The sims

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Nikki, Jun 23, 2003.

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

The sims is officially been named as Maxis' best-selling game ever. Millions of copies of the sims and their expansion packs have been sold...and with the announcement of yet another pack on the way...is anyone getting tired yet?

Ok so this game is really addictive (I can't stop making houses and killing everyone dammit :whistle: ) and it's a great way to kill time...but this is now the....uh... *counts* seventh or maybe even eigth game from the range...is maxis trying to steal us of our money or just trying to improve an already nearly perfect game..?

Vague I know but hell, it's something.

GrnEyedBeauty82

GrnEyedBeauty82 Well-Known Member

i'm addicted to the sims sooo bad. i used to have it for my pc but since i've moved and there's no room i play on my PS2. i wish i could have the expansion packs, hell i'd buy all the expansion packs. i think they're fun :teehee:

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

This game came with my computer. It's fun at first, then it becomes too much of a hassle.

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

this game is hilarious. ive watched my mom get addicted to this game...and my sister as well. i've never been able to get into it 'cuz ive had so much work this year ><

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Kat, The Sims isn't just Maxis' best-selling game of all-time; it is the best-selling game of all-time.

MentalMel911

MentalMel911 Banned

I played it for a while and got fun but then later it is just boring because I didn't have the whole pack and I couldn't go to other places. My brother said Sim City is better.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I think the fun of playing The Sims is... building a death trap house and watching your sim get taken away by death or trying to bargin with him to keep the person alive :).

I used to play The Sims: Online for awhile, then it came close to the end of the school year so the teachers slammed us with a lot of crap causing me to stop playing. Now I don't even play that anymore :argh:. Oh well, I still play the expansion pack ones (I have up to House Party :lol:). Buildin' 'n' Killin'--a way to have some real fun :).

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

The only part of The Sims I like is putting in the unlimited money code to build big ass houses that I would love to live in. Besides that I hate it.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I like to drown my sim characters. There used to be about 3 or 4 tombstones outside the swimming pool. :lol:

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

my sister made a house and built characters after all her friends. i wouldn't recommend this 'cuz when the sim that would be her boyfriend was in the hot tub and it caught on fire, she refused to save it, 'cuz death was on its way.

MentalMel911

MentalMel911 Banned

I remember a robber robbed my big screen TV one time. I called the police and they couldn't track him. They suck :angry:

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

I haven't played The Sims. I'm sure it's fun. I've played SimCity though. It's kinda boring...

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

I thought it was either Half-Life or Doom. :mellow:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I thought it was either Half-Life or Doom. :mellow: [/b][/quote]
    Nope. The Sims has sold over 30,000,000 units world-wide, and with each expansion pack that's even more, and they add the expansions onto that number, so it's like 70,000,000 units.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Nope. The Sims has sold over 30,000,000 units world-wide, and with each expansion pack that's even more, and they add the expansions onto that number, so it's like 70,000,000 units. [/b][/quote]

WOW!

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

Nope. The Sims has sold over 30,000,000 units world-wide, and with each expansion pack that's even more, and they add the expansions onto that number, so it's like 70,000,000 units. [/b][/quote]
    :blink:

Wow...That was something I didn't really expect..

I've just recently just got the hang of making my own objects for the game...I got bored with the basic stuff, so I'm downloading and moaking all my own objects, walls, floors and even rooves now...It's a great way to kill time ^_^

GrnEyedBeauty82

GrnEyedBeauty82 Well-Known Member

get burgular alarms - than the cops come, they give you money for whatever the robber stole and also a reward for capturing him.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

I burned my kitchen down twice...it's really funny.

Samantha

Samantha Super Member LPA Super Member

:lol: only twice?

I was playing it nonstop for about 2 months after I got it and my mother send me to Sims Anonymous... :blink:

...but now I´m ok anymore B)

MentalMel911

MentalMel911 Banned

I don't like their pizza service, they charge you $40.

Also I remember I got too tired chatting with this neighbor and trying to start an relationship and see what happens. When she got too tired, she fainted on the floor.

I also remember burning my garbage can and then I had to replace everything.. B)