All Time Low - Future Hearts - Apr 07, 2015

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Bawa, Feb 23, 2015.

Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

All Time Low - Future Hearts - LEAKED - Apr 07, 2015

All Time Low's new album FUTURE HEARTS is set to debut on April 07, 2015
    [​IMG]

First Single - Something's Gotta Give
    [video=youtube;sYeM0nFWcqE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYeM0nFWcqE[/video]

1. "Satellite" 2:24
    2. "Kicking & Screaming" 3:26
    3. "Something's Gotta Give" 3:09
    4. "Kids in the Dark" 3:36
    5. "Runaways" 3:34
    6. "Missing You" 4:04
    7. "Cinderblock Garden" 3:35
    8. "Tidal Waves" (featuring Mark Hoppus of Blink-182) 4:09
    9. "Don't You Go" 3:05
    10. "Bail Me Out" (featuring Joel Madden of Good Charlotte) 3:32
    11. "Dancing with a Wolf" 3:39
    12. "The Edge of Tonight" 3:51
    13. "Old Scars / Future Hearts" 3:26

14. "Bottle and a Beat" (Deluxe Edition Bonus Track)
    15. "Your Bed" (Deluxe Edition Bonus Track)
    16. "Cinderblock Garden" (acoustic version) (Deluxe Edition Bonus Track)

14. "How The Story Ends" (Best Buy Edition Bonus Track)
    15. "Something's Gotta Give" (acoustic version) (Best Buy Edition Bonus Track)

The tween girl inside me is beyond excited for this. :3
    #JudgeMe​

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I am judging you.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Wow, All Time Low is still around? I thought they died :lol:
    Is that the same lead vocalist from when they recorded Dear Maria Count Me In?
    If so, his voice got deeper since I last heard em (7 years ago) and of course he looks old af now, which I suppose is a given.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

I love all time low too can't wait

Bawa

Oh, yeah, they've been pumping out material pretty consistently (not a whole lot has changed <,<). But yup, same vocalist, just age lol.

I secretly love it when you judge me, Filip <3 Or else I wouldn't be so edgy on here.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I fucking love All Time Low.
    Probably the best pop punk band out there - period.
    And they are so fun live(I actually kind of hated them before I saw them live.. so there is that)
    Don't Panic was a damn solid record but I honestly find the new single a bit generic, especially lyrically(I mean... "Pull me out of this sinking town" pretty much sums up every pop punk song ever made)
    But I do like the raw vocals in the chorus after the bridge.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    Bawa

Exactly my view on this, the single *seriously* doesn't impress me, at all, but I'm hopeful for the album, especially with that artwork (Which lead me to believe that maybe they were trying the "Mature" thing, before I heard the single).

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Don't Panic (and especially It's Longer Now) is the best pop rock record of the 10s so far. Well, that or EWBAITE.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Added to the artist discussion list as the go-to thread for anything All Time Low.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Never heard of these guys before, but I really liked this, suprisingly. It seems like they're a slightly better All-American Rejects.

Bawa

Gibs...? Are you ok...?

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Really? You don't hate this band? That's so surprising :lol:

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I've just always had kind of a thing for pop-rock like this. :lol: Reminds me of stuff that came out in the late 2000s.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I'm a college freshman and yet there's a surprisingly large All Time Low fanbase in my batch. Never heard of them until they did "I Feel Like Dancing" to be honest.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I had respect for you. :cry:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Considering their two best albums came out in the late 2000s, you wouldn't be far off.

That said, I'm looking forward to this album, but I'm reserving judgment, obviously. I thought Don't Panic and Dirty Work were absolute garbage, and Nothing Personal had some real jams on it, but only half the album was tolerable. So Wrong, It's Right and The Party Scene are their best albums, when they weren't writing for the radio or to see how many underage girls they could take backstage with them after their shows. They feel more real and more like the band was emotionally involved in them. It also doesn't help that apparently Alex is the sole songwriter of the band, which surprised me when I found out; I'd have thought Jack would've been the primary songwriter, with Alex secondary and writing lyrics.

Ah, well. I hope Future Hearts is good, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I will never understand why people seem to prefer that album over their newer work. Nothing Personal was such a lazy record.
    Sure it had some succesful singles but the majority of the tracks sounded so generic and uninspired.
    Dirty Works atleast had the balls to go full POP, while still having some hard hitting tracks too like Heroes, Under A Paper Moon and Do You Want Me (Dead).

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    Bawa

I have to agree pretty hard on this point, honestly, Nothing Personal is probably my least favorite album released after So Wrong It's Right. You can argue that Don't Panic was less inspired, which I wouldn't disagree with, but I can't help but prefer it over Nothing Personal.

New song "Kids in The Dark" is being launched March 10th. 30-Second leaked preview here: http://tinyurl.com/nmhwj8t

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I missed these before. If you'll read the post I made, I said I only like about half of Nothing Personal; it's got some pretty good songs on it. But it's also the album where they stopped writing music because it was fun and instead started writing because they knew teenaged girls would buy anything they put out. And you can't even argue against that; it's pretty obvious. Their first two albums have actual musicianship and they sound like the band actually sat down and wrote the albums and actually put a lot of thought into them. Everything since then sounds like it was cowritten with Max Martin and almost all of it sounds like it was written for the radio.

(I stated elsewhere I don't have a problem with writing songs that end up being played on the radio, but to write a song specifically for the radio – to write an entire album of songs that could be played on the radio... well, that's either brilliant songwriting, or they literally wrote the music just to make money – and that's something I've got a problem with, because music should never be about the money, as far as I'm concerned.)

Anyway, Alex has an amazing voice; he always has. But ever since Nothing Personal, it's been more and more processed and he now sounds practically indistinguishable from all the other shitty pop-rock bands on the radio these days, as opposed to when they were actually pop punk and his voice stood out from all the other singers who just sounded like whiny douche bros.

(I was also shocked when I found out Alex is practically the sole songwriter for the band, except for when the band has cowriters who aren't even band members, which makes no goddamn fucking sense. Don't bring on cowriters who are just going to make you write shitty pop songs when you've got three other guys in the band who probably can write better than all of them. Which, now that I bring that up, makes me a little sad, because it's as if they don't even really care, and are just along for the ride because they get to be in a successful band, rather than actually writing music from their hearts.)

Of course, I'll freely admit that I hate it when favorite bands of mine change their sound and style. That's why I don't listen to Linkin Park or Bullet for My Valentine or All That Remains or Thirty Seconds to Mars anymore. I like a band for what they sound like, and when they change that, I can never get into it, and I've never gotten around that. But with All Time Low, it's always seemed different for me, like the band one day had a huge orgy backstage with underage girls and thought, "Fuck progressing as musicians, let's just write pop, these girls will eat it up and we'll get laid every night no matter what!"

But then again, I could just be becoming a bitter old man, and maybe I'm wrong about all of it. All I know is I've really disliked everything since Nothing Personal, and that's probably not going to change any time soon.