LPA Monthly Mix-Up April 2015: Polka / G-Funk (Remixer's Choice)

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 26, 2015.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/081411-161806_lpamixup_stamp.png[/thumb]

What Is the LPA Monthly Mix-Up?
    LPA Monthly Mix-Up is an ambitious concept intended to showcase the massive amount of musical talent currently unheard among the Linkin Park fan community. Every month, we will be challenging fans to compete and show off their musical skills, using any and all tools available to them to create their entry. At the conclusion of each competition period, our staff will then go through each entry submitted, and pick our absolute favorite to be featured on the site as the "Winner Of The Month". To promote fairness, runner ups will also be shown, but only one lucky Linkin Park fan will walk away with the honor of being featured as the "Monthly Winner". Now that we have that out of the way view this month's theme below.

Our official theme for the month of April 2015 is:

POLKA - OR - G-FUNK HIPHOP

Some people thought we weren't serious. Some thought we'd never do it. But after over three years of remix competitions, it's time for: Linkin Polka. Since Polka music has many different styles and varieties, it's likely best to just refer to the official Wikipedia article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polka

GENRE SAMPLE:
    [video=youtube;2sr48PsVbS0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sr48PsVbS0[/video]

We also, are allowing remixers the choice of doing an alternate genre: G-Funk Hiphop. Made famous by Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, 2Pac, Geto Boys and the biggest thug of all time Brian Williams, G-Funk "incorporates multi-layered and melodic synthesizers, slow hypnotic grooves, a deep bass, background female vocals, the extensive sampling of P-Funk tunes, and a high-pitched portamento saw wave synthesizer lead." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-funk

GENRE SAMPLE:
    [video=youtube;6BgaLJvTtTI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BgaLJvTtTI[/video]

We will open this to DBS, Fort Minor, and even A Light That Never comes as well. Extra points for anyone who successfully combines the two genres.

Deadline is April 30th 2015 11:59 PM PST.

Good luck. Please note that since this is not a free-for-all month, mashups will not be allowed this round.

**PLEASE NOTE, THE PREVIOUS MONTH IS STILL ONGOING, AND WILL CONTINUE TILL March 31st 2015 11:59 PM PST. I AM SIMPLY POSTING NEXT MONTH EARLY, TO ALLOW ENTRANTS TO GET AN EARLY START**

OFFICIAL RULES

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

YES!

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Yes! :lol: This will prove to be an interesting month indeed. Good luck, remixers!

the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

I don't think I've ever been this excited about an MMU.

lukiaffe

lukiaffe Active Member

This has nothing to do with the competition but could you LPA explain why linkin park is uploading all their songs to their youtube channel?

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

No idea as to why they are doing that.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Damn, now I need a swett polka VST. Time to scour the internet.

LIFTMEUPLETMEGO

LIFTMEUPLETMEGO Member

Shoutout to whoevers idea it was to put Weird Al as the example of Polka. That guy is a comedic genius!

Derek

Marketing. The band gets many of their songs illegally uploaded to YouTube as it is, so by putting their entire discography up on YouTube it gets THEM hits (instead of those who uploaded the songs on their personal channel illegally) and allows them to advertise their records to those searching for the songs.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

YEeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

Now it's time to break out my harmonica! Finally a use for it. :|

Nahhh. It's staying exactly where it is. xD. Super excited though to hear members remixes. Polka G-Funk engage.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Should be interesting to listen to some of these lol

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Lol I wanna play GTA San Andreas all over again after I listened to that G Funk example vid :lol:

Neko Sensei

Neko Sensei Member

I was able to find A Light That Never comes rather easily.

However, when I searched for "Linkin Park DBS" and "Linkin Park Fort Minor" I did not see any songs with those names pop up. Pardon me if it is common new LP knowledge (I am a fan from the Hybrid Theory Days, stopped listening around the Jay-Z days, and heard some of the newers stuff recently and decided to come back :] )

Any chance to link to the original tracks or share the full name of the song if the above are not the song names?

TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

Fort Minor and Dead By Sunrise (DBS) are Mike and Chester's side projects, respectively.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Search Fort Minot The Rising Tied and Dead By Sunrise Out of Ashes in YouTube/iTunes/Google Play/Spotify etc. That should bring up their full albums. So far, those are the only albums those two side projects have made, but there has been recent speculation that a new Fort Minor album is in the making. I recommend sticking around here to see if more information on that comes up.

Captain-EO likes this.
    Derek

Just wanna remind people that this wasn't an April Fools Day joke. This is a real theme month. :p

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Cant wait :popcorn:

Captain-EO likes this.
    Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

No one? If I submit a track, and no one else does do I win by default even if it's horrible and not really polka or g-funk? :leo:

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

If I still had my fucking laptop I'd attempt this.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I had this ambitious idea to make a polka WTCFM, but ambitious projects always die quickly so fuck it. I'm hoping someone makes a polka track.