What do you think about Meteora

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Mar 21, 2012.

?

What do you think about Meteora?

1. It is the best Linkin Park album yet

12 vote(s)
    11.3%
  2. It's a great album

49 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. It's okay

31 vote(s)
    29.2%
  4. It's bad

9 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. It sucks

5 vote(s)
    4.7%
    lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I see what's going on in the interview thread so I made this poll.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

It's a great album but I wouldn't call it their best one. In fact, I wouldn't call any LP album the best one because every album (aside from HT and Meteora) are quite different. But that doesn't change the fact that Meteora is awesome!

alexbism

alexbism Well-Known Member

My favorite LP album for the moment .

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

what exactly is the difference between "it's bad" and "it sucks"?

I'll go ahead and say it's bad. If "suck" is the lowest of low, it's not that bad. It's a pop album. It's full of rock radio hits.

The band has said, multiple times, that Meteora turned out the way it did because the band sort of bent to label and fan pressure to recreate the success of Hybrid Theory.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
    lime treacle

yeah it is the lowest of low. sorry if that was unclear.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I think it was a great album. I don't listen to it as much anymore, but, I still love it. I can't justify an honest answer by saying what album or song or anythink Linkin Park has done as being "better" or "worst." I love all of their work.

Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

i like it more tha nHt cos i heard meteora first andthought it to be there 1st album.. and thought Ht was the 2nd and was nothing new in musical style( i was such a noob).:trollface:

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I think it's great strictly within it's own merits. When I'm working out or running, nothing pumps me up more than throwing on some Meteora tunes. They are simply loud, aggressive, and in your face. For what it does, Meteora is an awesome nu-metal album. For my own specific tastes outside of those moments of physical activity when I'm just chilling out and listening to music, I much prefer MtM and ATS.

My biggest issue with it now is that I've outgrown the lyrics. Quite frankly I find most of them downright embarrassing these days. When I'm hanging out with friends and playing music, I make sure to stay away from Meteora and focus more on the "intelligent" side of Linkin Park's music. However, on a live stage, I'd rather hear Don't Stay or From the Inside over the mellowness of Shadow of the Day or Burning in the Skies.

That said, Faint is still one of my favourite songs of all time, and I've grown to love Lying From You.

aryanblouria

aryanblouria Im the Youngest Member of the LPA

i think that the one vote at the bottom is Minus.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Basically a blander version of Hybrid Theory.

lime treacle

Me too. I don't normally vote on my own poll, but I'll go ahead this time and say it was great.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Like I said on the other thread, I think Meteora is a great album. I mean, I can agree with some people who say they probably didn't risk enough, but, in that moment, Linkin Park had only one album therefore there was only one reference to their sound, and now in 2012 we've seen MTM and ATS and we go like, Meteora wasn't as risky as the others, because we now know what LP is capable of creating.

I think Meteora shouldn't be ruled out or labelled as "LP's worst album" because there are songs in there which are really classic and emblematic to the band, and one of them to me represents an indicative of what was next to come (in terms of sound) and how strong their lyrics can be, which is Breaking the Habit, if you listen to it, you can't point your finger and say "there are the heavy guitars" because they're very subtle and are pretty much on the back seat.

Faint, Numb, From the Inside, yadda yadda, we know what those are, no need to dig deep on them, but to me they are timeless, classic LP songs.

If you ask me, I wouldn't have the gut to say X album is "LP's worst", I could try with "least great" (lol) but still wouldn't make a choice. Can't even pick a favorite! As every album stands on its own for me.

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

I went back to listen to Meteora after years of bashing it... And I skipped damn near every song, save for faint and breaking the habit. I'm glad my bashing was warranted. Compared to their other albums, it is just completely underwhelming.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Yes, I was the first to vote that it sucks. The bland lyrics, repetitive song structure, and complete rip-off of the debut album aside, it's just something I can't listen to.

Fuck the whole 'they're all different and unique' argument. It's human nature to rate things from best to worst. And honestly? If I was told to recommend LP albums to a completely new potential fan, I'd put Meteora last. Hell, if given the choice, I wouldn't make them listen to it. It'd be ATS and Reanimation first. Then Hybrid Theory and Minutes To Midnight. After that would be the EP, b-sides, and Collision Course probably. For context, maybe play Faint and Numb because they were on CC. Breaking The Habit just for the video.

In terms of music in general, it's not a HORRIBLE album. But it's by no means a good album. In the standards of other LP albums, it sucks horribly. So to clarify: if I were to judge it as a stand-alone album, it's bad. If I were to judge it in comparison to LP's entire discography, it sucks.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to say that it sucks. I love Faint, From the Inside, and was drunk at a bar in Hollywood singing Numb, but it's the only LP album that I can't listen to as a whole without wanting to die

lime treacle

:rastamike:

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

It's OK at best.

IMO Numb was the most god awful single they ever created.

Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

:WTF:

lpfanhun

lpfanhun Banned

This!
    I really liked this song but now, whenever I hear it, I want to die.

JJEmpire64

JJEmpire64 Active Member

I voted that it was okay. As much as I love quite a few of the songs on it (Breaking The Habit, Numb, Session, and so on), it's easily my least favorite album. I don't know, it just doesn't hook me as much as the other albums do. I still listen to it a lot, but I find myself putting Meteora in just to listen to the songs I like, rather then putting the CD in to go through the whole thing like I would with MTM and ATS.