Wake Up Show

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by CinnamonSpider, May 10, 2003.

CinnamonSpider

CinnamonSpider Well-Known Member

Okay, i was looking at the older threads and one from Aug 9 2002 (which was around the time Mike Freestyled on the Wake up Show) had Mike's Lyrics to a freestyle.

Click Here To View The Thread

BoneThug never said where it was really from, though the last line of his freestyle, kinda gives you an idea that it was from the Wake Up Show
    Meanwhile, i just grip this mic at the wake up show doing it with Rakaa all night yo.

Now, does his Freestyle sound familiar to any of you? (particularly ppl in some sort of fan club :p ) If he indeed used this in his freestyle...he cheated!!! :lol:

Um, i dont know if this has been brought up by anyone. i didnt see anything, and if there was, i'm sorry. :D

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Everyone uses old lines in freestyles - it's not cheating.

Edit:
    If you practice flowin' a lot, things start stickin' to you and you can flow a lot easier and faster with more perfection.

CinnamonSpider

yes, many rappers recycle their lyrics but it's usually about 1 or 2 lines.
    he used a lot more than that, almost one whole verse :eek:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Yes, all Mike did was rap 'Dedicated'. Mike doesn't seem like the guy to be really good at freestyling, hes more of the sit down, actually put some thought into your lyrics kind of guy.

The second freestyle he did was actually a freestyle though. ;)

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

I just viewed the lyrics - whoa, that's a whole lot of recycling. Mike, you little cheater, tsk tsk. Second verse is great though.

CinnamonSpider

:lol: that's why i'm not hating, he said himself that he freestyled in highschool, but he was rusty. It's great that he puts thought into his lyrics, that's when songs turn out much more meaningful, i just wanted to show that he gave us a preview of dedicated before it was released :p

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

wow, I didn't know Mike did freestyles. I heard a clip of his freestyle but never thought he actually do it on a show.