The Making of Minutes To Midnight

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Seanlp608, Mar 31, 2014.

Seanlp608

Seanlp608 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone! So I know this has been brought up in a lot of old threads, but I wanted to make this new one so that all information regarding this can be put in one area.

This thread concerns the concert film that was released to theaters prior to the release of MTM. People who saw it said that the in studio footage that was shown in between performances gave a lot more insight into each of the songs off of MTM. I didn't get to watch it when it was in theaters, and since LP never released it, I feel like I'm missing out on some of the story behind that album.

Anyways, if you guys remember any of the info from the film, I'd greatly appreciate if you posted it.

Thanks so much!

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

You know there's a DVD entitled "The Making of Minutes To Midnight", right?

I'd recommend starting there.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I remember reading once that the original scream in Given Up went on for about a minute, and that it was shown in that movie.

I could be totally wrong though.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

I want to see the making of hhh

Seanlp608

Haha yeah my bad I guess I didn't specify. I did see the official Making of DVD, but I just wanted to get some extra info on what was shown in that theater version.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I don't think many people here were able to actually watch the making of MTM in theaters. By reading and stuff we became aware that some parts that were shown there are not on the DVD, but I doubt many people remember with detail what was on the movie and not on the DVD.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Geki saw it, so asking him would be a good idea.

I think I remember that footage of the band and Rick Rubin partying (which ended up as the Bleed It Out intro) was shown, and maybe some recording of the Hands Held High chorus.

Zachary

Zachary Banned

I did see the Making Of MTM shown in theaters with the Webster Hall show back in 2007. It was very different than the Making Of MTM we got with the album. It showed a lot of different things, a lot of which I don't remember because it was a while ago. I will try to list everything I remember, but I know there was a lot more. It showed us the making of Bleed It Out and how they edited the party they had at the studio for the background, how they re-wrote the song a bunch of times, shit like that. They showed the party without the music behind it, which was cool. They showed the making of Given Up and the original scream that was much longer than the scream included on the album version of Given Up. Mike also explained how happy it made Chester that they were going to let him swear on a studio album, etc. Hearing the original scream was really cool. My favorite part was when they showed us the making of Hands Held High. Mike secretly played the chorus from each band member (since the album version chorus is all of them singing Amen at once) and said don't tell the other guys, etc. It was epic. They showed the making of What I've Done and how Mike went home from Laurel one night and basically created the song and how they ended up changing it into the album version, etc. They also showed a lot of other stuff, like the band messing around (some of the scenes were super funny) and I think they actually showed us footage from the Korn studio that they used from January of 2006 to the middle of 2006, that was epic. Basically, it was just much better than the version included with the DVD. It's a shame that they never gave us that version somewhere because it's probably just sitting on a harddrive somewhere and Mark Fiore could definitely upload it for us on LPU, etc. I mean what good is The Making Of MTM doing in 2014? I think a lot of LP fans that didn't get the chance to see it would definitely love it and probably appreciate how much work the band actually put into MTM. Maybe if someone high up in the LP community (Derek, Mark from LPL, etc) tried to contact Mark Fiore or Lorenzo/Adam about this, we might be able to get it. But I don't think there is much demand, sadly...

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I, for one, would be interested in seeing all that you've mentioned :rolleyes:

Zachary

Zachary Banned

Then let's try and get it released!

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I think LPL might have casually looked into it a while back, but there's no harm in trying. I'd pay a bit of money for it.

Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

I liked the one that we have right now, but the chance at another is too enticing, we must do something for it!

Seanlp608

Haha thanks guys! When I posted this thread and didn't get much feedback I thought I was tripping and that there was no interest! I really appreciate the info and I would definitely pay to view this too!

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I'd definitely pay for it as well. But getting it for free won't do me any harm lol :shinado:.

If we from the biggest fanbases came together and asked by "popular demand", I think it would make them at least consider it.. We should knock on the door at least.

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

yeah..dis really needs a release...mabye 10 year anniversary in 2017 (I couldn't wait that long though)