A Thousand Suns Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

I would rather listen to Meteora then have to hear Robot Boy. I think the chorus was just on repeat the entire song

2. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

You have been hating on ATS since you heard it, which makes this statement moot.
    Writing what came to their mind was the whole point instead of something that was part of their previous formula [see last three albums].
    Well, if life WERE to leave us bling, I would be really impressed, but since I am poor as fuck, I guess that makes that statement false.

3. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Wow, comparing a whole collection of songs from one record, to a single song from a wonderful album.

Irrelevant.

4. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

I dunno, I love that song. I really like the piano loop, the voice effects, the lyrics, the beat, and the synth in the epic ending with Chester shouting.

A Thousand Suns
    Reanimation
    Minutes to Midnight
    Hybrid Theory = Meteora

5. spursrule

spursrule Well-Known Member

I love all the songs, iridescent almost has me in tears its sikkkkkkkkk

When they come for me is bhangra-esque and sounds sikkkkk!

6. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

In all honesty I personally wouldn't put a lot between the songs I like better from Meteora and Robot Boy at the moment. I don't like that one much so far. But as a whole album I think ATS kicks Meteora into touch.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  7. Xodus112

Xodus112 Well-Known Member

A Thousand Suns is so superior to Meteora it shouldn't even be a discussion. I would say that the gap between ATS and HT is fairly large too but at least it felt real rather than constructed cliches meant to piggyback off of HT like Meteora. I listened to LP's whole discography yesterday HTEP-ATS and the albums where I skipped songs mid-song were Meteora and MTM. The thing is I had to skip multiple songs on Meteora which were: Don't Stay, Somewhere I Belong (right off the bat, I know lol), Hit the Floor, Numb. That's almost half the album and it was because Meteora is so damn predictable and cliche. While on MTM the only song I skipped was In Between because Mike's performance just doesn't do it for me.

I'd rank the albums like this.

A Thousand Suns
    HT/Reanimation (I can't choose between the two)
    MTM
    Meteora

P.S.

I don't see how anyone can listen to HT, Reanimation and Breaking the Habit (the one shining jewel on Meteora) and be surprised that they developed into a band that would make ATS.

8. thomas003

thomas003 Well-Known Member

Robot boy is a total different track. Both songs are soft ok but Robot Boy sounds just boring to me. Each sound of Iridiscent makes my hair going up or something :)

9. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Argh this thread leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Poor LP seriously can't win with some fans.

Meteora = FAIL
    Minutes to Midnight = FAIL
    A Thousand Suns = FAIL

I havent heard ATS yet, but I no for a fact i wont bash it to hell and back even if i dont like it.

10. Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

agreed...
    robot boy picks up very late...tough..

well..i must say im a bit disappointed at lyrics..i mean..after m2m and new divide..i expected something grand...except for 'the catalyst' and 'when they come for me'...other are pretty much ohk..or rather guessable songs..

11. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I'm up to The Catalyst on my second listen of ATS. It's sinking in and I'm loving it. I have no problem saying it's probably their stongest effort to date (need a few more listens to be sure).
    It's weird, for all the electronic elements ATS feels really natural and organic to me.

http://www.maniacworld.com/internet-bro-fist.jpg

Except for Given Up. I don't know what they were thinking there.

All my facts are scientifically proven by Joe Hahn.

Hairection? :lol:

12. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

ATS > Everything. Especially lyrically.

13. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Listen, people get annoyed when there are those that dislike a band for them being different. It is one of the most annoying things on the entire internet. It's a fact, people get all crazy because something isn't like the first or second thing an artist put out and it's the most.. immature.. silly.. wait. should I even finish?

As for Meteora, just because I think it's awful doesn't mean you have to. I HATE METEORA AND IT IS FUCKING AWFUL.

Deal with it. I don't give a fuck if you say that M2M is awful at all. Understand? I was only pointing out your idiotic hypocrisy. I just do not care if you like it or not, end of story. If you let other people's opinions of what music they like offend you then you're an idiot. And as for the record if you dislike something I 100% support voicing your opinion because I hate the double standard. I will say I love ATS and I will say I hate MT and I will also say compared to ATS, HT is mediocre.

Good day. And before you respond back to me, I said Good. Day. I refuse to even discuss this anymore with someone who's so childish as to get into a fit because I say that Meteora is awful when I think it is.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  14. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Jesse and Dana: Enough. There's no use bickering about it. You each have your viewpoint. And Jesse, there's no need to call anyone an idiot here. This isn't a big deal.

15. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Sorry Louis. Got a bit carried away there, I apologize.

16. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Wow. The cover of the special edition of A Thousand Suns is iridescent. :lol: (Mike posted pics)

17. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

[​IMG]

18. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

All I can hope for now is that they get a bright idea and release something like a Reanimation 2.0, remixing these ATS tracks to make them (somewhat) listenable.

19. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

That's the one I have, looks great.

20. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

All some of you seem to want are retreads and rehashes. *sigh* I give up on all of you. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your souls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.