A Thousand Suns Clips

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

compare with given track times...
    The above given review of 5 songs is one wat was stated long ago...just after catalyst came out....as a listening by some warner fellow i think...

im sure there is a thread you'll find abt them in LPA news long ago....

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  2. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Actually it's been shown that in the beginning of the last decade, when nu-metal was at its height, the bands who played it really abhorred the label and intentionally tried to move away from it by changing their sound to hard rock or some other derivative genre. I'm not complaining about the new LP sound because it sounds like it has potential, but it would be nice to have someone these days writing and recording nu-metal. All of the nu-metal artists I listened to as a middle schooler (2001-2004) have since done away with that sound, and all the contemporary metal I've heard since 2004 has all but abandoned any elements reminiscent of nu-metal. It's as if bands, old and new alike, are afraid to incorporate anything into their music that sounds remotely related to nu-metal; the two pillars of contemporary metal appear to be either alt. metal that sounds like either Breaking Benjamin or Tool, or power and speed metal a la Rhapsody (OF FIRE!!!). I would at least like to hear someone put some of those nu-metal elements in, like rapping, screaming, or turntables.

3. Auroranexus

Auroranexus Catalyst

honestly i was really suprised that Linkin Park made many soft songs on this album.
    but im really glad they went this way because i personally love them at their softer' side most..
    haha, by far my favourite of all the 30 seconds snippet would be.

1. Waiting for the end
    2. The Messenger
    3. Burning in the skies.

4. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Limp Bizkit and Korn are still making more or less the same music that they were ten years ago. Try them.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  5. spursrule

spursrule Well-Known Member

Snippets are gone :(

Yes I tried to listen to them again!

6. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

haha wow, seems like I missed the snippets, but I promised myself I would NOT listen to them. so its all good lulz

But reading through the majority of this thread I'm excited to see that (well apart from the trolls here and there xD) the majority love what the've heard. I seriously can't wait!!!!!!

7. WheresMyFckngFrappuccino?

WheresMyFckngFrappuccino? I ordered a frappuccino.

That explains why I can't find them :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.