The band/artist you dislike

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by ahamLP, Jan 31, 2005.

ahamLP

ahamLP Well-Known Member

hi people, well every single person in this world has his own set of likes and dislikes to anything and everything, and this applies to music too .So I wanted you people to tell here who is that you dislike, any band/artist that you feel isnt really good,any genre of music which you dont like to listen to and do give a reason(atleast a small one) for your disliking.Well I personally dislike Britney Spears, and though some people may say that she has talent but then she seems to be more interested in showing her body than her singing(strictly this is my opinion).

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

I think this thread is just asking for trouble and is gonna break the rule of having respect for other peoples taste in music.

ahamLP

ahamLP Well-Known Member

I knew this will be the reply,sorry if anybody felt offended with this, but lets accept the truth there can be hardly anyone who can say he likes every band/artist,its jus not possible, and I do respect everybody's taste for music.If still some people find it offensive and breaking the rule,sorry I didnt mean to hurt anybody's feelings.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

As long as people give a reason for having their dislikes, no rules will be broken. As for me...

Kids in the Way and Hot Hot Heat - Both bands have one thing in common: their singers sound like dying cats, and because of that, I can't stand the vocals of either bands.

Good Charlotte - Where do I start? The lyrics are absolutely horrible, and the instrumentals aren't that good either. Teenie band, and trend follower.

Kutless - Ahh, Kutless. This band has been ripping off other bands right from the beginning, and the fact that Brandon Ebel is getting them 'help' with each album isn't helping, either. Lyrics, instrumentals, and guitar rhythyms are all reminiscent of Creed, albeit horrible copies. I refuse to buy anything from them until they start writing original material.

The entire mainstream rap genre - What's there not to like about it? All of the major artists we keep hearing about all have horrible lyrics. I find it suprising that it can be called 'art'.

I think that's all for now. I'll come back and edit this post later.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Thief! You stole the words right out of my mouth :D

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

coheed and cambria: i think they sound like garbage.. i understands its a different sound but i just dont like it.. the voices are so annoying to me.. im not disrespecting anyone who likes them.. i just dont get it.. someone needs to tell me why "they are good" or whatever..

but u guys shouldnt hate rap. cuz thats just bein hypocritical.. lp has a hip hop base to it whether you want to admit or not.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

My Chemical Romance is an awful band. I listened to Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge and liked it... but then I listened to it the next day and hated it. That didn't make sense to me, so I listened again... and still hated it. The lyrics are pretty bad (especially "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" - though that song is fun to sing), and the guitars all sound the same. Also, Gerard acts way too much like a girl. My friend Colin and I are plotting to hit him with a board either at Taste Of Chaos or Warped.

Good Charlotte is awful, too. They are the definition of "sell out 'punk.'" (Ooh, look at all the pretty quotes.) They have terrible lyrics and terrible instrumentation, and their image is worse than looking through a Hot Topic catalogue. They take the whole "punk" image way, way too seriously.

Simple Plan isn't as bad as Good Charlotte, but Pierre needs to stop whining. I can tolerate some of their songs (mostly because they're really fun to sing along to, in my opinion) but their instrumentation is pretty bad, as well.

Mainstream rap is awful, no matter what anybody says. Sure, they have some serious songs - but most of them are bullshit that no one cares about. I don't even know why they write verses to half these songs because they're all bullshit and only made to be danced to. Underground rap and hip-hop is much more serious and, therefore, better.

That's about all I can think of...

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

That's not hypocritical at all. LP is based off underground rap, not mainstream stuff. Mos Def needs to get his CD more promo.

Mainstream Rap - I love rap and hip-hop but I agree, 99% of the mainstream stuff is pure crap. The lyrics are going back to being mysoginistic without much depth. There are some gems out there like newcomer The Game and lyrical giants Mos Def and Talib Kweli. Lil' Jon used to be enjoyable until a day later I realized he wasn't going to change his beat formula... EVER. Mostly I see mainstream rap music as party music. Don't listen to the lyrics, just turn it up loud. Hell go get the instrumentals and get to the club. Rap definitely isn't in it's best days when it comes to messages. Only thing I get from it is "I'm from New York" and you better "Lean Back".

Maroon 5 - Personally not my lyrical style or vocal delivery. Falsetto is one thing I can't stand for a long time. I give them props for being catchy but they seem like the typical "Yeah we talk about girls" band and don't hold my attention musically or emotionally.

N.E.R.D. - They were originally for a while but most of their stuff is crap. They use the same Triton keyboard for everything and are pulling a Lil' Jon and milking their style for all it's worth. Pharell is not a good rapper and his wannabe-falsetto is painful. They still make a few gems but are definitely not the musically-hybrid juggernaut they used to be.

Pop Punk - Not very complicated or moving music. Simple lyrics. All of the songs start to sound the same. The CDs turn into one long song. My friend asked me to go to a concert with them headlining and I found myself jumping to the same riff half the time. They give a better show when they're not playing and are just bantering with the crowd.

Linkin Park - Yeah I said it. Linkin Park. I love what the band used to be but as of now.... I dislike them. Meteora was a let down to me. It was different musically but didn't live of to the hype Mike and LPTV put on it. Lyrical very shallow. I find myself listening to old Xero and EP songs because the message hits more me than the sound quality. I understand they aren't trying to be cash cows and want to give us new material but there isn't a lot of creativity flowing around the little projects they do. CC would have been better put up for download. I find I can only listen to about 3 songs off of Meteora without feeling like I could do better (seriously). Nine Inch Nails does the simple, repeated melody better and with more emotion, and does better remixes. And that's just Trent by himself. LP should take notes.

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

Nas and kayne are mainstream and both have deep lyrics

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

coheed and cambria: i simply cannot stand their music. the voice is just....i cant take it. i heard one song from them and i knew that was enough.

good charlotte: they seem to me as a bunch of "wanna be's" i think they try to hard with the look of the band. and dont put enough into the music. they need to focus on the music not how tall their spikes are.

mainstream rap: i just cant stand it. its all just a beat and a voice. and the lyrics are horible. yes some ppl say metal has too much swearing. but metal doesnt talk about sex, drugs, cars, and alcohol every ten seconds. rappers also mention ANYTHING in their lyrics to get recognition [ie. certain brandnames, products]

Will

There are exceptions and I'll admit that, yes, Nas and Kanye have amazing lyrics. :)

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

There are exceptions and I'll admit that, yes, Nas and Kanye have amazing lyrics. :) [/b][/quote]
    But I see your point , nelly enz

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Good Charlotte: I could handle the first S/T CD they released, but after that really, they started going with the MTV crowd right in the pinnacle of hell for them

Evanescence: Like GC, I could stand them at first (although Bring Me to Life was over-played to death) but then Amy Lee had to basically steal the guitarist from Cold (IMO, by the way) and kill one of my favorite bands...besides, Amy Lee is the poster child for Hot Topic loving neo-goths out there

Staind: I used to love this band, but right now they're in the dislike column. Dysfunction ruled all types of ass, and Break the Cycle was one of those rare times where a band sells out basically, yet makes one of the best CD's around. Then Aaron Lewis had a child, and basically started thinking about happier times which caused 14SOG to suck. I mean, I give my praise for him for doing that, but wasn't he the guy who completely was pissed off on "Dysfunction"? I just hope their new album can be alot better

Emo music: Ok, I can tolerate some bands, but bands like Hawthorne Heights and probably half the bands on Victory Records take the thing too far (sorry Will :lol:). Ok, I understand that your girlfriend now hates your guts, but why dress like Dr. Death and proclaim your misery to the world? If that ever happened to me, I would pop in a fucking Slayer CD and just break stuff!

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

How can you not like the artist on Victory Records?
    ---------------------------

Good Charlote: It's more along the lines of there lyrics and gutiar work. There new album isn't that much of a ear rape trip but there old stuff is just horrible.

Simple Plan: Like Coheed & Cambria except a lot less complex. Thier lyrics are to simple and Pierre's vocals are just to high picthed for me.

Korn: It's thier new stuff I hate. Take A Look In The Mirror dosn't sound anything remotly close to Life Is Peachy or there self-titled debut. But anything before that rocked. I really hope they do better with thier new album.

Mainstream Rap: I don't care about how many cars you own or how many hoes you had to bitch slap while shooting someone who shot your friend who was arrested by the Police. I really like Kanye West though.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

I didn't say that...I said half the bands on Victory we're emo...they're a few on Victory that I like...like Bury Your Dead and Atreyu

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I see. My bad. But technically if you think about it the only band thats emo on the victory roster is Taking Back Sunday.

bongmaster

bongmaster Active Member

All Pop-Punk bands (and most "punk" bands)- Me, being a guitar player, love to hear bands who has a guitarist who knows exactly what he is doing. When all that a band plays is power chords, I really see no talent in that.

Emo- I hate whiney lyrics, plain and simple. Plus, their music is very similar to pop-punk.

Rap and Hip-Hop in general- Really, I hate it when bands and "artists" take the easy route and use a curse word every other word. I know there are a few who don't do that, but I also don't see any musical value in urban music. I am a music buff, and I have seen no musical elements in the "beats" used. No musical scales, and usually no knowledge of what music consists of. People may ask why I like Linkin Park, well, they rarely curse in a song, and if you have read an interview with maybe Brad or Mike, they both know a lot of what music theory is.

I have to also admit I do not like Linkin Parks most recent stuff. Both Hybrid Theory EP and Hybrid Theory were really good, and the first amazing, but Meteora and the rest is severely lagging.

This is only my oppinion, and I hope no one really is offended by what I said.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I don't really hate any bands/artists per say, but there's a few "fads", if you will, that I do hate that relates to music and certain artists. So I'll do that.

The word 'emo' being a genre:
    Seriously, what the fuck? How can any genre not be emo(tional)? Maybe some bands take it way too far, or maybe I'm missing something, but if you put your heart & soul into the music, I don't see how it couldn't be emotional. I just don't even consider bands like Taking Back Sunday emo. All bands have emotional sides to them, no matter the band. Fuck, even Gorgoroth does.

The hate for Ashlee Simpson:
    Yes, I like Ashlee. She lip-synched. Oh my! Let's lynch the fucker! You know, not everyone is blessed with mighty vocal cords like Howard Jones, or can just sing naturally like her sister, Jessica Simpson. I figure as long as she actually believes in her music, what's the big deal. Plenty of other artists do it too. I don't give a fuck if there are reasons behind him doing it, Eminem "rap-synchs". Let's lynch him too, eh?

Oh, wait, that brings up some artists I do hate. Haha.

Murder, Inc./The Inc:
    Ja Rule is such a whiney little fucker, I swear to god. He starts beef with 50 Cent for some odd reason. Whether or not you hate 50 isn't important, but you have to admit he probably did live the 'gangsta' lifestyle before he hit it big. Ja Rule most likely grew up in the suburbs of Greenwhich, CT. Ashanti is the only artist on "The Inc" that I can stomach. And I think it's hilarious that the President or CEO or whatever of "The Inc", Irv Gotti was arrested for laundering drug money. What a douche.

Benzino
    He's like, 50 years old, and he can't rap for shit. Not to mention his latest video has him murdering Eminem's friends, then, of course, rising to Heaven! Ugh.

Will

Except for the fact that Terry left Cold willingly and on good terms with the band (after everything was sorted out) and she makes all her own clothes. She never buys her own clothes. Except for her panties. And she writes on those and throws them at fans. :lol:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Good Charlotte
    Basically what everyone else has said. Whiny lyrics, whiny singing, crappy instrumentation. I hate gimmicks, as well. Grow the fuck up.

Maroon 5
    The most overplayed band on Earth. The vocals are absolutely horrendous and there is no decent instrumentation. These guys belong on an elevator music soundtrack, not on the radio. Terrible lyrics.

My Chemical Romance
    I seriously don't see why everyone likes these guys so much. Bad lyrics, bad instrumentation. Listening to them makes me want to commit murder, on whoever signed them.

Hillary Duff/Lindsey Lohan/Paris Hilton
    Hillary: Stick to being a typecast teenage girl actress.
    Lindsey: You're hot and you've got an amazing rack, but don't sing. Actually, don't speak.
    Paris: No...just no. Actreses should not sing.

Nickelback
    All of your songs sound the same and none of your damn cds worked in my cd players (thanks for that, actually. Now I don't have to feel bad that I bought the album). Incredibly overplayed (in Canada) as well.