The Official "With Teeth/NIN" Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Jan 31, 2005.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Can't wait until March 25th. Nine Inch Nails probably has one of the best Live shows ever.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

New picture of Trent's personal studio on the Current section of nin.com

There's alot of speculation to what this means, since the only update was that picture, and a tour date added.

Some people say it's to show that he's pissed about the leaks and his re-recording the album. I doubt this, but if it happen, I wouldn't be surprised. Trent's very obsessive compulsive about his music.

Others say it has something to do with the tracklisting for "The Hand That Feeds" single. If you look at it, it says "TBD". Alot of people assume this picture means he's recording b-sides before the tour kicks-off.

I, personally, think Trent just wants to fuck with our head and make us think something is going on.

Either that, or he too, like I did, thought the picture was really pretty. :whistle:

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

I really haven't been following.. what leaked?

$pvcxGhxztCasey

The Hand That Feeds & The Line Begins To Blur.

EDIT: THTF is a radio rip, while the other is either non-mastered, or the finished thing (I'm guessing finished).

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I'm thinking about putting it on my desktop.

I doubt he's pissed about the leak...at least not too much. I mean, what did he expect? Everything leaks.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

the songs needs to grow on me, but they're cool.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

I just figured out that "The Hand That Feeds" is about President Bush and his administration.

God, I am so fucking slow. :wth:

Whimsicality

Yes. :lol:

In slightly annoys me because I'm kind of sick of the whole "Let's write an anti-Bush song!" trend, but only really slightly because it's such an awesome song.

edit: Also, I'm not saying that Trent is following a trend or jumping the bandwagon. It's just becoming such a common topic, it's getting boring.

editedit: Also, like I said earlier in my post I don't care much because The Hand That Feeds is so wonderful.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

I'm actually tempted to say this song was written before Green Day and the like jumped on the band wagon, since NIN has been in the studio since 2000 basically.

But, I could be talking out of my ass. And I probably am.

Whimsicality

You're probably right, but it doesn't change the fact that I think it's a theme that needs to be put to rest. Yes, some good songs came out of it, but a lot of sucky ones did too, and it's just getting repetitive.

The thing that I like about The Hand That Feeds though, is that while it's not all that hard to figure out what it's about, it's not so specific that it will ever feel dated...it can still mean something fresh to people thirty years from now.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Let's focus on the more important part: that synth solo.

Whimsicality

Fantastic :D

Listening to it now, actually.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I can't get over how awesome these songs are. I'll be buying 'With Teeth' the first day.

Can't wait to get a studio version of "The Hand That Feeds".

$pvcxGhxztCasey

I don't even know if this has been mentioned, and it's old news really.

The Japanese release of "With Teeth" will have a 40 page booklet, and a DVD with "movies" and alternative versions of songs from the album.

Most likely this will be seen on the US and European releases too.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Seems like nobody knows where it came from. I think Trent leaked it. :chemist:

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Seems like nobody knows where it came from. I think Trent leaked it. :chemist: [/b][/quote]
    I thought about it for a while and honestly... I think he did too. People say it sounds unmastered but it definitely is. And it's funny how the song juuuuuust so happens to lead into the "teaser song" (Beside You In Time) at the end. People are saying "Oh that's just people having fun with cool edit" or playing it off because they can't believe it. I definitely think he may have purposely leaked it.

You must admit it has us all talking and fiending for the record even more. It's simple, rough and Grohl's drum work is crazy. My headphone jack messed up and it cut out frequencies to where it was just drums and Trent. Crazy drum pattern and Trent's voice sounds like they recorded it the same way they did Broken.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I thought about it for a while and honestly... I think he did too. People say it sounds unmastered but it definitely is. And it's funny how the song juuuuuust so happens to lead into the "teaser song" (Beside You In Time) at the end. People are saying "Oh that's just people having fun with cool edit" or playing it off because they can't believe it. I definitely think he may have purposely leaked it.

You must admit it has us all talking and fiending for the record even more. It's simple, rough and Grohl's drum work is crazy. My headphone jack messed up and it cut out frequencies to where it was just drums and Trent. Crazy drum pattern and Trent's voice sounds like they recorded it the same way they did Broken. [/b][/quote]
    Dave Grohl did drums for the album?!

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Dave Grohl did drums for the album?! [/b][/quote]
    Yep, I forget what band it was but they posted on their site that they saw Dave Grohl in the Studio with Trent.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

If this isn't Trent leaking it, and the rest of the album leaks a good 2-3 months before it's release, it's going to sell worse than "The Fragile" I'd imagine.

20. Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Dave Grohl did drums for the album?! [/b][/quote]
    I think I found the studio webcam pics with him.
    Here and Here