A Thousand Suns Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

i've to be early to stores on 14th sept...or ATS shelves wud be empty in no time...
    gr8 work LP..lovin d album...

2. Deven747

Deven747 New Member

Ok OK OK...

Firstly i'd like to begin by saying that i am a Linkin Park fan since Hybrid Theory days.
    I loved the first 2 records, and when Minutes to Midnight came, i was surprised, but still love it...
    Once i heard the 30 second snippets of each song, i was even more surprised than M2M, despite bracing myself for a more drastic change. To be honest, at the time i was pretty 'sad', not that LP had gone in this new direction, but just the fact that i miss the HT and Meteora days. After listening to the clips, i watched a bit of the Rock am Ring 2004 concert which made me miss those days even more!!

But once i listened to this record, in full length with my headphones on sitting in the sun, i was absolutely blown away! It was incredible! - maybe except for 'the messenger'. Im very happy with the record! I think its better than Minutes 2 Midnight, its soo new and different! - i still miss the old days, but that music will always still be there.... that was 10 years ago, time to move on...

LP are not dead, they are reborn!

3. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

It goes for beauty instead of energy, and it does so very successfully. Music doesn't just exist for fun. It's poetic. Just because you can't rock your head to it doesn't mean it's bad.

4. dereklp

dereklp :Not here:

Just picture a eagle flying through the mountains for Robot and you be ok

5. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

I could listen to it while plummeting to my death in an out of control jet plane and be at peace.

6. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

To add onto the Robot Boy subject, its nice to be able to sit back and relax to songs like those as well. That way your head is clear from all the chaos that comes with heavier music. I'm not saying thats a bad thing, I just find it balances it out in your head, and is almost therapeutic in a way.

7. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

For WJL and Iridescent, imagine just minutes away from the end of the world...and millions of people gathered up in Time Square with tears in their eyes as they watch MLK's speech. And then Linkin Park putting on one more encore with "Iridescent" straight after that. This is what I want if the world is about to end.

8. dereklp

I bet I could listen to it while you plummet to your death in an out of control jet plane and be at peace too.

9. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

LOL...so true. I do like the instrumental parts of Robot Boy. Just a little slow for my tastes. I'm sure it will grow on me though like every Linkin Park song does. Other than that and possibly the Messenger, I love the rest of the album. :)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  10. The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

Wow great album!! Listen to it all, but still gunna buy it sept 14th.. taking the day off work :) haha whoever doesn't buy and just listens to leak and you like wut u hear.. BUY it sept 14th!! or 15th? wait is it 15th for canada?? lolll i sound like a newb fack.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You know, I just remembered this...

I'm a tad disappointed "Blackbirds" is the bonus track for the CD, I think we should have gotten something else personally. I don't think "Blackbirds" fits with the rest of the CD, but maybe that's just me.

12. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I thought Robot Boy was one of the best ones...

13. Jeff

Its just an iTunes exclusive, so that fans who dont have 8 Bit Rebellion can hear the song and have an HQ copy of it, instead of the rip from the app.

14. dereklp

HQ copy will be nice.

15. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

The Best Buy exclusive CD has "The Catalyst fan remix" instead. Wish all of the versions had it seeing how I hate Worst Buy.

16. Necifix

Necifix Well-Known Member

I love how people were going "Eh... I don't really like Iridescent." When watching the preview clips, but, the full song, combined with the amazing Wisdom, Justice, And Love leading up to it, has been said to be peoples' favorite out of the entire album. I knew this was a killer song. I love it.

17. Jeff

Its a haunting combo that just works beautifully.

18. Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

im strtin the TFE for myself....

might die outta awesomeness....

19. Dev-Meister

Dev-Meister Member

Actually guys there is a 320kbps version, i just got it now.
    I overall thought the album was sensational. A real slap in the face for those who had started to doubt LP's tracks of late. They're touching new genres, and frankly, pulling it off in style.
    Watch out for:
    Waiting For The End
    When They Come For Me
    Blackout
    Wretches & Kings.
    When an album can have 4-5 potential #1 singles, its an epic WIN.

20. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Listening to the album right now. On Robot Boy. Was going to listen to it with my headfones but the left ear speaker decided to stop working. BAH. This album is definitely something you have to immerse yourself in to grasp the entirety of the sound. Guess I'll be forking out more cash on the 14th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.