Terminator Salavation Trailer

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by grego, Mar 4, 2009.

grego

grego Well-Known Member

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

The third isn't bad. It's worth it just for the ending, which is amazing.

I'm still not totally convinced that this one will deliver much as a character-driven war film but it should still be worth watching.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
    Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

The ending PISSED me off, and then I hated the third one.

[Spoiler/Rant] All the talk about stopping the future from happening in the first, second and third then Bam, doesn't happen in the third? I was like...lame!!

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

I don't think it will, but in terms of action and Christian Bale possibly yelling at people, it should be fun as hell.

And I liked the third one. Popcorn fun.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Judgement Day had to happen at some point. It was probably either that or

a) No more Terminator films (which would probably be unlikely)
    b) Continue using plots where a Terminator is sent back in time to kill John or someone connected to him, with another sent back to stop them.

For the film as a whole, what Friskey said.

Also, even though I'm not really a fan of his it's started to get somewhat annoying for me to see people talking down on McG because of the name he uses, haha.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

Well I know the Time Travel was getting old, but I would have liked to see the primary goal of the movies (Stopping Judgement Day with machines pwning the planet) get fulfilled in the third one.
    Because now Terminator can continue to make stories in the future and then we don't know if it will end with this movie or not, and my guess is that it won't.

If it does though I will be super happy. I love the movies but ever since I was a kid I wanted to see Skynet get shutdown for good haha.

grego

grego Well-Known Member

It's not bad, but if you follow the consistency of the first two, it's a big let down. If it didn't build up the momentum it did in the first two, it might have worked better.

Cast of course could have improved it slightly, but I do think there was a lot of room for improvement. It looks Salvation will deliver at the same quality the first two did.

T3 will never make the top 10 worst sequels, but it definitely had a whole lot that could have improved it. To me, it seemed more like an attempt to cash in more so than bring in a good story for continuation.