2010 Nashville Flood

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, May 8, 2010.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But you wouldn't even know Middle Tennessee has been hit this hard, because the media is focused on other things, like the oil spill and a car bomb in Time's Square. I know this is small potatoes compared to New Orleans, but as a Tennessean, it's so goddamn frustrating to see people just moving on with their lives like nothing has happened while many people here don't even have a home to go back to, and loved ones dead or missing. I never took into account my state's nickname, the Volunteer state, until now. It's very true. While most of America doesn't know about this flooding, many of us here are helping our neighbors, donating money, sheltering homeless families, etc.

I guess I'm more angry than anything else. You never stop and think and really, truly care about something like this until it hits close to home.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I've been following this closely since it happened. It makes me very sad considering Nashville (one of the places hit hard) is such an important place in American history. I hope people are alright. Maybe Music For Relief can do something for Tennessee.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

:( I'm saddened and I hate it when things like this happen.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Hoping the US government actually bothers to do something...

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Doubt it.. They're too busy helping other countries instead of their own.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Too bad they're already helping out. Why the fuck does everyone have to turn every thread into a political, government bashing haven? There's a time and place for that type of shit and this isn't it.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

George Bush does not care about Nashville.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

yeah this is terrible. I've driven through Nashville. such a beautiful place

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Wow. I saw it on drudge report and I'm terribly sorry to hear about this. I'm glad that Tennessee is pulling hard through this. It's upsetting that so little attention was brought to this.

It's good to hear that help came, and that the volunteer state really has put merit within it's nickname.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/93ng8mwpw9Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/93ng8mwpw9Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]