Troops To Be In Iraq Until 2008

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Mar 22, 2006.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I think, one day, in the future, we'll all collectively regret this decision.

I predict the next president (who is going to be a Republican, mark my words) will keep the troops there instead of creating an evacuation plan.

mathew51b

mathew51b Well-Known Member

yeh i heard this on the news this morning over here. i think that at the moment, they need to be there, but who knows whats gonna happen? being in there for what 3 more years is either gonna help significantly or be way bad for iraq. (and i feel it will do more bad than good)

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Without a doubt, Casey, you are right. The next president will most likely be a Republican. Why?

Let's see. Jeb Bush is running, and John McCain is running. Those are two big guys that will be running in the next election. Who's going to endorse them? No other than President George W. Bush. You might think, "The guy's an idiot." He's not. The guy's a great one-on-one speaker, and at times, a great public speaker. With an endorsement from George W. Bush, Jeb Bush and Senator McCain are sure to be top Republican candidates.

I think this is absolutely ridiculous. We need to start getting troops out now. Bit by bit. I'd prefer all troops to be out of Iraq by 2008.

If it's John McCain, the troops will probably be pulled out. I know he doesn't support the war like Bush does. He supports Bush (they're Republicans, what do you expect?) but I doubt he even thinks there is good in the war.

I don't think this is war anyway. This is more like suicide. That's just my opinion.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Last time I checked, Jeb said he wasn't running....do you have proof otherwise?

I hope McCain wins the republican primary...I wouldn't vote for him, but I wouldn't be upset if he won.

MorningGlory1985

MorningGlory1985 Member

If one thing comforts me it's the fact that George W. will always be remembered for this unpopular war. History judges leaders on how justified their decisions were. He will not go down as the triumphant anti-gay, anti-abortion, peace spreading savior that his neocon supporters believe he will. With 2/3 of the country against the handling of the war now he's made his destiny as one of the most incompotent men ever to hold that office, especially when later on our national security is threatened by nations such as North Korea, China, or Iran because our military still occupies Iraq.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Well, if Stephen Colbert is right (and he usually is), he has already congratulated Bill Frist on winning the 2008 presidential election.

I wonder what he would do?

obiwanws2

obiwanws2 Well-Known Member

i saw that prediciton too.....well he got all the major oscars that he predicited right.....
    who else might run for the democrats....

P.S. i say mcCain will probably win

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

McCain won't get the republican't nomination. He's socially moderate, not some christain right-wing anti-gay, anti-abortion, anti-everything else nutjob. Fiscally, he's conservative, but the republican'ts don't care about fiscal issues (look at all the money they've allowed Bush to spend), they just want someone in office who will help pass a constitutional amendment to ban everything the bible says is wrong.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

The Da Colbert Code never fails. :lol:

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

SHH! Nobody is supposed to know about it!

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
    MorningGlory1985

MorningGlory1985 Member

I sure do, and it goes down in a long line of stupid things our President has done.

Todd - You're absolutely right on McCain, the radical right wing wants to continue imposing their will and beliefs on our country and McCain won't do it for them. I'd never vote for him anyway, he actually has the 3rd most conservative voting record in Congress and did actually endorse the South Dakota ban on abortions (just to pander to the radical right though) he plays to whatever side he wants. I hope another moderate comes out for the GOP, otherwise we'll be stuck with more neo-con bullshit if the Democrats can't grow a spine by then and learn how to win elections.