Teenage Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Almighty_Froggy, Mar 21, 2006.

Almighty_Froggy

Almighty_Froggy Banned

My friend had a baby last year with her boyfriend on 2 years, but she was only 17. And Now theres a possibility I may be pregnate with my new boyfriend. I know that no matter what happens he will look after me but Im VERY scared!! Can neone give me some idea on what I should do??

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Here in the UK we have the highest Teenage Pregnancy ratio in the entire EU. Me and my ex girlfriend were dumb enough to contribute to that over a year ago (I was only 14 and she was 15). The best thing to do is not to do what we did and go completly psycho and start freaking out about it. Just approach it calmly and whatver decision you both make I'm sure it will work out fine. :)

mathew51b

mathew51b Well-Known Member

yeh i agree, you just gotta take it at is comes, make the decisions you both wanna make, not just what you think is best for one of you or anything.

Almighty_Froggy

Almighty_Froggy Banned

What did you end up doing?

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

First off, approach it calmly as someone had just stated here, and then you must obtain a pregnancy test, buy more than one! Next, take the test right away if you have to, and take it the week after again. I am not sure if where you live allows you to be able to go to a clinic where people will help you check if you are pregnant while keeping it confidential, but if so you should ask an adult about if there are any clinics like that available in your location. If you are too embarrassed or shy about it ask your boyfriend, it is his responsibility to do anything he can to assure for your needs. Goodluck, and I hope everything goes the way you want it to. I've been through this, and the most importnant thing is to not freak out. Goodluck!

Mk_Spike

Mk_Spike Well-Known Member

I believe whatever decision u make it will be fine, but if you think it would be very hard and you wont be able to give the child a life it deseves i dont know how bad this sounds but would it be best to terminate the pregnancy?

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

sry...but I have to agree...what if you want the child but would have to raise it poorly because you're not prepared enough...(I didn't put my point well...hope you still understand what I mean)

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i think that too - this is a touchy subject, however if your not ready its probably for the best. life shoudnt be messed around with, just do what you thin is right

Almighty_Froggy

Almighty_Froggy Banned

Yes. Ofcourse I understand your point. I know that if I am pregnate I would be able to give the baby what it needs. I know my boyfriend will help in all ways possible. One of the main things I dont know is how to do it exactally (if that makes ne sence?) And how would I go about telling my parents? I dont think I could do it without my mother. My father on the otherhand I couldnt care less about, I do fine with out him.. but what would I do w/o my mum????????
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH IM IN SUCH A MESS!!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2006
    rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

you need to find out if you are pregnant before you get anyone other than your boyfriend involved thinking that you are and all that stuff. if you think your mom will support you through the not-knowing stage, then talk to her, but if she's gonna flip out on you, it's not worth it until you know for sure. when i went through this, i couldn't talk to my mother, so i had a friend on my side.

and no matter what you decide to do, you will always have people to support you. this is a hard thing. just relax and don't worry about it until you are positive one way or the other.

Luke

We both agreed that it was waaaaay too early to have a kid so she aborted it. There was virtually no other solution though, there was just no way we could be parents at 14 and 15.

But don't take this as influence on what you should do, it's yours and your boyfriends decision at the end of the day.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Condoms are cheaper than raising a kid, adoption lawyers or an abortion. Why don't you guys try using those?

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Condoms also protect you from STDs, which she could have had (you never know). Personally I think condoms take away a little from the pleasure, but it's a small price to pay for protection from things like this and STDs.

I chalk up Hellflame and his ex not using a condom to just being horny and young. I might be wrong, but that's my guess.

mathew51b

i dont know if its necessarily being young as such, just more in the moment, you choose not to listen to your education sorta thing. hmm, but yeh, protection will turn out a lot cheaper, but if its happened its happened, and yeh,

Luke

:lol:

I find it histerical that everyone is still quick to jump to conclusions on what actualy happened...for atleast 2 months straight I was told shit like that how we ignored all the sex-ed stuff and how we were just two stupid kids who didn't know what we were doing.

Heres the facts:

-We thought it through for a long time before we did it
    -I did pay attention in sex-ed, I dunno if she did but I think she was intelligent enough to know how important that shit is
    -The condom split, we didn't realise until it ended
    -True, we probably were a couple of horney kids and probably still are however I don't like these assumptions that our hormones got the better of us etc. I dunno if it was ''love'' or whatever you wanna call it but it wasn't just a quick fuck for the hell of it
    -I don't regret a single second of it because It's not like we had any control over the damn thing splitting

Let this be a little pointer to the next person who wants to jump one motherfucker of a conclusion. I'm not pissed off or anything but please Casey, don't post something you obviously don't know much about ;)

mathew51b

sorry man, didnt mean it to sound like what it did,

Luke

No no no, my fellow Londoner, it wasn't you who I was adressing :lol:. I was adressing anyone who jumped to a conclusion over what happened e.g. Casey :lol:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I was just guessing on the matter. No need to get an attitude.

Luke

Look man I'm sorry if I came on with an attitude or something but it wasn't intended. However next time don't just take a shot in the dark about someone else's life.

Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

funny this subject was started.. we watched a video in school bout 2 days ago about teenage pregnancy... unfortunatly, our school is too late for it. we have about 9-11 girls pregnant in our school that are keeping it. alot have had abortions, ad its really kinda disturbing. not th abortions, just the amount of kids stupid not to use protection and make foolish desicions all for 3 minutes of pleasure...