Teacher forces bullies to wear label 'loser'

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by ChooseYourPoison, Mar 18, 2005.

ChooseYourPoison

ChooseYourPoison nymphetamine

full story

This is almost funny.

hYbr1d_tH30rY_723

hYbr1d_tH30rY_723 Well-Known Member

I dunno maybe having them clean the floors is a bit too far .... Dnt really mind them wearing helmets saying "Loser" :lol: ... what can I say ... they deserve what they're getting :p

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I support it, I think this is a great idea. These kids need to learn what it's like to be verbally abused and thought of as complete losers. Maybe then they'd see its not right to do the same to others.

Having had the piss beat out of me daily in public school, I almost wish my school had something like this.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Might be a good idea but I'm sure these kids wearing these helmets are probably getting mde fun of by other kids. Oh look at the situation now, the kids who were bullying are now being bullied. Does this seem right? I guess if you support the whole eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.

Ant

Ant Ambient

How is it "unethical"? I think it's perfectly ethical.

I think it just depends on how much they bully, though. Sure, that sounds stupid, but I didn't notice in the story if it said what they did... if they just called the kid "fat" or "gay" or something all kids joke around about (if they were just joking around), then I think maybe it was a little bit far. But, if they poked fun at this kid constantly, then it's easily a fair punishment.

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

That's one of the puishments in my Teen Issues class, only you wear a "Dunce" cap, not loser.

I say the bullies deserved it for picking on some innocent kid (Supposing he hadn't done anything to them...).

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Same here...I would def. support it!

Link04

Link04 Ambient

This is moronic, and contradicting to what they're trying to get rid of. The means are contradicting the ends. You can't eliminate bullying by condoning bullying. Even if it's a role reversal, and the "traditional bullies" are getting bullied, it doesn't matter. We still have victims and agressors. The same amount of bullying is going on either way. I think this is utterly idiotic, and they should find a productive way of eliminating bullying instead of a destructive way.

Ryan

Finally someone that agrees. I mean this is basically the same as killing someone who kills or raping someone that rapes, it just doesn't amke sense. Punish the little bastard for bullying and get it over with. But dont let the other kids bully him just casue he is a bully.

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

I'm from the peg, and I read an article about some kid's dad being unhappy that his 2 kids have to wear the helmets. Boo frickety hoo. Dont bully the other kids in the first place.

EDIT: I agree though.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I can see how this could stop bullying and whatnot, since it might convince them to stop doing it now that they know how it is, but there's always the chance (and this is most likely to occur) that they won't stop, and will still be aggressive in their bullying.

I'm on the fence on this one. I haven't had a run-in with "bullying" since I was in Middle School, so yeah. I'm not to concerned with it. I look out for myself.

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

Haha, never knew that...I'm from the Peg as well... I read the article, and I've gotta say that once again, Canada proves that it's wicked cool...it's such a good idea... More people need initiative like that...

ahamLP

ahamLP Well-Known Member

thats great an eye for an eye,some ppl need to be taught a lesson,those who think they are special and more importantly those who think others are idiots and losers,but I am sceptical wether that will stop others from bullying,but I think something should be made to stop ppl bullying others by some other way if possible though.

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

i gues im one of the lucky ones. i've never really been bullied. but im deffinetly NOT a bully to anyone else. but i think thats a great idea. having, them switch roles. the bully gets bullied.

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

Haha, never knew that...I'm from the Peg as well... I read the article, and I've gotta say that once again, Canada proves that it's wicked cool...it's such a good idea... More people need initiative like that... [/b][/quote]
    A lot of hypocrites like that here in Wolseley. They're tree huggers, yet the let their dog sh*t wherever the hell they want and not clean up after it.

Jerkasses.

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

Well, aren't some bullies already bullied at home....? I think its better to find out why these kids bully and then decide the punishment from there.... :unsure: .

NofxPants

NofxPants Does your house have stairs?

The bullies deserve it. If they are bullying then they should know what it's like to be bullied. Now that is the turning of tables. Bitch.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

I completely agree with you.

...Karma.

Ryan

I guarantee you that this method does nothing. It just basically shows how hypocritical teachers are. they try to stop bullying through the use of bullying, just doesn't makes sense to me. There are 100 better techniques that could be used.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Point taken, but showing these kids what it feels like to be bullied is teaching them that what they're doing is wrong. Once they have an appreciation for the fact that people don't like to be bullied, they will no longer bully others, by putting themselves in their would-be victims' shoes. Catching these kids at such a young age teaches them valuable lessons in how to treat others. By administering the "what goes around comes back around" treatment, they will hesitate before bullying again. I agree with it.

Beisdes, as for the teachers looking like hypocrites, I doubt the kids are clever enough to oust them for that. A run in with an authority figure (teacher), a life-lesson taught, and a new appreciation and outlook on what they've been doing is certainly a good idea, in my opinion.