Worms through internet connection?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by ...Lauren?, Jun 30, 2006.

...Lauren?

...Lauren? Sadist Sagittarius

Here's what happened:

First, I got a blue screen message on my laptop, and I've already determined that I need a new hard drive. I thought that I got a worm or a virus through an email or something I downloaded.
    Then, while waiting for the repairman to come install the new hard drive, I stole my younger sister's computer, set it up in my room, and hooked it up to the internet (we have a 2WIRE wireless system) and used it for a couple of hours, and when I turned it on the next morning, I got the same error message. Although, when I uninstalled the internet while in safe mode, I was able to fix her computer (possibly because her's hadn't been connected as long as mine had). I haven't visited any new websites recently, and none of the ones I visit cause problems on my school's computers, which use the same operating system (Windows XP).
    My computer is protected with Norton Antivirus.

Am I getting worms through my internet connection? If so, how do I fix this? If it isn't worms, what is it?

EDIT: I think I fixed the problem, but for some reason the computer isn't letting me delete this post. Grr...

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
    Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

You uninstalled 'the internet' while in safe mode? You mean you uninstalled IE? I'm confused. Try using this online scanner (http://housecall.trendmicro.com) and scan with Ad-Aware.