A Thousand Suns 6 Track Sampler Review

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

Good point, though it can be argued that's due to the lack of Promotion that Warner gave DBS

2. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Warner is a douche for not promoting DBS very well. It really pisses me off too, since i really enjoyed the DBS album minus a couple songs.

3. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Yeah....NO.

4. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I know for a fact that a HUGE amount of non-LP fans loved Fort Minor....according to Chester, his ideas were rejected because of the band not knowing what to do with them. It sucked more musically than lyrically

5. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I'm pumped!

6. Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

i quite agree..Out of Ashes is much better than many other album who've had times better promotion...Songs like 'Fire','Into you','End of the wrold'..are outstandin..

btw..the main review appears to be given by practical or a rather diplomatic person..

7. Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

this is going to be epic....im so pumped and excited for this...almost feels like back then waiting for meteora...*takes a look at the calendar: wow, its the 20th of July already* YIHA ;)

8. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm sorry, but that's just not true. I know a lot of people who hate LP, but enjoyed DBS because it's a different genre and easier to listen to. And sorry to say...some of the tracks on there were more risky/creative than LP had attempted before this album. Yes overall it wasn't a VERY solid effort, but the album and DBS certainly didn't "suck". There were some very good tracks on there..."Into You", "Walking In Circles", "Give Me Your Name", "Fire" and "In The Darkness" being a few.

9. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Yes, DBS was a very good album, even if i still think it should have come out before MTM to make more enthusiasm by LP fans. I heared some songs i always wanted to hear by Chester. A love song for example, by him, was unexpected and i digged it and still do.

But i am writing because i also think the eventually "rock" or "guitar driven" part won't be anything like that, simply because Brad's style is not the DBS guitarist style. They have completely different kind of guitars themselves too, which forces to play in different ways. I can't imagine, for example, Brad doing those little solos as in Out of Ashes, but something with more taste and more originality.
    Because is originality what LP is about since always, after all.

10. Derek

Yeah, even if the latter part is very "rock" it still wont sound a thing like DBS because, like you said Storm...Brad's guitar playing is a totally different style. Always has been. The only time DBS got close LP (in my opinion) was Into You. Otherwise, the guitar was way different.

11. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Alright....
    After reading this....
    I just cant wait anymore, i knew that they would make a album for the Hardcore fans this time!!! :D
    OMG... They have made the songs much more un radio friendly(Sounds epic) I really cant wait, i love everything about the album i heard so far.
    BTW Longer songs = Awesome album!
    Now i just cant wait to buy the album, and listen to it from the start to the end... a song that reminds of what Breaking the habit was for meteora!(My favourite)
    Believe me when i say this is going to be epic

12. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, DBS & Fort Minor are two separate things compared to LP. I can't see this album being anything like FM, DBS or what LP have done before.

13. LP/DBS/FMFreak8908

LP/DBS/FMFreak8908 Well-Known Member

I AM SO PUMPED FOR ATS AFTER READING THIS...THIS MAY BE LP's VERSION OF METALLICA's BLACK ALBUM..=] =]

14. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I think one thing that may have hurt DBS MIGHT have been the name of the band. Some may have heard the name and decided the album was too dark for them (which it was dark in a lot of songs). I personally didn't care and absolutely loved Crawl Back in and Let Down and I liked the rest of the songs with the exception of GMYN. Warners lack promotion was probably the biggest problem. /offtopic

LESS THAN 2 WEEKS FOR THE CATALYST! Am I making this up or did I see something that said LP would release the song on their myspace before Aug 2?

15. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Wow I didn't even realize that it's less than 2 weeks now! Holy Crap....Now I'm sorta freaking out...Thanks for reminding me!!! Anyhow, no...from all sources I've read they've said that the song will be released on itunes, myspace, and radio on Aug. 2

16. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Haha alright I think I did read it somewhere but the source must not have been legit. Thanks for clarifying!

17. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

No problem!

18. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

YES, if the rest of album is just half as epic i will explode!

19. stringsibanez

stringsibanez ...

Honestly, I used to think that I liked Linkin Park because they were a "Heavy" sounding band, - in the same vein as most of my listening catalog - and to be perfectly honest, I was predominantly disappointed with MTM.

Recently, however, I have realized that it wasn't so much the hard-rock/nu-metal thing that was missing.. (which is all the more accentuated by how much I love Fort Minor, and generally disliked Dead By Sunrise..) I think what really disappointed me with MTM was the lack of delivery on the "experimental" hype... Sure a good deal of that was, in fact, "hype", but I do feel like MTM came across a lot more mainstream-rock/typical radio than the band had intended.

As for my hopes/expectations for the new album & sound , I agree that going back to the original (HT/Meteora) sound would be a mistake - especially after the purposeful separation from the 'nu-metal' genre that the band made a point of stating in interviews and the like. (I get why they needed to make those craftily placed anti-numetal-ish comments to prep the fanbase / stay on course toward continued relevance, but I wish the comments had been less "we didn't car much for that style" and more "we feel we've moved on".. they kinda made the old albums less cool to my hindsight.. oh well.)

I do hope A Thousand Suns delivers..which, thus far, seems plausible. My interest is at least piqued - if I am yet to be full-board excited..

------

As a side-note: I've been dying to ask other LP fans if anyone else saw the candid similarity between DBS's "My Suffering" and Queens of the Stonage's "Little Sister". The tempos are different, but I found the chord progressions and song structures quite alike.

On a lesser note, I thought the verse vocals on DBS's "Condemned" reminded me a little bit of Nirvana's "Stay Away"...

Cheers All,
    -Steve

[/End of ridiculously long post]

20. Derek

Good post! Welcome to LPA! :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.