The Catalyst Radio Stats

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Billboard have posted an article on Linkin Park being the first band to enter The Rock Songs Chart at number one, as well as listing other accolades for their new single, The Catalyst.

"Linkin Park posts the first No. 1 debut in the 14-month history of the Rock Songs chart, as "The Catalyst" launches with 12.2 million audience impressions.

The cut eclipses the chart's previous highest-starting song, Pearl Jam's "The Fixer," which arrived at No. 2 a year ago this month.

Rock Songs premiered the week of June 20, 2009. The Nielsen BDS-based radio airplay survey measures the most-heard titles on more than 180 alternative, adult alternative and mainstream rock stations.

"The Catalyst" concurrently opens on the Alternative Songs chart at No. 3, marking the list's loftiest arrival since Linkin Park's own "What I've Done" bowed at No. 1 in April 2007.

The song, a portion of which accompanied the trailer for the video game "Medal of Honor," is already the most-played track at seven Rock Songs reporting stations, including alternative KROQ/Los Angeles, which spun the song 40 times in its first week of availability. The total is second only to the 45 out-of-the-box plays that WPBZ (Buzz 103.1)/West Palm Beach, Fla., gave the song in the chart's Aug. 2-8 tracking week."

Congratulations to Linkin Park on their airplay success with The Catalyst!

Source: Billboard

Vic

Vic No game no life

Not surprised, after a lot of listening to it, you can see that this song is awesome in every way, I know it's too soon, but this song is becoming in my fav LP song.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Not bad at all, especially considering the initial reaction from not-hardcore fans.

AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

Nice. I just posted to LP's twitter.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Haha, too bad Akira and Sprayinkpen (or whatever his name was) are gone :lol:.

Great job LP!

Scube

Scube Well-Known Member

Great :)

Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

I thought the majority of LP fans hated the song and it was going to be their worst charted single ever?! Well, of course not, congrats LP.

Kaleda519

Kaleda519 Well-Known Member

Excellent news! heard it quite a lot on Radio 1 in the UK too, not sure about the stats though :)

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

Well i'm glad to see an update, congrats Linkin Park. The Catalyst is becoming my favorite song by them too. Haha who would've guessed.

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

To be honest the song isn't even on the Top Rock Chart. While it may have debuted at number one, I scrolled through 3 pages to find them on Billboard's Rock Chart (currently), and they're not. That was the quickest slide to being off the chart I've ever seen. Unless I'm not understanding or missing something, the song fell off extremely quick.

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Billboard updates the charts on Thursdays, so It'll be up then.

deadbysunrise

deadbysunrise Well-Known Member

I'm proud.

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

Ah, alright. Love to see it there so hopefully :)

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

wow! =) What a big "suck it" to all the haters!! haha Im actually very surprised they made it due to the hate by many people but its Linkin Park..id cry if a song wasnt in atleast the top 10 since every song they put out is successful lol..Congrats and good job to them!! I see A Thousand Suns kickin ass on the charts as well. Thanks for postin this Joe..ive been wonderin about this for awhile actually.

A.06

A.06 Well-Known Member

Good job, Linkin Park. Can't wait for the album, no doubt it'll literally rock!

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I laugh that they call this "Rock". If anything it's alternative IMO. Congrats LP! The song isn't doing the best on itunes but at least it's getting lots of radio plays!

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'm surprised by this. Because I live in a big city and I only heard the Catalyst on the radio once, a day after the premiere. Not as much as a peep from LP after that.

Lp_Sigou

Lp_Sigou Member

God Bless Lp!! I'm really proud of them!! Suck it trolls!!!!!!! :) :)

lp_mohd

lp_mohd Banned

I'M actually very VERY VERY surprised

Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

Just because it doesn't sound like a normal Rock song, doesn't mean it cannot be considered Rock, for me it's clearly Electro Rock, but as you said Alternative makes sense too. Take Radiohead's "Kid A" for example, and that's still considered a Rock album despite its unconventional sound. Besides, the song has been played by Rock stations.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.