2 new lyrics(comments please)

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Red Union, Nov 22, 2007.

Red Union

Red Union Active Member

I am a writer of lyrics, and even if I wanted to stop I couldn't, so here a couple new lyrics, Change of Direction I went back to a more familer rhyming scheme, while End of It, I know somethings wrong I just can't pinpoint it right now, please give me some comments on them, and what you like and dislike.

Change of Opinions
    Something new learned today/waiting for everyone to say/what comes to their minds/before we leave them all behind/

He’s not a little punk/ he’s not a little creepy/proving everything you said was defunct/leaving you to lay there in your bunk/ all alone/ no place to call home/but in the end/ he offers a helping hand/

Seeing through the dust filled rooms/ through the choking fumes/ you see him/ and he sees you/ no time left to be confused/ no time left to be afraid/ in the depth of his eyes/ you see your own/ and in the shade he leads you back home/

Realizing he’ll never change/ you learn to manage/ and from his vantage/ you live in a cage/ but just like there can be no thunder/ without lightning/no blunder/ without trying/ there can be no him/ without you/ but in the end/ he offers a helping hand/

Seeing through the dust filled rooms/ through the choking fumes/ you see him/ and he sees you/ no time left to be confused/ no time left to be afraid/ in the depth of his eyes/ you see your own/ and in the shade he leads you back home/

Fight him/ bite him/ push him away/ until his image fades/ into the mist of memories/ where there can be no forgeries/ the sand like hands/ reaching back/ pulling you into the darkened waters/ afraid to call for help/ you begin to falter/ but in the end/ he offers a helping hand/

Seeing through the dust filled rooms/ through the hands of sand/ through the choking fumes/ you see him/ and he sees you/

End of It

Light shines through the cracks/ no more labor/ no more broken backs/ I’m here to be your savior/ those men look upon me/ as the devil/ but they should’ve seen/ that I was your rebel/

Chorus: Bullets flying through the air/ I’m risking everything/ something that few give away/ looked down upon/ I’m doing everything/ staying up late/ fight a system/that by fate/ has no rhythm/ with you and me/ trying to be the end of it/ the end of it all/

The forgotten masses/ living from day to day/ when people see them/ they try to get out of there the fastest/ when/ will people be there/ for them/ by then it will be to late/ were coming to tear down your walls/

Chorus: Bullets flying through the air/ I’m risking everything/ something that few give away/ looked down upon/ I’m doing everything/ staying up late/ fighting a system/that by fate/ has no rhythm/ with you and me/ trying to be the end of it/ the end of it all/

Hungry/ wishing just for a crumb/ people looking down on you/ like you’re a bum/ hey it’s not your fault/ it’s there fault/ for not caring enough to help you/ not daring enough to be cool/ forget them/ it’s time for a break in/

Chorus: Bullets flying through the air/ I’m risking everything/ something that few give away/ looked down upon/ I’m doing everything/ staying up late/ fight a system/that by fate/ has no rhythm/ with you and me/ trying to be the end of it/ the end of it all/​

Radish

Radish Guest

Pretty good.

There were great moments, and not so great moments. Sometimes stuff didn't make sense to me. At many points I lost the rhythm of the song.

Pretty good wording though. :)

Red Union

Red Union Active Member

Thank you, I write my lyrics to a certain tune and rhythm, so thats why people can get lost at times, me and few others are trying to get the sound to the words, but we just havn't had the time to do it, once we do I'll try and let you know where you can hear it, for now thank you for your opinion and i'll try to improve upon these to help them to be easier to follow.

Radish

Radish Guest

Awesome. :), good stuff.