A Thousand Suns Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I think Mike's voice is a gift from nature. Many people said a song becomes really good when Chester comes in, but both are in the same quality to me, with each doing his own style. Of course Chester has more ability to play with notes and mood, but Mike has a more... dunno.. hypnotizing voice.
    Iridiscent in the intro is the highlight for this, but still, i don't see why everybody goes crazy for the last part (aside the whole band singing but ok...), but to each their own. I just like it as anyone else on the record for now.

I agree with who says before ATS, Reanimation might have been the best, but there are just a couple of songs i skipped forever after listening once or maximum twice, which are the remixes of In the End and X-ecutioner style. Also Papercut is not the best remix... But in ATS there is no track to skip. That's great.
    HT i usually skipped Forgotten, Crawling (because i heared it like a milion times) Cure for the Itch (after 2 years tho) and Pushing me Away (while the mellow version/Reanimation are enchanting). On Meteora I skipped Somewhere I belong (also here after 2 years), Easier to Run, Nobody's Listening and after hearing also this for a milion times, Numb.
    MTM i incredibly never skipped anything hahaha. But is also more recent...
    ATS will be an album i will listen as a whole for a long time. No skippings.

2. Pedro18

Pedro18 Well-Known Member

I think every song will be amazing live, but has some as already said, Iridescent live, in the part that the band sings together.

In a live show, it will sound fucking amazing. I cannot wait to hear it.

I would love that they would sing it in my team's stadium, although it is almost impossible.

3. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Don't forget that the majority of LP fans haven't even listened to the album yet, so that could possibly change.

4. F1st3R

F1st3R Well-Known Member

Before listening to the album I thought that the interludes would suck. But they are really brilliant. The intro is the best I've ever heard. Well done LP!

5. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I think the album is bombtastically sex-having weed-smoking califragilisticespialidociously awesome with a side of sausage, gravy, and hashbrowns covered with cheese.

6. Spin

Spin Chaos that defies imagination

This album is going to get some seriously mixed reviews outside of the fansites. Haters gonna hate.

7. Jeff

It's a shame too, since A Thousand Suns is a motherfucking masterpiece.

8. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Have I mentioned these are the best lyrics LP have ever written?

9. tschenneck

tschenneck Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering if it isn't time to announce the tour supporters now? o_O It's already september...

10. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Have you been into Linkin Park for long? ;P You only need to spend a few minutes on the LPMB to get an idea of what their 'fans' are like.

This place and other fan-run message boards like the one at LP Live are generally where you'll find respectful Linkin Park fans. :) Especially when they're off-cycle ...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  11. Jeff

yeah, LPMB is fail, and shall never disgrace my eyes again.

12. Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

Doubtlessly, the best lyrics Mike and Chester have ever written.

13. Minus

I hope this album polarizes enough of those stupid fans to allow for more of the intelligent fans to go to concerts in peace.

14. spursrule

spursrule Well-Known Member

Blackout lyrics anyone?

15. Li

Li Well-Known Member

Wow. That was a sweet album.

NEED MORE LINKIN PARK MUSIC.

16. lpsquall

lpsquall Member

Too many interludes

I have some mix feelings about the album. Although the interludes are good, I don't think they should have been included in the album. There are just to many interludes and not enough songs. I feel cheated with only 9 actual songs. When I drive and listen to this album I will be skipping the interludes as they are not something I want to blast in my car. The interludes should have been saved for their live performances. When LP performs live, they always perform a different/extended version of all their songs. These interludes would have been perfect for a live show, not an album that consists of only 9 songs.

As for the 9 songs. Out of 9, I have to say Burning in the Skies is currently my favorite. It sounds and feels like Linkin Park. Everything else has something that sorta ruins the song. For example, in Waiting for the End, I can not stand Mike's voice. But when Chester comes in, the song works.

I don't know, I feel this album is going to take a while for me to love. It sort of has the same effect as M2M. At first, it was difficult to accept the change, but after listening to it for a while, I consider M2M a really good album (excluding Hands Held High).

17. Minus

After several more listens, I've come to the conclusion that taking out any of the tracks on this album would've been wrong. This is probably the most 'perfect' album they've made.

Bravo, LP. You've succeeded in creating an album that I will definitely be able to listen to from front to back nonstop. In fact, that's probably the ONLY way I can listen to it.

18. iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

Exactly, as soon as i start to like a song then something happens that ruins the song for me. I guess that comes with 4 minute songs

19. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Hahaha, i can post some positive reviews in German for ATS and you can post it on Amazon.de with your US Account ;-)

20. Li

Li Well-Known Member

I fully agree with Minus.

To respond to lpsquall, I feel that's where the interludes come into play. It helps with the flow of the album so it can be listened to as one entity. I do agree with you that there should be more actual songs though (can never hurt to have more music :p). Though, if you did want to listen to it in your car, you can just pull out the songs that they've already divided up for you and create your own cd.

I do have a couple of issues with the album.
    - Robot Boy sounds like a really long interlude. I kept waiting for the actual song to start.
    - Jornada del Muerto could have been made into a full song
    - Repeated the "wisdom, justice, and love" line a little too much in that one interlude
    - Played the speech twice in Wretches and Kings

Other than that, the album is fantastic. Have been waiting for this kind of album since Reanimation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.