Top 3 least anticipated LIVING THINGS tracks

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Qwerty19, May 23, 2012.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I was reading the thread about the 5 most ancipated tracks from Living Things, and I though I would start this one :lol: I'm just wondering what are the tracks from LT that you worries the more about, based on song descriptions we got so far...this is a quite pessimistisch thread, but oh well...:sweating:

Here are mine:

3)In My remains: I actually think the track will sound good. It just seems like this one could suffer from a lack of creativity, compred to other tracks

2)Powerless: it's a ballad, and it's placed after Until It Breaks which is a ballad too. I'm afraid that the end of the record will lack power, and that Powerless will be a boring closer.

1)I'll Be Gone: sounds like it could be a radio friendly power ballad, ala Leave Out All The Rest. I'm not a fan of those kind of tracks

Now, I will maybe end up loving those 3 tracks :)

Seanlp608

Seanlp608 Well-Known Member

I'm going to do two lists, the first one is based from when the tracklist was first released, and the second will be based off of all the song descriptions.

Least Anticipated(tracklist)

1. Victimized- In my mind there was just no way in the universe a song with this title could ever be good.
    2. Tinfoil- Because I thought it was going to be an instrumental and it was going to be the shortest song on the album.
    3. Lies Greed Misery- As soon as I read lies, I was instantaneously put off. I thought it was either going to be an instrumental that was opposite to Wisdom, Justice, and Love.

Least Anticipated(song descriptions)

1. In My Remains- I don't have an issue with militaristic lyrics, and actually I enjoy them quite a lot, however paring those lyrics with a generic snare roll drum beat just sounds so overused and cliche, I don't know if it will be dope, especially since it will be right after one of my MOST anticipated tracks, Lost In The Echo.
    2. Lies Greed Misery- This is my number 2 because If there is a dub step breakdown in this song, I fear it may lack longevity and may suffer from simply following a trend.
    3. Tinfoil- Because from what I heard from the live performance, it doesn't sound nearly as complex as some of the interludes from ATS.

Just so everyone knows, I am highly anticipating EVERYsong on the album, I think this thread is just for those with dark humor.

Qwerty19

Ahah, yes, I tough about it (dark humor) the minute after posting the thread.

I'm also anticipating every songs on the album. I was just curious about the songs that...people are the least excited about, even they're still excited about.

And also, it would be funny to see people realizing that their least anticipated track turned into their favorite one when the record is out!

Last edited: May 23, 2012
    Eventide

Eventide Banned

Top three least anticipated:

3) TINFOIL
    2) I'LL BE GONE
    1) VICTIMIZED

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Pretty much this, only in reverse. :lol:

David Vereker

David Vereker Banned

I'm excited for all of them except Victimized. I know I will hate that song. Heavy screamo is just annoying.

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

My only least anticipated track would be Victimized, but I'm curious as to whether they are able to make heavy song that's creative for once (save for Blackout). So I guess I'll just go with Tinfoil.

Qwerty19

It's funny how VICTIMIZED is at the same time the song people are the most looking for, and the song people are the most afraid of. Such a polarizing thing ahah

Personnaly, this is the song I'm the most excited for, but I still hope it will be creative. It would be disappointing if it just turn out to be a banal heavy rock song. Industrial elements would be welcome for example.

deadbysunrise

deadbysunrise Well-Known Member

My least anticipated track is BURN IT DOWN.

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Yeah. This. ^^

Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

I don't really have any! I just hope the songs turn out abit better than Burn It Down!

TheJenk

TheJenk Banned

Damn bro you can't hate BID that much lol

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

TINFOIL, cause I heard it, and was meh'd.
    BURN IT DOWN, cause we've heard it.
    UNTIL IT BREAKS, ballad, blegh.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I dunno, after hearing the first verse of UNTIL IT BREAKS over the intro to Waiting For The End, it's really hard to see where the track will be going, especially after comparing the various descriptions of the songs.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Until it breaks
    In my remains

nscoope

nscoope Well-Known Member

1) Lies Greed Misery (because we just heard it today and it sucks! Haha!)
    2) Burn It Down (we've already been hearing it for over a month)
    3) Tinfoil (already heard live version and it's the short instrumental)