A Thousand Suns Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

If I'm not mistaken, the order of the next singles are Waiting For The End and Iridescent.

2. dereklp

dereklp :Not here:

You mean your not psychic? nowai?!

3. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Iridescent would make one hell of a single, IMO

Mike's singing has gotten so beautiful, and it shows best on that song.

4. dereklp

Mike with a Bob Marley wig, please please please.

Get the guys from Cool Running to bobsled in the background and we have a vid!

5. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Have you ever listened to the Deftones?

Your question still stands because it's lacks foundation.

Dude you can hate the new stuff all you want, but to seriously ask why they needed to change what YOU liked?

Here's your answer...

BECAUSE THEY CAN.

Music is art and they are artist.

It's their's to do whatever they like with it.

Would I support the Deftones if they went "pop?"

If it sounded like honest music from them to me then yes.

6. RulezD00d

RulezD00d Member

After i listened to this album 5 times, i think i love every song , this could be my favorite LP album. Nice job Linkin Park :)

7. wolfboy

wolfboy Active Member

They sort of do if you count Team Sleep. Face it, if you want to keep listening to angry music, you're gonna have to find new bands every couple years because most musicians mellow out with age.

8. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I know exactly what you mean. It gives me tremendous chills.

9. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Meh. Not really.

You would never hear any Team Sleep songs on the radio and Chino is the only one from the Deftones on it.

10. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Oh AMEN TO THAT.

11. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

The thing is dude, sorry if this blows your mind but just as you're allowed to state your opinion... other people are allowed to disagree with you. Crazy, I know.

The irony is that you're probably as bad at taking differing viewpoints as anyone if your reaction to it all is "HURR SHUT UP UR JUST FANBOIZ".

Also, the stuff from the Fort Minor song was about them wanting to do what THEY want to do as much as anything. More irony. They evidently have more talent than what their previous work shows, unfortunately they don't seem to want to redo Hybrid Theory over and over.

Don't tell me you think this album sounds like Coldplay. Have you ever even listened to Coldplay? If you think ATS sounds like Coldplay that's really as good as admitting you haven't actually heard one or the other.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  12. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

the way wisdom, justice, and love is, and how at the end its just mlk's voice speaking with the effects, and how it goes into iridescent is bone chilling. its almost scary

13. Quiksand

Quiksand Member

Here is my take on the whole negative views on Linkin Park's new album. For all the people that keep saying they need to go back to hybrid theory, or tweak that 'nu-metal sound' a bit need to realize a few things.

First, put yourselves in the artists shoes. Would you make music, something you love dearly and work hard to make, for the fans (keeping in mind it might not make you enjoy the music you are making for them) or would you take the challenge (something Linkin Park enjoys) and create something completely new (but obviously still have the unique 'Linkin Park' feeling to it) that you enjoy making. I mean, making money is one thing, but they have already done that. They have set records and become an iconic band. Why on earth would they go back to the same music?

Come on people be real, you would make music for yourselves, not for your fans alone. That's not to say the fans don't matter because they do. But there wouldn't be fans without the band in the first place. We should all be thankful Linkin Park still makes music. So many things could have happened the past 10 years that could have voided that.

I guess IMHO the band can do whatever the hell they want. It's their music and as long as they are happy and enjoy making it then they should keep on doing it. Luckily, I've loved a great majority of their music. Even though my musical tastes have changed so much in the last 10 years, Linkin Park creates music so uniquely awesome that I still love it today.

I know the music they are making now won't be interesting for some people, but please, at least keep an open mind. Don't go into this album expecting a certain sound (especially HT). Just listen to it and take it in and try to enjoy the journey they are taking you through.

/rant

14. sonof0228

sonof0228 Member

Everybody that downloaded the album already, "ALL OF US" have to still buy the album LEGALLY to support the greatest band ever.!!! [09.14.10] Be ready to but A Thousand Suns, EVERYONE>!

15. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

Wisdom, Justice, and Love is my favorite part of the album when I listen to it front to back.

16. cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

LOL mike a rasta now, Ha orda !! Hopefully this will expand the reggae genre, good stuff out there.

17. dereklp

ugh, you just reminded me I paid 100 bucks for the deluxe already.

18. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I payed 150 dollars on it already ;)

19. spursrule

spursrule Well-Known Member

Best album by LP, but robot boy might be their worst song! Its got no energy whatsoever. :(

20. cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Robot boy is meant to be listened with the album, Nuff said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.