What Songs do you want LP to play on the new tour

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by The Candidate, Jul 25, 2010.

The Candidate

The Candidate Well-Known Member

With a new album, there will be a new setlist, that's sure.
    How do you want it to look like, which songs should be included on the setlist/ which songs should be played?
    I think LP will play between 4-6 new Songs.

I can imagine such a list:

Intro + New Divide
    In The End
    Forgotten

Interlude + The Catalyst
    Burning In The Skies
    And One
    Across The Line
    Blackbirds

Crawling
    Numb
    Figure 09
    Faint
    Hit The Floor

What I’ve Done
    Robot Boy
    The Radiance

Qwerty
    Bleed It Out (Extended Outro)
    Iridescent

Encore:
    Papercut
    Lying From You
    No More Sorrow

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Something I wish they would do is perform forgotten the original hybrid theory intrumental with the lyrics from Reanimation version, that would be awesome imo but I doubt they will ever play forgotten ever again.

As for what new songs they should play live: all of them lol

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Long time since they performed Runaway......

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Figure.09

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

If ATS sounds great, I would be OK with them playing the whole the thing as Chester proposed. My main wish is that they stay away from M2M. I love the album but I would much rather hear songs like Points of Authority/Lying From You than No more Sorrow/Leave Out All the Rest/Given Up.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Points of Authority with mike actually free styling would be cool

Bradyoactiv

Bradyoactiv The world is your Cloyster LPA VIP

I would prefer they play some non-album songs like Across The Line, Blackbirds, as well as some Hybrid Theory EP songs.

ChrisExtreme101

ChrisExtreme101 New Member

I will be very disappointed If they dont play some stuff from their first two albums. I think to play their entire new album out live would be a big mistake

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

First off let me say welcome to the LPA!

Ok now back to business. I'm sure they will play a few songs from their first albums, but i really hope they take out One Step Closer and Crawling. Those songs have gotten the most stale live, and Chester seems to strain his voice more on those songs than any other song they perform. With this said, I really hope that during this tour, LP will do a cover of Enjoy The Silence. Chester has the voice for it, and it would go perfectly with their set.

Benjamin

You're right. OSC and Crawling are getting stale. Haha I realized this more than ever when I watched Road to Revolution yesterday. But songs like Points of Authority and A Place For My Head still sound decent. All of Meteora sounds badass as well. They should replace OSC and Crawling with Forgotten and With You. They aren't as hard for Chester to do and they fucking rock. Screw popularity!

ChrisExtreme101

ChrisExtreme101 New Member

Hi Jay! Thanks

If its a mix of old and new i'll be happy! :D

Where abouts will you be watching the tour?

blePn -Yeah there are alot of other tracks which would sound amazing - Id quite like to hear 'Papercut', 'Bleed it out' and 'In the end' ;)

Roll on November for me :D

SamohtCela

SamohtCela The Only Thing That's Worse Than One is None

I like to see them play By Myself or Blackbirds.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

All the songs from ATS, Blackbirds, Across the Line. :D
    What a show.

shadowofthehabit92

shadowofthehabit92 Well-Known Member

I would love to see Papercut, With You, and Figure .09

Ginsy Osiris

Ginsy Osiris Member

I'd like to just see them live, screw what they play.

I wasn't a fan when they last came to Ireland.

Oh no...
    But LP rock :headbang:

(Anyone think that Easier to Run would be a really epic finish to a concert?)

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I'm to the point where I'd like to see them start phasing out playing the older songs live. In no way do they represent who they are as people anymore, and it's getting to the point where it doesn't even sound good when played live anymore. I think a big part of it is their persona on the stage, they're not young guys bouncing around with baggy clothes and cocky attitudes anymore. Couple that with the fact that Chester flat out can't sing some of the older songs (Lying From You, One Step Closer) nearly as well as he once did, and it just makes for some mediocre performances. I think a big part of it is the former though, as their passion lies with their new music, not the angsty lyrics of the old.

That said, there are still old classics that should never be let go:

-Papercut
    -In The End
    -Breaking The Habit

Those are the only three I would be really upset if they stopped playing live. There are some off of Minutes To Midnight that I think they should start putting more emphasis on too.

-Valentine's Day
    -In Pieces
    -No Roads Left (not too crazy an idea now that Mike's singing on the new album)

Chester's voice suits these newer songs much better than the older songs. I don't think his voice is getting worse, it's just that it's changing. Can you imagine Chester from Live in Texas or anything prior trying to sing The Little Things Give You Away, or What I've Done? It's a big change from what he used to sound like to what he sounds like now. While I do love how he used to sound live, the best thing the band could do to really increase the quality of their performances is focus on what's relevant to them and what they're able to do best, and that's not jumping around like angry teenagers screaming "shut up" anymore.

For me, assuming A Thousand Suns is a great album (and I have no doubt it will be), I think preforming it in its entirety would be amazing. They say that the new album is a journey, so taking us on it from beginning to end would be spectacular live. However, considering the new album is speculated to range from 45-50 minutes, that leaves plenty of time for older material as well (older material appropriate for their shows nowadays, anyways). This is an idea of what I'd like to see as a set list for their upcoming tour:

-New Divide
    -Breaking The Habit
    -Bleed It Out
    -What I've Done
    -In The End
    -A Thousand Suns: The Full Experience

This would essentially be a 67 minute show, which I believe is relatively reasonable. Throw in intermissions and such and you've probably got about an hour and a half show. The songs from previous albums I listed are what I think would be the most likely to be played, but as much as I love Papercut I doubt they'll keep playing that on this tour. I would like to see them play their older songs first, because I would want to end with the A Thousand Suns set. I can't even imagine how epic it would be to close a show with The Catalyst. The possibilities of what they could do with that live are literally endless.

So yeah, that's my speculation.

Benjamin

Good post Blackout! However, I still think there are older songs that would still sound great (such as With You and Forgotten as mentioned in my last post). But, as you said with papercut, it's unlikely they'll play them. If A Thousand Suns is a great album, we will hardly care what else they play. At least I won't.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I can't even remember when they last played Forgotten. lol I dunno, I'll always love their old songs (despite not wanting to see OSC or LFY live, I still love them) because that's what got me into them in the first place. I'm growing with them, however, so I'm excited to see this new music. I've seen all their songs preformed live whether it was in person or via online video, so I'm ready for a fresh look at LP.

The Candidate

The Candidate Well-Known Member

I like the List of Blackout, too.

one question...do you girls and boys think we can assume, that The Catalyst is the last full song on ATS,and The Messenger, is just some sort of an Outro/epilogue?

I like that idea, because The Catalyst has such a strong ending! Really intense.
    But i don't like to think that we know the Ending of the journey already.

My hope is, that The Messenger waits with a nice final turn/ Mindf**k :)

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

They need to play Carousel and Part of Me. Since they love to interact with their fans so much, they should hold a poll on LP.com or something with what fans wanna hear.