A Thousand Suns Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

I like two songs on the CD, not becouse the rest is too soft or sth. I just don't like that kind of music, it is not the LP fault.

2. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

3. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

People here in my country too (Vietnam). Most of them bashed the shit out of this album. Even called it as a mixture of Pop/R&B/Electronic/blah/blah/blah......which was a very big failure.

I think they didn't even put their heart on ATS but gives it such a very high expectation for it to be a HT part 3 =))

4. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Just go up to them and be like... WHAT THE HEO?!

Then be like... WHAT THE PHO?!

Then be like... DU MA!

5. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

One of the reasons the band made "Meteora" was to prove their critics wrong, to prove that "Hybrid Theory" wasn't a fluke - so, with that second album done, and with the success it had, they'd made their point. They didn't need to make stuff that sounded like "Hybrid Theory" anymore.

And, so, ever since then, they've been trying to prove that Linkin Park is not a one-trick pony - and, sadly, they even have to explain to close-minded fans over and over again that being a one-trick pony actually isn't cool.

To all of you who think the band should have stuck with their original 'unique' sound ... the band avoided that sound which they'd perfected on their first two albums because, after all that time, it stopped being unique. <.<

They explained it a million times when "Minutes To Midnight" was on the verge of being released; songs like those on "Hybrid Theory" and "Meteora" became too easy for them to write; those conventions were too easy for them to fall back on and they were easy for other bands to take on as well. Sh*t became cliched.

I'm happy that "A Thousand Suns" isn't "Hybrid Theory" -- see, I already have "Hybrid Theory" sitting on my CD shelf and I don't need another copy. <.<

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  6. mrhahn98

mrhahn98 Member

So u're from VietNam... too?

7. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Very good comment. It is no problem for me when someone doesn´t like the album but looking @ the people at Amazon Germany just hurts my eyes. "Perhaps Chester should leave the band (i will keep on listening DBS, wtf?), they had a fight and were close to split up because Mike wanted to have more parts (they once made a joke with a reporter afair and some people really took it for real), Chester doesn´t like Electro and of course the standard sentence "I am a fan since the beginning and they just try to get more mainstream fans blahblah". I knew it was coming but deep inside i hoped people wouldn´t mix their hate for the album with lies :-/

8. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

LYRICS SPOILER

From "When They Come For Me"

This is for the "stuck-in-the-HT/Meteora era" fans. Straight from the horse's mouth.

9. FabiFabio

FabiFabio Active Member

This album is so crazy (in a positiv way). I can't Imagin how the demo material of ATS sounds like.

10. PFortyy

PFortyy Banned

Love that line. SUCK IT!! haha

11. tobasko

tobasko Member

Sooo... Does anybody have links to album?=))
    Nah just kiddin' I've ordered deluxe edition, so Imma wait 14 September just on principle...

12. Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

the Combination of Wisdom, Justice and Love with Iridescent made me have a tear in my eye...the beginning of Martin`s speech, the effects used, and the transition...wow. the Album tops HT, Hands Down :) and Blackout is sick.

13. Elcirith

Elcirith Active Member

Hey guys, I've listened to the album a few times and it is without a doubt the best album Linkin Park has ever released
    An thanks to the LPA for filling me with info since Mike started releasing the puzzles :D

14. The iSCREAM

The iSCREAM Active Member

yeah he said "Mochiagate, Tokihanashite"

15. tschenneck

tschenneck Well-Known Member

someone know which speech Wisdom, Justice and love is made of?

i can't find it...

16. Dev-Meister

Dev-Meister Member

I think this is the perfect album because, i reckon it would gain Linkin Park a lot of new fans, based on the new genres the touch on, and somehow still manages to justify us faithfuls.

17. luisjs

luisjs Active Member

I read somewhere that it means "Lift me up, Let me go" in Japanese... I don't remember where, lol.

18. Dev-Meister

Dev-Meister Member

Legendary comment dude. I could not agree more.

19. tschenneck

tschenneck Well-Known Member

ATS got 2,5 of 5 stars at amazon. And that with 30 ratings. I can see this having 1.5 of 5 -.- i didn't know they got that shitty and respectless fans. FUCK THEM

20. Mitch

Mitch YTB

Iridescent is such an amazing song.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.