Random Thoughts 16

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Todd, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janie Jones

Janie Jones Meghna is a Headcase

I think they wanted a change from the cold open - house disses someone - they convince house to see a patient - random cuddy/ clinic conflict - they get it wrong - they get it wrong - patient's going to die - random wilson insert - house realizes the patient won't die - house gtets a brilliant idea to cure the patient - emotional/ personality revealing ending for House pattern.

2. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

But I loved that pattern. :lol:

3. Janie Jones

Exactly. That ends up with me having extremely wierd tastes in everything, though. Everyone here will be talkig about Friend's reruns or Bones or American Idol, and I'd be like, 'Did anyone catch that totally amazing obscure Spanish movie on WM that even the Spanish have probably not heard about?'

4. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Korean films are the best.

5. Janie Jones

Argentinian.

6. Dean

KOREAN. :p

7. Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Oldboy + Lady Vengeance = Win

8. Dean

Oh yes, Save The Green Planet is a good one as well.

9. Iain

Iain i am a sloth LPA Super Member

I don't really even watch that much TV anymore. What I do watch, I mainly watch when everyone's doing something else, so that they don't get pissed off at my choice of programming. I used to watch really obscure independent films, but then the cable compnay got all weird, and started charging us extra, so we just went back to basic cable. But yeah, I have some incredibly bizarre tastes when it comes to movies and TV, because I have such a short attention span. Hell, even when it comes to books, I have weird tastes.

10. Friskey™

Aren't they remaking Lady Vengeance with Charlize Theron?

11. Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

O_O If they are...no. Just...no

12. Dean

Mike Patton solo is fucked up. Seriously.

13. Janie Jones

Oh, oh, I totally know where you're coming from, except noone gets annoyed with my program selection I have my TV. Doesn't stop me from going and bugging my parents to see it in their room, anyway XD.

I love Indie films. I try to be conventional with books, though. Till I've read most of the modern classics and great works of literature and all that jazz, anyway.

DEAN: Nuh uh.

14. Dean

Name a good Argentinian film and I'll watch it.

15. Friskey™

Mike Patton is just fucked up in general.

16. Iain

Iain i am a sloth LPA Super Member

Well, I haven't been to the bookstore in a while, and when I do, most of the time, I just pick up a magazine, because they don't have what I want. For that, I go to these little bookstores that you generally don't find a lot of mainstream books in. I don't do it to be different, I do it because there are so many books now that follow the same formula, that it gets annoying. I understand that there are only so many ways to write a story, but it does get tiresome. I think it was about 4 months ago that I picked up this one book, The 9 1/2 Lives Of Captain Bluebear. It was originally written in Germany, then translated to English. I loved the book, and when I went to Barnes and Noble to ask about it, they didn't know what I was talking about.

As for my television and movie preferences, the main reason that people get annoyed is that my house is very... what's the word... not puritanical. Just highly intolerant towards what I like. I like a lot of independent stuff, that's not from some big movie company, because the quality is often times better. It's not rushed. And, I still like watching Jackass. It never gets old. Plus, there's my love for skateboard movies, and no one in my house likes skateboarding. So you can see how that goes. :lol:

17. Janie Jones

Hmm. Cleoptra,it's light hearted, but good. Plata Quemada's one of the most recent ones I saw, loved it. And I have all the time in the world now, fling some Korean ones at me. The obsurer, the better XD.

18. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

[youtube]ONkXWTb-QzI[/youtube]

If I could listen to only one song for the rest of my life, it'd be this one. Man, I really reaaaally miss the old Pumpkins. :(

19. Janie Jones

It sounds so romantic, when you picture it in your head. This small, musty bookstore filled these old, forgotten, second hand books, all crumpled and smelling all musky. And they all have these exoticly strange, old refreshing plots, and just. Mmm. Too bad I'll never find one here.

Have you read The Shadow of the Wind? What you told me reminded me of that, I dunno. It's a lovely book.

I'm a huge fan of the colouring in films, and the lighting, and everything, and indie stuff always does seem to have this exotic, stark sort of colours and vivd lighting, I love them for that. And the dialogue, no clichés, so subtle and lovely.

I've never seen Jackass though.

20. Dean

Sorum
    Save The Green Planet!
    There's two good ones. There's this as well which I haven't seen yet but want to. As you can probably see they're all kind of grim, haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.