Your cell phone

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Will, Dec 5, 2006.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I think we had a thread like this some months ago (probably over the Summer) but I thought I'd bring it back since I'm getting a new phone.

Post up a picture of your phone and tell us a little about it. But try not to gloat if your phone is sweet.

[​IMG][​IMG]

This is my current phone. It's a piece of shit but takes punishment like a rude child. After a year and a half of wear and tear and beatings, it's finally met its match and has gone on to cell phone heaven.

The dumb part about it is that most of the phone was useless to me. It was a speakerphone and a Touch 2 Talk phone. And I never used either of those features the entire time I had the phone.

[​IMG][​IMG]

This is the phone I'm going to get to replace it. It's a sweet camera phone and looks awesome as all hell. I can't wait to get it. Another couple weeks and it's mine.

I'm going to have lots of fun with the camera part, and it generally is going to be incentive for me to actually take care of it.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

[​IMG]

This is my current phone. It is a T-Mobile Samsung t319. It's a wonderful phone, in my opinion.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

[​IMG]

My current phone is the Motorola V3 Silver Razr. Some say the Razr sucks, but I don't mind the phone.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

The only thing that irritates me about the Razr is that so many people have it. And they only want it 'cause it looks cool. I mean, sure, it does look cool. But I can barely hold the thing. I have to be so careful when someone lends me that phone.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Sorry, I have to gloat :D

Current: Sony w810i:
    [​IMG]
    In short, it kicks ass. Plays MP3s, takes a memory stick duo to upgrade the memory. The interface is awesome, call quality is excellent, 2 megapixel camera. The phone is small. My only complaint doesn't have to do with the phone, it has to do with the provider, Cingular who sucks major ass.

Coming in a couple weeks when my Cingular contract expires: Blackberry Pearl
    [​IMG]
    E-mail and internet from anywhere. Plus, I'll be on T-Mobile, who's awesome, so my phone will actually be useful!

BTW, The Razrs, or Motorolas for that matter suck. If yours does not suck, you're either lucky or you haven't owned a good phone at some point in your life :lol: I had a Motorola v551, which is basically the predecessor the RAZR, and it was the biggest piece of shit ever. The phone itself was sturdy, and took many long-distance falls onto concrete and still worked (well, it eventually broke after enough drops, hence the w810i). But the interface was the slowest, buggiest piece of crap I've ever seen. The firmware was just horrible. And from what I hear, the RAZR does not improve on the firmware, plus they're as fragile as glass, taking away the only good thing I can say about Motorola's phones.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

me ftw.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Sony W300i:
    [​IMG]

Got it just for the ability to play MP3's. Got a 1GB MemoryStick Micro add-on. It's got other features like a camera, but I don't care about them. :p

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

PAWNED.

5 years old, one huge crack across the screen, "Catharsis" scratched on the back, random scratches on the screen and "body", two dives in muddy water and still going.

I love my cell phone =D

Beca

Beca Plug in baby.

I used to love my phone, but now i hate it lol. It was this hugeee crack on the inside of the screen from when i was iceskating and i fell on it xD
    Its a sony ericsson k700i, i love sony ericssons :D
    [​IMG]

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

The more the cracks and scratches, the better the cell phone.

Thou shalt learn to be tr00.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]
    It's old but it has everything that I need

Disenchanted

Disenchanted The Black Parade is Dead! LPA Super Member

Sony Ericsson k300i:
    [​IMG]

I'm happy with it. It has basically everything I need, and more.

Darcy

Darcy LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

Bahaha. Look at all you and your fancy phones. Mine is simple. It makes calls and does text messages, and that's all I ever do with a phone.

I had my old one forever, but after it got run over by a car twice. The first time, it actually survived for the most part. I mean, there were a few black patches on the screen but nothing major. The second time it got run over, I could still make calls but I couldn't see the screen at all so I decided it was time for a replacement.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
    Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

I have a Nokia 6030 (with Cingular wireless - blegh). The phone itself serves me pretty well. Nice, long battery life and all. I don't use it for much other than the occasional long-distance call or emergency, but I still have to pay 25 dollars a month for my share of the plan.

I need a plan of my own. >_<

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

That's funny, because I basically have the upgrade of yours:

Sony w900i:
    [​IMG]

It's like yours but the portion with the keypad swivels out like so:

[​IMG]

Sounds about the same although my phone hasn't been released yet in the US.

Yay for being asian.

I was looking at the Hong Kong Sony Ericsson site and there's a w950i out, but I like the design of mine better. And mine does the swivel thing, which is cool.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
    Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

Franny and DryIce, I so want your phones.

Mine is so old. but i've dropped it countless times. it has a crack in the body, but it still works.

of course, I have killed 3 of them thus far. One drown in my pocket while I had to walk in the rain to work...that sucked. I was dripping wet at work and the AC was on so I was shivering the whole time.

it's nice and simple. Quite small. the smallest of everyone's phone that I have seen. I like that. Bulky things are no fun.

Anyway, here it is:
    [​IMG]

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Yeah, my phone wasn't released in the US when I bought it back in June either. I got it off eBay. Cingular just started carrying it like a month ago. I looked at the w900, but didn't think the swivel was worth the extra money

Ant

Ant Ambient

You know, I love my Sony Ericsson, but one thing pisses me off about my phone... the headphones it came with were messed up. The cord on the right earbud is two or three times as long as the one on the left. I think they switched the input plug and left headphone on me because the cord length on the input plug is as long as the cord length on the right earbud.