X-Men: Days of Future Past

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by The Joesen One, Oct 29, 2013.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

So the trailer is out now. X-Men: Days of Future Past is the seventh X-Men movie, directed by Bryan Singer, who directed and wrote the first two movies and produced First Class. The screenplay was written by Simon Kinberg, who co-wrote The Last Stand and First Class. Matthew Vaughn, the director of First Class, returns as a producer and story writer.

[video=youtube;pK2zYHWDZKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2zYHWDZKo[/video]

(UPDATE: Trailer 2 is out)
    [video=youtube;6acRHWnfZAE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6acRHWnfZAE[/video]

Cast
    Hugh Jackman - Logan / Wolverine
    James McAvoy and Patrick Stewart - Charles Xavier / Professor X
    Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender - Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto
    Jennifer Lawrence - Raven Darkholme / Mystique
    Halle Berry - Ororo Munroe / Storm
    Anna Paquin - Rogue (UPDATE: Rogue may or may not be in the movie.)
    Ellen Page - Kitty Pryde
    Peter Dinklage - Bolivar Trask
    Nicholas Hoult - Hank McCoy / Beast
    Shawn Ashmore - Bobby Drake / Iceman
    Daniel Cudmore - Peter Rasputin / Colossus
    Evan Peters - Pietro Maximoff / Quicksilver
    Lucas Till - Alex Summers / Havok
    Omar Sy - Bishop
    Josh Helman - William Stryker
    Fan Bingbing - Blink
    Booboo Stewart - James Proudstar / Warpath
    Adan Canto - Sunspot
    Evan Jonigkeit - Toad
    (unknown) - Ink

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Wow... I kind of have a feeling that no matter what happens in the "past" the "present day" is going to stay the same. That's my feeling.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The music reminds me a lot of "Time" from Inception:

[video=youtube;Z0kGAz6HYM8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0kGAz6HYM8[/video]

It sounds a bit different, though, so they either edited "Time".. or they totally ripped off Hans Zimmer :lol:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

That was awesome

The Joesen One

The second song is a Hans Zimmer theme from The Thin Red Line, and the first song is "Adagio in D Minor" from the Danny Boyle film Sunshine, which was released in 2009. That movie was pretty cool.

[video=youtube;NQXVzg2PiZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQXVzg2PiZw[/video]

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

This looks amazing. (Coming from the only guy on earth that enjoyed X3, the last stand!)

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

idk, thought the x men movies were good but than the wolverine movies were mediocre. Never saw First Class. We'll see I guess.

Maars

Maars Well-Known Member

I don't think I've seen all of the X-Men movies so I might do a little marathon before watching this.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

That's how most time travel theories work. If someone went back and killed your mom before you were born you wouldn't necessarily disappear, but there would be a separate timeline in which you didn't exist. If an asteroid was going to destory the earth and you went back in time to stop it, earth would still be destroyed, there would just be a separate earth timeline in which you succeeded.

It's the new Lux Aeterna

Best of the lot (including spin-offs) when it comes to plot and acting, second in action sequences only to X2: X-Men United. But not by much! Without Nightcrawler I would put First Class ahead in action. Overally it's the most satisfying X-Men movie yet.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Quite a good trailer. Looking forward to seeing more action beats though, once the FX are closer to being completed. Some Sentinel carnage is overdue in these movies.

Nope. Singer has already spoken about how he'll use this to "correct" some things that went astray in some of the other films. I'm pretty damn sure that'll include bringing Cyclops back by the end of the film.

I disagree. XFC is quite uneven, it's rushed production schedule really shows in places. While McAvoy and particularly Fassbender are very good, January Jones is awful. She shows all the personality and talent of a plank of wood. Totally flat, totally un-sexy. Several scenes with "the kids" are also poorly done, namely the scene where they give themselves, Charles & Erik "codenames". That was cringeworthy. As great as Fassbender was throughout, his last scene in full get up, "I prefer Magneto", was also cringeworthy. So was kid Erik's neverending "NEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIINNNN!!!" at the start. It's a miracle the film is as good as it is given it's production schedue, but that doesn't make it better than it is.

X2 is the superior film front to back. I think The Wolverine is also much better thought out and more consistent (albeit the tonal change in the 3rd act is jarring, it's doesn't hold it back too much), with a better supporting cast and Jackman's best performance in the role.

I'd place XFC after those, then X1. After that it's a laaaaaarge step down to the utterly mediocre X3 and then another large step down to the almost irredeemably awful X Origins: Wolverine (Schreiber is really the only good thing about it. Jackman is always watchable but the characterisation is totally off here. Rather than being a mean, grumpy badass anti-hero, he's a super-nice-guy.)

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Make 2 and a half hours for yourself and watch First Class. You can thank me later.

The Joesen One

To be honest, I also enjoyed X3. :p

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Guess I have to watch now lol

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The original OST used for this exact trailer was "Time" from Inception. It debuted during Comic-Con this year.

Singer is back in form. I am stoked. This will kill the competition.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

They used John Murphy's Adagio in D Minor & Hans Zimmer's Journey to the Line in the trailer (Not time). Hans Zimmer has a tendency to reuse ideas. He's still one of my favorite composers though.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    Snail

They used "Time" in the original version as I have already described lol. The original version was never released online officially. It was screened at Comic-Con however.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Ahh alright. Time would have been perfect though! They need to release that version! I wonder why they changed them up.

Snail

I also cannot wait to see Fan Bingbing in action ;_;

[​IMG]

The original Comic-Con version:

[youtube]71qthsx3g7g[/youtube]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    The Joesen One

Damn, James Marsden confirmed he's not gonna show up as Cyclops in this movie. :(

Snail

I'm still gonna go in there hoping. ;_;