Game of Thrones *SPOILER Discussion*

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Agent, Jun 17, 2011.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Just finished episode 9. Oh my God!

SPOILERS:

How could they kill off the lead character like that! I so hope that the death part is Ned having a nightmare in the dungeon!

Please use invisible tags for TV show spoilers! And please DO NOT DISCUSS THE BOOKS HERE!

Let the discussions roll out!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
    iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Yeah that was fucking crazy, can't wait for next weeks episode.

This series is like if The Sopranos took place in Middle Earth.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Is it ok that we talk only about the series now? If anyone wants to discuss the books they can make a new thread. It's easier to avoid spoilers from the books that way :)
    ---

I think Ned is dead, and that's why I fucking love this story :) It's a cruel world and good guys die all the time.

This definitely seems like one of the best TV shows in a long time in all aspects.

---

Agent

Spoilers:

It'd be extremely brave of the show if they actually decide to off Ned. But my heart says that what we saw was Ned having a nightmare. Also, remember that witch lady who was doing Bloodmagic to bring Khal Drogo back to life? Maybe she could do something.

I agree.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

SPOILERS!
    From what I've read, my only comment thus far is: Boromir can't die again!

It's premiering next month....on a channel I don't have. :(

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
    Agent

^ USE INVISIBLE TAGS FOR SPOILERS! Ugh.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Dun worry, it's kay noaw.

It's next month its premiering, not this month. Silly me. I'd still like to find a way to watch it so I can participate in this discussion.

El Muerto

Well it's not really the show being brave, but George R. R. Martin being brave for killing him off, the producers are just following the story, they can't make anything up on their own.

I'd be extremely disappointed in GRRM as a writer if he did the "it's only a dream".

And I don't think even that witch could attach his head back to his body :lol:

Agent

Spoilers:

^ Yes I know... I just credited the creator of the show as a shortcut lolz. The real credit def goes to the author of the book. But yeah, I really don't want them to kill off the main character in that fashion... painted as a traitor and whatnot. It just doesn't feel right to me.

Also, if decapitating all the horses in Winterfell is what it takes to bring Ned back then they should do that! :lol:

El Muerto

----

Well, I guess then that the question is whether he actually is the main character of the story.. Yeah, he was the most prominent in the first season, but I think that the real main characters might actually be his children :) We'll have to wait and see.. (unless I decide to read the books, who's gonna wait for next spring for S2 haha)

----

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

The way this show has progressed is incredible. Each episode is better than the previous one.

Spoilers: Yeah, Ned is definitely dead. Popular character or not, I think the fans would be even more pissed off if the writers used some hokey it-was-all-a-dream angle to justify bringing Ned back. Hopefully, there will be more focus on Jon Snow and Arya Stark now, as I think they're the most interesting characters.

Oh yeah: Joffrey is a twat. :p

Agent

Spoilers:

Oh well, we'll see soon. I like the bastard :)lol:) and Arya but they work well as side characters... I can't picture them as leads... at least not now. At this point I just can't imagine the story moving forward without Ned. Everything centers around him!

On another note... is it only me, or Tyrion Lannister (the Imp) is one of the most entertaining characters on the show? The guy playing him just dominates every single scene he is in. Part of it is the writing obviously, but he plays the character extremely well imo.

El Muerto

Totally agree, he stole the show. The character is great and the actor who plays him is just brilliant. Possibly the best actor on the entire show.

Agent

And he gets a lot of pussy. This is like an actor's dream job :lol:

Btw, check out these fan rendition of the aaaaamzing theme song. I've been humming the theme all day haha.

[video=youtube;GC-ZmlwBWKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC-ZmlwBWKM[/video]
    [video=youtube;cMj4yB6yk8A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMj4yB6yk8A[/video]
    [video=youtube;DRccdUkovts]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRccdUkovts[/video]

El Muerto

"Winter is coming and so am I."

:lol:

Agent

From GoT Facebook page:

It's Official. Production for Game of Thrones Season 2 is set to begin 7/25 in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

SEASON 2 IS COMING!

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'll check out this show soon. It seems to be getting great reviews, and Sean Bean is a total badass after what happened to him recently :lol:

Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

Okay, so i have no idea how to make invisible tags... xD So i'm just gonna wait to actually say stuff until i know how to... xD but yeah. This show is AWESOME! I've read first book (though it's only three in swedish, so i've read like book 1 and a bit of book 2 in english storywise xD). And it's getting closer to the end of that book, SO AWESOME!

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I definitely don't think it was a nightmare. One thing a friend of mine said with respect to the books is that "nobody is safe", so I'm pretty sure that settles the debate.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

*invisible**/invisible*

Replace asterisks with brackets, and you're set.

And I'm definitely thinking about diving into the books soon. That way I can be snobby when season two comes out: "This scene is nothing like the book!"