28.06.2011 - Arendal, Norway - Hove Festival

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Tomorrow Linkin Park will play Arendal, Norway as part of the Hove Festival, which takes place on the Island of Tromøy outside of Arendal and is the largest festival in Norway. This will be the first time ever that Linkin Park have played the country too. The band were originally scheduled to play Norway last in 2003 with a show in Oslo at the Norwegian Wood Festival, but the band had to cancel due to Chester being ill, so this should be an awesome show for the Norwegian fans.

Linkin Park are just coming off a show in Imola, Italy where they played the Sonisphere Festival. They played a new variation of their set titled B_NO_ENCORE, which as the name suggests, is a straight run through of the setlist with no break. The set basically cuts out Burning In The Skies, Breaking The Habit and Fallout from the set they debuted in Stockholm, Sweden on June 14th, which in a rock festival environment isn't surprising, as removing the slower tracks will keep the audience engaged.

You can check out a small but interesting write-up of their presence at Sonisphere, Italy at RockAAA.com.

There are now five shows remaining on this leg of the tour and it would be no surprise to see the band continue rotating the sets they've been playing. The next four in fact are all festival dates, with only London, England at The Roundhouse being the exception on July 4th, which will be their most intimate venue of the tour and also the final date.

After this performance the band will head to Rotselaer, Belgium on June 30th to play Rock Werchter Festival, before moving onto France, Switzerland and England to finish up the final dates of the Summer Tour. You can check out all dates, information, images, video and even submit your own media from your YouTube account to get more views if you like via the LPA Tour Page.

Who's going to see Linkin Park in Norway at the Hove Festival? Any Norwegian fans seeing them for the first time? Let us know and discuss the tour on the LPA Forums!

Setlist:

01. The Requiem
    02. Papercut
    03. Lying From You
    04. Given Up
    05. What I've Done
    06. Empty Spaces
    07. When They Come For Me
    08. No More Sorrow
    09. Jornada Del Muerto
    10. Waiting For The End
    11. Wisdom, Justice And Love
    12. Iridescent
    13. Numb
    14. The Radiance
    15. Breaking The Habit
    16. The Catalyst
    17. Crawling
    18. New Divide
    19. In The End
    20. Bleed It Out
    21. Faint
    22. One Step Closer

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

You say somethin about 'Hove'? :awesome:

[​IMG]

--RS

thomas003

thomas003 Well-Known Member

3 days till Rock Werchter!:sweating:

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

[​IMG]

Someone say Norway? :awesome:

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

have fun in Norway guys :)

rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

ATS tour is soon ending, I hope they will rest and return to studio to record new album quick.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, well they're off until September so they'll have a couple of months to rest and I'm sure they'll be messing around writing in that time. I mean, Mike never stops so, haha.

gaganLP

gaganLP Where the Sun Sets Twice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.