Volunteer for Music For Relief & See Linkin Park Live for Free!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Music for Relief is looking for young adults to volunteer at our booth at upcoming Linkin Park concerts. Volunteers must arrive one hour before doors open to help set up, they will also help educate concert goers about MFR, collect donations, and distribute merchandise. Volunteers do not need a ticket and will get to watch Linkin Park's set, but will miss opening artists.

Check out the list of upcoming tour dates here and if you would like to volunteer email:

[email protected]

Your email you must include:

Name:
    Mobile phone number:
    City/Date of the show you would like to volunteer at:
    Why you would be a good volunteer (50 words or less):
    Can you get to the venue 1 hour before doors open on the day of the show:

Good luck to all who enter and be sure to do so asap, you'll be helping a great cause and getting a chance to see Linkin Park live!

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

sounds like a great opportunity since i don't care too much about opening acts. only thing i wanna know is whether i'd get good seats in the concert.....probably not.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

It's for young adults anyways haha.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I would love to do so, now how about them US tour dates so I can sign up.

nike724

nike724 Member

I'm going to volunteer for the london show! Hopefully I get some decent seats as I've never seen LP live before..

Joe

Sounds like a good opportunity to see the band if people missed out on getting tickets.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I would have to see who the opening bands are, to be honest.

Unless it means you get like uber-exclusive backstage passes or automatic entrance to the very front of the pit. :lol:

No but to be fair, it really would depend. I'm all for charity work, it's quite a passion of mine but it's in the air.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

This

Liefx

Liefx Member

There are no dates for Canada yet and don't know if there will be (better be). Do you guys think I should send an email applying for any Canadian shows now or just wait until later?

Joe

Wait until later. They may not even need volunteers for when they tour the US or Canada. Better off just waiting until the dates are announced.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Yup

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I wonder if this would clash with the Summit?

Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

Yiha, i just got the conformation E-Mail!!!

Hello Niklas,

Thank you for volunteering to help MFR at the Hamburg, Germany Linkin Park show on October 29, 2010. You are confirmed to volunteer and we are counting on you.

You must arrive at the venue at 16:30, an hour and a half prior to doors opening at 18:00. When you arrive, your first mission is to go to the main box office and look for the other MFR volunteers. Our lead volunteer, ****, will have a MFR sign so you will be able to find one another. If you can't find him, you can call or text him at ***********. He will also have your number. Once all the volunteers find one another and are gathered at the box office, **** (who is your MFR contact at the show) will come and find all of you and bring you into the venue and give you your passes.

Attached please find information about MFR and what you need to know about the activities at the booth. Please read the info attached and, if you can, print the document entitled VOLUNTEER INFO-MUSIC FOR RELIEF and bring it with you to the venue.

Feel free to email if you have any other questions and have a great time at the show!

Thanks,
    Amber

fuck yeah, im so damn excited!!! :)

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

^^ nice one!

Blackbirds

Blackbirds QWERTY

So, anyone who's done this able to provide more information? How was it? After working for MFR, how are you able to watch the band (seat or standing)?

...and is this available for the Australian tour?

ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

I did it 4 times (1x as a leader) and its just awesome. Ive always managed to get into the first 3 rows even if we got into the standing area 10mins before LP's set.

But you get an sweet guest badge and you can easily enter the first section-
    + it was fun to ask people to donate money, on one night (in cologne when I was the leader :p) we even made around 850€!

You'll get in earlier and you work until 15mins before LP's set (usually just after the M&G) and then you build down the booth and go and see LP :)

YES they are still seeking for volunteers in Australia. actually they searched for some in Israel and Dubai (but only one signed up) so there is no MFR booth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.