A Thousand Suns Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

The album, or Blackbirds?

Cause if you speak of the album, I have serious searching to do..

2. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

What is Mike exactly saying in "Jornada Del Muerto"?

3. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Its Japanese, I believe someone said it translated directly to "Lift Me Up, Let Me Go"

4. maclieberman

oh ok cool

And wasnt the voice in "The Requiem" supposed to be Mike's?

5. Jeff

Thats what we were told, yes :) it is creeeeppyy

6. Dev-Meister

Dev-Meister Member

The album. Wait i'll message you?

7. maclieberman

yeah it is creepy and i love that eerie effect.....but it sounds nothing like Mike lol

Edit: earlier i asked if anyone got lyrics for Blackout...no answer back about that...sooo which means NO ONE has them yet? lol

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  8. thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

lol at people thinking ATS is better then Hybrid Theory.

The Requiem- Did nothing for me. I just had a Super Mario vibe with that big ghost "boo'ing"

The Radiance-Digged it, good intro to Burning in the Skies

Burning in the Skies- LOVED IT. Finally a legit Chester/Mike duet.

Empty Spaces-Filler..

When They Come for Me- GREAT production. Mike's rapping was meh, im a hip hop head too Mike's mediocre at best. Too much name dropping, although I digged the Jay-Z reference with the "blueprint" being a "gift and a curse"[blueprint 2)

Robot Boy- Don't understand the hate for this song. I thought it was very mellowed out and cool, great performance by Chester.

Jornada Del Muerto- Best interlude on the album, but defiantly a skip on my ipod down the road..

Waiting For the End- This song had so much potential. Awesome chorus, Chester sung it beautifully, but the "lazy' melody and Mike's regga rapping made it sloppy.

Blackout- LAME track. Was that Chester or Gwen Stefani? Overproduced in the middle. The end was random. Sloppiest track on the album.

Wretches and Kings- AWESOME track. Felt like a fusion of Meteora/the new direction. This is what i expected on Minutes to Midnight when LP said they were going to experiment but not get rid of identity. Funny how it ends up on an album where it didn't fit with the other tracks.

Wisdom,Justice, and Love- Did nothing for me, a skipper few weeks from now

Iridescent- I was looking forward to this track. It has to grow on me, but first impression was nothing special.

Fallout- Meh

The Catalyst- When this song premiered, i wasn't blown away at all and thought it was a good track not great. After hearing a Thousand Suns it's a "GREAT" track now compared to the other material on this album

The Messenger- Out of place. Funny how it's a softer side, yet Chesters performance was the most aggressive in ways. I LOVE Chester's voice from HEAVY to very soft, but not a fan of what he did on the messenger.

Overall: 6/10. Over-produced and sloppy at times ( Blackout). Too many interludes. I'd rather have 12 full length tracks, then 9 tracks and 1 intro+5 interludes. Sure it connected the album and served as intros and transitions in between songs to make the album blend together, but it took away from the actual material i've been waiting for years now which is FULL LENGTH songs. Lastly, I didn't feel i went on a journey with this album, i just feel i was manipulated into thinking that due to interludes that were cleverly placed to make you think it's some kind of experience when in reality they were all unnecessary at times.

p.s. Did I miss something or were Brad, Phoenix, and Rob kicked out of the band? I feel like this album is too much Mike at times whether it be on the mic or in production, i heard his personality in most of these songs not LINKIN PARKs. Hard to explain, but the album felt like it was a Mike Shinoda project featuring Chester bennington "alternative electronic poppy side project" versus full length record by a band called Linkin Park. Im pretty disappointed, i know i set my expectations super high and after waiting 2-3 years checking these sites with the album finally here im just not blown away or impressed as i thought i would be. Nothing STOOD out on this album to me where I can say " damn thats the shit!"

9. Deven747

Deven747 New Member

yeah... i also got some major searching... *cough cough*

10. misery

misery Well-Known Member

The album, I just found it after reading this post as well :p Downloading as we speak, hopefully it's actually 320kbps and not just the 192kbps encoded as 320.

If it's still the 192 I'll let you guys know I guess haha.

EDIT:

Well the one I found is 320kbps but it's a bad rip and has static from the end of Iridescent on to the end, sigh.

11. iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

I have listen to the album 4 times through now and as much as I want to like it I really dont. Its not my style. To me it seems like its a reanimation of MTM. It seems to be all these songs could have been b-sides to MTM and the band just re did them. But thats just my opinion. I didnt like how there were so many sloppy beats thrown in and the sounds change so much in each song. I lost my interest in most songs half way through. Also the lyrics seemed very sloppy to me. Lots of Mikes I felt could have been better and lyrics like "The Messenger" sounded like a 13 year old wrote them. Im gonna listen to it one more time and try to post a review.

12. maclieberman

oh boy...there are indeed haters...haters gonna hate...never fails!

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I guess "real rock forums" are bashing the shit out of the CD. *insert eye rolling here*

P.S. Someone on another forum told me that, he compared the CD to Justin Bieber...

14. maclieberman

soooo Justin Bieber freestyles, screams, and says "motha fuckaa"? lmfao nahhh

15. Jeff

Yeah, its a real shame that some people can't recognize real genius when they hear it. All well, haters are gonna hate, and there is nothing we can do about it I guess :shrug:

16. iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

Im not hating. I said its just not my style. I mean i can understand why people like it. There were indeed beautiful moments that I thought was great but couldnt enjoy the sound

17. maclieberman

im not sayin JUST u but others in this forum sayin how this whole album is shit and some songs sound like a 13 year old..and how Chester cant scream..puuleez!

18. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'm gonna say that, to me, these post doesn't come across as overly rude or disrespectful so, you guys get kudos from me for that. :* From people who don't like this new album, that sh*t is rare. :)

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Yeah, true, it just sucks. I feel bad for them to be honest.

However...
    [​IMG]

20. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Guys who like the album, don't worry about the haters because it is their loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.