? Would you like a 15 page essay, Dean? Just because it's not in this thread doesn't mean it's not on the board.

And the quote is relevant. They tried something new, and in my opinion, they failed. Hard. But yet, alot of people are claiming it's their best yet and all of this outlandish stuff. Just because they're experimenting with a new sound, doesn't mean they're making progress on changing the sound of the band. It's still Linkin Park, it's still nu-metal no matter how you look at it.

12. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

So what you just said is that LP still sounds like LP of old, yet you still don't like it. Interesting.

And your last sentence made me vomit. This mindset is the only reason this CD will get any bad reviews from critics. And I don't get it. If Brittney Spears comes out with an industrial rock record, I'm not going to care if she used to be a pop artist. If the music is good, it's good. Haters gonna hate, though.

13. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Seriously, where do you get all those things?

I can't fathom how you consider The Catalyst, Burning in the Skies, Iridescent and The Messenger as nu-metal... Even the hard-hitting songs in ATS sound like NIN's industrial or The Prodigy's or Pendulum's electro music. Oh my...

And now I'm curious as to how do you define "progress"...

14. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I apologize sir, but I have to say this may be one of the most idiotic things you've said.

15. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Winner

Edit:

And I just wanna add something else. In 3-4 years when they release a new album, people are gonna be saying it's their best ever again, game-changer, move in the right direction etc etc and everyone is gonna be bashing ATS and say it was average at best, an experiment that failed etc etc just like they are doing with MTM and even Meteora now. You can quote me on that.

16. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Whatever dude. I'm not going to get drawn into arguing with you for the sake of it.

17. Hybrid_theory_110

Hybrid_theory_110 Member

thumbs up man.

18. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

Oh lol, if they feat Enya, I'll buy it nomatter what XD.

And if they play around with Jazz and Classical, I'll support them even they roll around with opera XD.
    Simply just my favorite genres.

People usually don't accept anything strange or new and bash it out of the book. Until the scientists prove it and they accept it like diamonds.

19. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Quoting you. :p

But seriously, I'm quoting you on this because I'm willing to bet you'll be right.

20. dereklp

dereklp :Not here:

toooo.....much.......arggg....maturity....in...thread....ughhhshahe...can't...keeeppp...ohhh ehuughh...head...from...AHHHH
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.