Masturbation a Sin?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by LornVourkolakas, Jan 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

I admit I don't read the bible nor know much of it. But I've heard that because of a certain story in the bible, people consider masturbation a sin. The bible never mentions the word masturbation or implies anything of the nature and yet people say that in it says masturbation is a sin. The story that I've heard (I was chatting with several religious people long ago) was one of a man who was ordered by God to pregnant a woman. But instead the man "dropped his seed". Thus, he was punished by God. The thing that people fail to see is that whether he masturbated or not isn't the issue. He was punished because he disobeyed God.

So, I don't see masturbation as a sin. In fact, I agree with a certain article that I've read. (http://youthspecialties.com/articles/topics/sexuality/masturbation.php) And I qoute: "Within those boundaries, masturbation could (and I believe, should) be seen as a healthy way of relieving the sexual tension that builds up in teenagers." I, too, see it in this way. Look at it this way: Would you rather know someone masturbates or would you rather them rape someone? Another qoute from this article:
    "How much false guilt could we alleviate, how many dangerous sexual encounters would be foregone, how much distress could we avoid, if we were simply open and honest with our children about how best to handle their emerging sexuality? We must give them straightforward options and solutions to deal with their changing bodies and their changing minds. "

So to end my rambling. I believe that masturbation isn't a sin. It's a way to relieve yourself of a urge. In a way that doesn't hurt others. I don't know how that could be considered a sin.

What are your thoughts on this?

It's not a sin. Why should it be? It's not morally wrong and doesn't violate anyone's rights. It's healthy, it doesn't hurt anyone and if more sexually tensed people would do that instead of going all the way to have sex, we'd have less teen pregnancies and rape cases. People who think masturbation is a sin lack just one thing: common sense. I guess they should stop reading the Bible so much and go pick up a biology book instead. (No offense about this statement, it's just that there's no need to see things in life from a narrow minded religious point of view.)

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

I thing Jerking off is good...

John.

John. i am corruption LPA Super Member

*straightens voice* Amen! :lol:

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

If masturbation is a sin, then I'm going straight to hell :lol:

LornVourkolakas

So much for seriousness.. :\

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I don't think there's much of a discussion 'cause you summed it up just fine. I doubt there will be many people here who disagree...

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

I don't think it is. To be serious, just for Lorn, I think that it shows that our instincts our healthy, at least our instinct to reproduce and that is key to the survival of the human race (duh!)

I think it would be a bit wierd for someone (a guy at least) to NOT masturbate.... :lol:

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

The church, the bible, and God, are all bullshit. The church doesn't support homosexuality from what I hear. In fact, they now check preists to see if they have AIDS or the like. If they do, they automatically assume he is gay. Hello! Men can get AIDs off women too!

I beleive masturbation is a good thing and a great way to releive stress or whatever. It's pleasuring on top of that. ;)

If masturbation was a sin, what the hell is this 'God' going to do about it anyway? Where has he/she/it been anyway. Showed up for a few thousand years and moved to Uranis or something.

What's the church going to do now, ban preists from masturbating. 2 years without sex or mastubation! Can you imagine that? I can bearly go a week!

To sum this all up, it's just one giant load of bullshit.

(I have nothing againts homosexuals as well.)

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

The longest I survived without it was 2 weeks... Couldn't resist anymore after... :lol:

LornVourkolakas

Thank for those who were serious. Yes, homosexuality is found to be a sin. Another reason for me not to be religious. The reason people think homosexuals are the only ones with aids is because anally, you have more chances of getting aids.

As for masturbation being a sin, I honestly think if it were, we'd be told by something greater than a priest or a pope.

I don't see how people who contradict themselves could consider themselves to be right. Why say you don't judge when you don't even open your arms to homosexuals or people who masturbate? If anything, the casting out of homosexuals/masturbators should be a sin.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

Amen.

If this 'God' created us, then why would he give us our sexual parts? So we can poke it/them for ##### and giggles? The church live off the stupidest things.

I appologize to anybody on the forums who may be religious in any way.

Steph

Steph Ambient

It's natural, it's healthy, and it's good..... ;)

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I honestly don't listen to the Bible. This is the book that says a man walked on water and skipped 18 years of his life.

Come on, we were taught when we were kids that magic doesn't exist..

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Religion is a cult.

Masturbation is healthy. I do it. I'm not ashamed to admit it.

LornVourkolakas

Well, Aaron.. We do use them for making babies... lol

Another thing is.. people say that Jesus wrote the bible. Whether this true or not.. the bible has been rewritten so many times, whose to say any of Jesus's words are left? Whose to say Jesus never masturbated himself? Who are we to say what God wants us to do or not do? We live in a society that considers those who say they met God crazy. So how do we know what God believes?

Steph

Steph Ambient

Well, Aaron.. We do use them for making babies... lol

Another thing is.. people say that Jesus wrote the bible. Whether this true or not.. the bible has been rewritten so many times, whose to say any of Jesus's words are left? Whose to say Jesus never masturbated himself? Who are we to say what God wants us to do or not do? We live in a society that considers those who say they met God crazy. So how do we know what God believes? [/b][/quote]
    also on a serious note....the gospels which were written after the bible supposidly, speaks differently on certain things...
    The is a gospel that the Vatican, will not accept ( by the way tests have been done on it and it IS the same age as th rest of them) totally contredicts everything said in the bible. I for one even in the respects for other religions will not accept that the bible was written by 'jesus'
    I think it was someone else who wrote it.
    But I do have respect towards other religions, except for when they make stupid religious laws about people who are gay, or lesbian, or for anyone who masturbates. Because you can't tell me that with their oath of celebacy, that they don't do it themselves (except for the ones who don't even follow 'their own rules' themselves.

LornVourkolakas

It's funny how priest judge us for something that doesn not harm others and yet they go out and cause harm to the young boys they molest..

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Some churches don't support it, and others do. You have to remember that there's more than just one denomenation, Aaron.

On his way. The only reason why he hasn't come yet is because he is giving us more time to change.

He didn't write of word of it, but most of the Bible is 'God-inspired', as a friend of mine puts it.

They all say the same thing, it just has different words being used in each one.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

the Catholics don't have a place in modern culture, imo.

They tell the catholics what to do, but yet, if you look back into history, the catholics were evil as they come. burning heretics and whatnot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.