The 2012 LPA Awards

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Joe, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Welcome to the 2012 LPA Awards! Yes, it's that time of year again where we look back at the LPA and its community and vote on what or who we think deserves to be forever etched into history alongside previous winners of this prestigious event! This year is hosted by both Ree & I! We worked on everything together and she'll be posting the results thread! This year marks the ten year anniversary of the LPA and in celebration we've made the 2012 LPA Awards the biggest awards yet! You'll see a return of some classic categories alongside some brand new ones! Below you'll find a list of all 23 of this year's categories along with all the information you'll need to vote, so make sure you read the terms, conditions and rules on voting. Let's begin!

Voting Rules

- You need 50 posts to vote
    - You must vote in EVERY category
    - You cannot vote for yourself
    - Both "Most Attractive Male" & "Most Attractive Female" MUST be voted for
    - "Best Newbie" MUST have joined in 2012
    - Don't vote for banned members
    - PM your votes to either Ree or Joe by January 14th, 2013

-------

The 2012 LPA Awards Category List

[​IMG]

Favourite Member
    :

The LPA would not be the same if this member wasn't around. Which LPA member makes your time on here the most enjoyable? Vote for the most awesome user on the forums here. Not much more needs to be said for this standard LPA Awards category, just vote for your favourite member!

[​IMG]

Favourite Staff Member:

Which LPA Staff member stands out to you this year as putting the most into the website and community? This all-around awesome staff member is usually there to help you out and works tirelessly to engage with the community and keep the site running. Whether it's a newcomer, veteran or former staff member from 2012, vote for the member you think owned this role the best.

[​IMG]

Most Intelligent Member:

This member always knows their shit. Whether they're in Serious Chat laying the smackdown with fact after fact or in the LP threads arguing something pointless but sounding kinda smart whilst doing it, this is where your vote goes. Maybe this person doesn't post a lot but presents themselves the most intelligently when they do.

[​IMG]

Most Funniest Member:

Which member always makes you laugh out loud and comes out with the most funniest posts, responses and downright hilarious sentences on the LPA? Whether it's in the shoutbox or on the forums, here you'll be voting for that one member who makes you laugh the most. A classic category for the LPA Awards.

[​IMG]

Most Random Member:

I'm not sure what just happened or what that person said, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to ever smoke crack. This is how you should feel about the person you're going to vote for in this category. Which member always shows up, says the most crazy shit and leaves. Whatever you define as Most Random, vote for them here.

[​IMG]

Most Controversial Member:

Uh oh. Look out, guys! We've got a badass over here! Which member is always playing Devil's advocate and starting heated debates on the boards? Maybe this person just uses cold one-liners to put people in their place? Whatever you deem as the Most Controversial behaviour, put your vote here.

[​IMG]

Most Missed Member:

Sometimes we don't know what we've got until it's gone. No, that's not just LP lyrics, that also describes the members who don't come around the LPA as much as they used to. I wonder what that person is upto these days? Vote for your Most Missed Member of 2012 here. Come back! :kungfu:

[​IMG]

Most Attractive Male Member:

Yes, we're back in 2012 for Most Attractive Male Member. Which male LPA member gets your vote this year? You may have seen this person schmoozing the users in Post Your Picture with their ridiculously photogenic faces. If you don't swing this way, maybe you just think this dude would be an awesome wing-man on a night out.

*Must be voted for at all times whether male or female

[​IMG]

Most Attractive Female Member:

And of course, if we have the Most Attractive Male, we're also going to have the Most Attractive Female. Again, you've probably noticed her around and caught a glimpse at some of her images in the Post Your Picture thread. Whether it's her awesome personality or beautiful good looks, here you'll place your vote for Most Attractive Female 2012.

*Must be voted for at all times whether male or female

[​IMG]

Most Dedicated Member:

Tireless hours, hard work and dedication to the LPA and its community. Here you'll be voting for that member who always seems to be online and working to make this place better. Or maybe they're just always there to help you out with issues in any of the threads we have readily available. Most Dedicated Member 2012 vote goes here.

[​IMG]

Best Newbie:

A lot of new members have entered the LPA this year, but which member is the most awesomest? Maybe they're just a cool person or have brought the most to the website. Here you'll be voting for the best new member of 2012.

*Best Newbie MUST have joined the LPA in 2012

[​IMG]

LPA'er You Would Most Like To Meet
    :

Late night shoutbox conversations, back and forth posts in Random Chat, maybe you've even spoke to this person OUTSIDE of the LPA! I know, crazy right? Here you'll probably be voting for the person you've built up a friendship with, the person you know would be awesome to hang out with or maybe even the person you want to meet just so you can punch them in the face.

[​IMG]

Best Thread:

It wouldn't be the LPA Awards without going back to the boards and sourcing out your favourite thread of the year. It's been a big year for the LPA in 2012, we've had scavenger hunts, new albums, new singles and a thread about LP dreams... okay, maybe you'll just choose Random Thoughts again. Either way, get creative and vote for the thread you have enjoyed the most this year.

[​IMG]

Favourite LPA Smilie:

The hotly contested and often debated category for Favourite Smilie returns once again. A lot of new additions have been added to the official smilie list this year on the LPA, will it be an old favourite or a new entry in 2012? Let's see who takes it from previous winners :awesome: & :rastamike: this time.

[​IMG]

Favourite Unofficial Smilie:

We've all seen them. We've probably used them at some point. Which black market "uncoloned" smilie has caught your attention this year? A new category for 2012, here you can vote for that smilie the LPA staff deemed "not suitable" to be official, or maybe you have a smilie you'd like to see added to the site that you want to vote for? Either way, whether it's Joe eating a hot dog or a phallic shaped head, you can probably find these bootleg smilies being used in the shoutbox.

[​IMG]

Nicest Member:

Which member always manages to brighten up the boards with their warm and caring personality? There's a bunch of "nice" members on the LPA but who's always in a good mood and there to make the day not seem so shitty? Vote for the most caring, nice member here.

[​IMG]

Biggest WTF Thread:

Yeah, it's that time of year again where we look back at the great threads the LPA has had this year. However, with great threads comes the most disturbing, twisted, "what the fuck am I reading" threads too. Vote for the thread that sticks out to you as the biggest WTF thread this year.

[​IMG]

Best LPA Quote:

2012 has been a fun year with many memorable threads, posts and in return, quotes. Take a look in the Legendary Forum Posts thread for this one or vote for something that sticks out as your favourite post or one liner from the community this year. Try and include both the user and the quote when you submit your votes.

[​IMG]

Best Debater:

Got into a heated debate with an LPA member recently but still managed to not resort to name calling and flaming? Vote for the member here who always articulates their points without being a dick and actually makes sense. You've probably seen this person in Serious Chat or arguing to the death in the news threads about how Linkin Park haven't sold out. Also, I think Ree and I totally misread that title when we made that banner...

[​IMG]

Best Taste In Music:

Which LPA member shares similar interests in music to you? You've probably crossed paths in the Other Music forum whilst discussing your favourite artists. Vote for the person you think has the best taste in music here.

[​IMG]

Best Musician:

This is the person you'll most likely find in the Recording Studio forum or entering the LPA's monthly remix competition, or maybe you've just caught a couple of their links in the shoutbox. Vote for the member who you think puts out the best remixes, covers or performance videos here.

[​IMG]

Best Artist:

Which LPA member do you categorise as the best artist? Whether they're in the Artists Studio posting their work, creating graphics, lyrics videos or posting unofficial smilies & GIFs on the forums, there's plenty of contenders to take this award in 2012.

[​IMG]

Best Writer:

Whether it's well written lyrics and poetry in Writers Block or well written posts on the forums, the Best Writer award should go to the person you feel articulates themselves the best through the written word. Maybe this person has made the most improvement over the year you've been reading their posts and / or work.

-------​

So there you have it! All 23 categories for the 2012 LPA Awards! You all have two weeks to vote with the submissions closing on January 14th, 2013! Remember to vote in every category, read the rules at the top of this post and submit your PM with your votes to either Joe OR Ree! We'll both count our votes at the end and then Ree will post the results the week of the 14th. Thanks for reading! We look forward to receiving your votes, which you can send by copy and pasting the list below and adding your votes at the end. Then use the PM links at the end to submit them to either Ree or Joe. Good luck to all of you!

Favourite Member:
    Favourite Staff Member:
    Most Intelligent Member:
    Most Funniest Member:
    Most Random Member:
    Most Controversial Member:
    Most Missed Member:
    Most Attractive Male Member:
    Most Attractive Female Member:
    Most Dedicated Member:
    Best Newbie:
    LPA'er You Would Most Like To Meet:
    Best Thread:
    Favourite LPA Smilie:
    Favourite Unofficial Smilie:
    Nicest Member:
    Biggest WTF Thread:
    Best LPA Quote:
    Best Debater:
    Best Taste In Music:
    Best Musician:
    Best Artist:
    Best Writer:

Joe | Ree

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

:lol: I thought this would never happen... :D

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Holy shit, the Nicest Member banner is the best! The winner has to make that their sig. No questions asked.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I thought only admins and such could create such a thread, but anyway this should be fun.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I've seen Non-Staff members create them in previous years. Joe and I worked on this together but it was easier for him to post it. :)

Hahaha, I love that one!

---

You all better vote or I'm handing out infractions! [​IMG]

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Ree, you've got my vote for most attractive male member. :moe:

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

We need a best afro or biggest queer award. Just so I can have something to win :p

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

^:lol:

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

The shoutbox isn't getting much love. If it's not too late, I propose a new category - Best Shoutbox Moment. I already have a winner in mind :lol:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Joe, you've gone above and beyond :lol:

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

This'll require some thought, actually, not it doesn't, I'll just vote Joe for everything.

Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

:ditto: with the Biggest Queer Award.
    rainbowawesomeface.png

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

That smilie is amazing!

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

I've voted!
    [​IMG]

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Joe for Most Attractive Female Member!

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Thanks guys! Keep the votes coming!

This thread is now a sticky thread.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

We need a "No Prize" award, so I can win... or have a chance at winning, or dream that I have a chance at winning or imagine a world where I can dream that I have a chance at winning.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I definitely think Joe has that one locked down for sure.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Isn't "Most Funniest Member" supposed to be "Funniest Member" or are you just emphasizing it? :shinado:

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Hyperbole is an amazingly awesome thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.