"BURN IT DOWN" Released In Full On Linkin Park's Official Site | Available on iTunes

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallmarkymark

tallmarkymark Linkin Park. Circa Survive. My Morning Jacket.

The posted lyrics: "And you were caught at the turn" are wrong. I don't know if anyone corrected it to be "And you were there at the turn"

2. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

“With a lot of things on this record, we just got more comfortable, more so than in the last few years, dipping back into some of the stuff that we used to do in the earlier days of our career.”
    “I think there’s a lot of variety on the record. The songs on Living Things tend to be a bit shorter, kinda those firecracker, compact songs that people kind of imagine when they think of the band.”-Mike Shinoda commenting on LIVING THINGS

3. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Seriously?

Go on garage band and make a song that sounds half as good as this. Create a beat, melody, lyrics, everything. And make sure it has the same sonic layering and depth as BID.

Take as much time as you need.

When you are done, come post it on here and we can have a listen. We'll see how good you are. If its better I'll gladly eat my words. If not, it'll prove how much of an idiotic arrogant comment this was.

Come at me, bro. ;)

4. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

Still not digging it. That's ok though and the rest of the album is still to come yet. Imo this is the weakest single they've had but that's the recording company's decision and not the band. I guess after the shock The Catalyst was to LP fans, they picked a song that would be extremely listener friendly.

5. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Okay, I don't know if that guy can create a good song on Garage Band, but I have seen people create amazing songs on garage band, so if he knows how to use it well, it's entirely possible for him to create something better.

6. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

You'd have to seriously be a talented son of a bitch to recreate this beat in Garageband...and I mean "cut up samples/distort/pitch shift a bunch of shit" on Garageband.

7. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I'm not doubting that someone can make a good song with garage band. In fact, I'm sure people who know how to use it really well can make great songs with it.

My point is that LP as a band is extremely talented in a lot of different ways. It takes more than a couple of good tools and a synthesizer to make their albums, each song even, come to life. Some arrogant jerk on a message board can't create something better with garage band without even trying because he thinks otherwise. Why isnt he Out there selling millions of records then? That's ridiculous and insulting to every persons intelligence who read that comment.

On top of all that, you have to give credit to Chester for this song. Without his vocal delivery it would not be on the same level it currently is. He just absolutely nails it though. Good luck imitating him on garage band.....

8. NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

Quick question, for the people which have Burn It Down in iTunes....
    Do you have it labelled as 'Burn It Down' or 'BURN IT DOWN'?
    I know it may seem stupid, but these things bug me, I have to be at least 99% correct with my tunes :awesome:

9. tallmarkymark

tallmarkymark Linkin Park. Circa Survive. My Morning Jacket.

I have BURN IT DOWN too. And every other song is ALL CAPS too lol.

10. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Capital letters seems to be the way the band are stylizing their song-titles and album-title for this release.

11. NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

Thats pretty interesting but thanks for that! Time to change it to caps :p

12. Malvar

Malvar Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  13. Vic

Vic No game no life

Growing on me after each listen, the song is great, I love the "We're building it" after the second verse, sounds powerful.

14. RoyHahn

RoyHahn Well-Known Member

I am listening to this since its release. I have to admit that I really try to dig this. I like it, but it is not as mindblowing as the The Catalyst. I miss something like the "Lift me up, let me go." Part. I fucking love that part.
    Burn it down is good, yes, but as much as I want to love this song..

15. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

We built the hype up for this single like crazy, only to break it down after we've listened to it.

16. Yellow

Yellow Member

I have to say that having listened to the full song repeatedly, and more importantly, comparing it to the 90sec preview that was put together before its release - I'm slightly disappointed. It's not that I don't dig the song - but I felt like (though not the same composition as the real thing) the preview was more unique - the way it kicked off and built. It wasn't apparent at first, but I started to notice after a while. You'll have to dig it up too see what I mean. It's easy forgotten now that the whole thing is out. Google it, as it might not be on Youtube anymore.

Still. High hopes for the rest of the album. And the art is truly something.

17. This song isn't still growing on me. I remember listening to the catalyst on the radio and I was shocked (and little off), but I eventually listened to the full 6 min song and I was blown away.

18. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

The backing vocals are great. I still can't hear the clip. I hear the guitar, but not the guitar in the clip. This is what I mean by the guitar in the clip. It's nowhere to be found.

Also, by listening to this, I see that the song could've been made ten times better if it didn't have the electro beat throughout it, and Chester and Mike DID call-and-response over the verses. What a shame. Picture it, you'll see it's mind-blowing like that.

http://soundcloud.com/dj-hybrid-mixes/lp-samples-from-burn-it-down <---- At 0.12 here. I can't for the life of me hear this clip in BID. If it isn't there, I hope it's from another song.

19. Malvar

Malvar Well-Known Member

I dont get it, What clip are you talking about?
    Edit 1:
    I can hear that on the song, just give me a few listens and I'll say where it's played.
    Edit 2:
    I didn't found it, it could be buried in the mix, I don't know.

20. MrEthanator75

MrEthanator75 Banned

Well "bro" all i really wanted was a simple answer to my question whether its guitar being used in the chorus or not. Um yeah anyways u really dont take sarcasm well. I was saying that hopefully an actual instrument was being used instead of just a computer because using a computer to make the entire song is pussy shit. It really doesnt take anywhere near as much talent as using real instruments. I widh i had a mac so that i could use garage band though just so i could i could prove u the fuck wrong though cause even though i was being sarcastic, anyone really could make a song like that on garage band. In fact mike shinoda himself has lazily used garage band to make some fort minor beats

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.