The Anti-Bible

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Jul 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

LMAO

Blaze

Blaze Ambient

the carbon dating system has been known to be inacurate many times, like once i'm pretty sure i heard about a live slug that had been dead for 5 minutes was carbon dated at 300 years old or somthing like that. :mellow:

and then again i could be compleatley wrong about that :mellow:

Eilonwy

Eilonwy Well-Known Member

That was very interesting. I agree with a lot of what he said, even though I'm a Christian. I wish I could show this to my mom's pastor and see what he'd say. He'd probably have a heart attack trying to prove everything wrong. He's one of those Christians the guy described as having weak faith, I'm sure.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

The bible contradicts itself. In one park it says one thing and in another it tells you the complete opposite. Now I haven't read the bible so I could be wrong on this, but aren't I correct in saying that the bible has told some Christians to kill any non-Christians, remember the Crusades back in the mideval times? And supposidley, the bible has also told others to kill someone because they were gay. But, you'll also find in the 10 commandments that it's a sin to kill. The bible is full of double-standards. If someone was to read through the bible and do everything it told them to and follow all of the bible's laws, they would go insane because in one part, the bible will tell them to do something and a few pages later, you're going to burn in hell for doing it.

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

Good points. The bible still seems like a story that J.K. Rowling's oldest ancestors made up.

And that napkin looked like an underwear to me before it finished loading. :lol:

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

THANK YOU! (w00t)

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I go to a Catholic school, so for two hours every week I have to listen to all this preachy shite about how "Jesus loves us all" (But he and his daddy are homophobes!) and "He'll always be there for us, even if we turn our backs on him".
    I really hate it how the really devout christians can't back their beliefs up when confronted and instead they hand you leaflets about how Jesus loves us and such (Yes, I know I've already complained about that). LIKE THAT'S MEANT TO CONVERT ME!!!
    Do they have anything better to do with their lives?

And thanks to Casey and ex for the link. You really made my day.

TheVoodoo

TheVoodoo Well-Known Member

This guy obviously has studied religion by some of his statements about the bible and its so called hippocracies(however you spell it) have no truth to them. Now I would love to give you all examples in scripture and argue my point but I have to go to work. If anyone has any comments to make to me they can pm me and I'll reply.

QUOTE (Todd @ Jul 13 2004, 09:07 PM)
    The bible contradicts itself. In one park it says one thing and in another it tells you the complete opposite. Now I haven't read the bible so I could be wrong on this, but aren't I correct in saying that the bible has told some Christians to kill any non-Christians, remember the Crusades back in the mideval times? And supposidley, the bible has also told others to kill someone because they were gay. But, you'll also find in the 10 commandments that it's a sin to kill. The bible is full of double-standards. If someone was to read through the bible and do everything it told them to and follow all of the bible's laws, they would go insane because in one part, the bible will tell them to do something and a few pages later, you're going to burn in hell for doing it.

The Bible does not tell christians to kill other people and the crusdaes happened hundreds of years after the Bible was completed. Before you go saying the Bible is full of double standards at least state one double standard that is actually in the Bible.

Dr. Satan

Dr. Satan Banned

It just amazes me how Satanic people beleive that god does not exist :lol: . How cam Satan exist and God not? Everyone knows that Satan is a fallen angel...without God...there are no angels....

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

That guy isn't satanic, he's an atheist. There's a big difference.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

are you a Satanist?

EDIT: Not the Self-God one, the one where you worship Satan.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Satanists believe that you're your own god or something like that, right?

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

are you a Satanist? [/b][/quote]
    If he isn't, I'll handle out "irony paddles" and we'll beat some sense into him.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Yeah.

I don't know what to call the 'Devil Worshipers'. That word sounds so immature.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

They do believe in self-indulgence and "worshipping yourself" so in a sense, yes. That's what most of Anton Lavey's work is about as far as I know.

BroknSolace

BroknSolace Well-Known Member

Satanists do believe in working only for themselves, and stepping over anyone to get what they want. however, i have had some satanist friends, and im sure that they believe in God, because they believed in satan. im not sure, maybe not all satanists believe in god, but my friends did.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Satanist are their own god. That would mean, you know, they don't believe in God or Satan. :wth:

BroknSolace

my brother was a satanist, he didnt believe he was his own god..i wasnt saying every satanist believed in god, only that a few i knew did, and i wasnt sure if it was actually part of the traditional satanist religion

Will

Will bread crumbs & white stones LPA Addicted VIP

Your brother obviously wasn't a Satanist, then.

BroknSolace

hahah..you can take that up with him ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.