songs that got cut

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by ROFLcopter, Oct 12, 2005.

ROFLcopter

ROFLcopter Well-Known Member

we know that some songs such as "step up" got cut off hybrid theory. are there nay songs that linkin park wrote that was cut off meteora??

The Outsider

The Outsider Billy Corgan = God

thats pretty c-r-a-p. why?

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I believe it was High Voltage (Reprise/Remix) that was cut. You can hear it fade into Cure For The Itch.

A.06 was made during the Meteora period, was put on an LP commercial, but was never put on the album. Too bad. It's the shit.

Other songs from other albums include:

Dedicated could have been put on Meteora or Hybrid Theory. My December is on the Japanese Hybrid Theory. Points of Authority (Crystal Method Remix) was cut from Reanimation as was Buy.Myself (Marilyn Manson Remix).

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

"Dedicated" was recorded for the Hybrid Theory EP and samples from it were used for the recording of "It's Goin' Down."

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Because a CD can only hold so many minutes of music.

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

Because a CD can only hold so many minutes of music. [/b][/quote]
    Well,live cd's (I'm talking about 17 song ones,not a crap LP live cd) can hold way more than Hybrid Theory or Meteora. Slipknots new album was an hour long, and homeburnable cd's can hold 90 minutes.

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

all LP's albums (aside reanimation, lit etc) are under 40 mins.. they couldve easily fit it there..

i know that they took High Voltage (Remix) out because it didnt fit the mood/ambience of the rest of the album.. dunno about the others... i think My December was only wrote for an acoustic cd or something and they decided to put it on one of their singles..

Justin V.

LP goes nowhere near the limit for a CD. Reanimation probably.

NIN's The Fragile (Left) is only 12 tracks, 55:12. LP's Hybrid Theory is 12 tracks, 38:08. Meteora is somewhere around 33 minutes (without pauses). Reanimation is TWENTY TRACKS and JUST tops The Fragile at 58:83

LP has NO reason to cut songs besides they just don't flow with the CD. At least give us 20 songs LP.

-x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

20? Thats a lot.

i'd like to see the next LP album with @ least 16 tracks and hopefully 45+minutes.

XVZ

XVZ Banned

I think these are song cuts from Meteora:

Meteora songs that didn't make the cut:
    A.06
    Rob's drum solo (has background music)
    we don't really know any more...

Songs LP did to fool around:
    Wizard Song (funny song by Rob/Chester)
    Just Drag It Out (chaz messing around)
    Nondisclosure Agreement (Chaz on guitar lmao)

Meteora Demos:
    Sick - Don't Stay
    Shifter - Somewhere I Belong
    Nocturnal - not sure what song it was O_O I think it was HTF or Numb.
    Figure.09 - kept same name and made album (thats why you dont hear the song title in the song, it was a demo to start with )
    Faint - same as Figure.09
    Breaking the Habit - 0:26 instrumental with vioilins, then 2:00 full instrumental, after that it was the LP demo called "Drawing" then the 3:16 street team demo, then album version

I've never heard of:
    try to take away my pride
    It was probably under the songs LP did to fool around

Then, all Meteora demos were kept hidden, mike and joe each have them on 1 CD and Joe has joked about his being buried in his back yard <3
    Well, almost all. There are instrumentals for SIB, LFY, HTF and Faint. Only 1 fan besides LP has these, but of course, they can't be given out. Also the BTH 0:26 violin, 2:00 instrumental and street team demo are available. I've got Wizard Song, Just Drag It Out (....Remember), and Nondisclosure Agreement.

I think that's it. Lemme know if I forgot something (I feel I missed a song lol).

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Wrong.

Just Drag It Out was an actual song. Not one where they are fooling around.

'Try to take away my pride' was a song that you heard Chester sing during the Meteora DVD, right when Don Gilmore speaks about Chester being able to sing two notes at once. He messes up during the take and goes 'Gah!'

There are also signs of early lyrics when you watch Chester take a part in that huge graffitti wall. He writes some early lyrics on there that look good.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Hybrid Theory:
    High Voltage (Remix)
    Part of Me
    Carousel

Part of Me and Carousel were both re-recorded as demos for Hybrid Theory after the EP, so they were considered for the album at some point. Dedicated might possibly have been a Hybrid Theory demo, as the sound quality suggests it was done after the EP. A common mistake is that people think My December was cut from Hybrid Theory, but it was actually recorded a couple months after the album came out in a completely different studio.

Reanimation:
    Pts.Of.Athrty (Crystal Method Remix)
    Buy Myself (Marilyn Manson Remix)
    My December (Team Sleep/DJ Shadow Remix)

The first 2, I think LP just preferred the versions that ended up on the album better than Manson and Crystal Method's remixes. The 3rd one was cut because it was "too dark" sounding, and it probably wasn't very good either, since it has never been released anywhere.

Meteora:
    There aren't actually any confirmed songs that were cut from this. We know that LP wrote over 40 songs and recorded about 17 in the final process. A.06 probably wasn't one of them though because it came out on LPU 2.0, which was released in November 2002, meaning it had to be recorded a while before then...I think it was just a demo, maybe done during the Reanimation recording, and they used it to promote Meteora later on. Shifter and Nocturnal are 2 common titles, however we don't know if they were different songs or working titles for songs that made the album. Basically, there were around 4 final recorded songs that got cut, but we don't know for sure what they were called.

Will

Are you sure about that? I thought that, maybe, the demo versions of "Part of Me" and "Carousel" were simply demo recordings for the EP.

Justin V.

That could be true. Either way I love the demos of Part of Me and Carousel even more than the originals. When Chester screams "Cut myself free" in Part of Me? Freaking awesome. What's up with this seemingly 12 song limit in rock music?

XVZ

XVZ Banned

hmm i got a sample of Drag It Out with the beat of Robs Drumsolo

Astat

Are you sure about that? I thought that, maybe, the demo versions of "Part of Me" and "Carousel" were simply demo recordings for the EP. [/b][/quote]
    I used to think so too, but that WB promo from early 2000 with all the Hybrid Theory demos on it included those 2 tracks, and judging from the sound, they seem to have been recorded in the same batch as Untitled, Esaul, etc., so I think they might actually be re-worked versions of the EP songs. Can't be sure though, because the band themselves have never given us much information about older tracks like these.

Minus

I used to think so too, but that WB promo from early 2000 with all the Hybrid Theory demos on it included those 2 tracks, and judging from the sound, they seem to have been recorded in the same batch as Untitled, Esaul, etc., so I think they might actually be re-worked versions of the EP songs. Can't be sure though, because the band themselves have never given us much information about older tracks like these. [/b][/quote]
    That's right. What we believe to be the 'demo'v ersions of Part of Me and Carousel are actually 'newer' versions. The quality is wierd though.

Will

That's right. What we believe to be the 'demo'v ersions of Part of Me and Carousel are actually 'newer' versions. The quality is wierd though. [/b][/quote]
    I've never actually considered that. Say, tasta, what's the track listing of that demo CD?

Minus

I've never actually considered that. Say, tasta, what's the track listing of that demo CD? [/b][/quote]
    I can't say the exact tracklisting, as for the life of me I can't remember.

But I DO know it contains The Untitled, And One, Part of Me, Superxero, and Rhinestone.

It was a six track sampler. I don't remember the last song.

Astat

I've never actually considered that. Say, tasta, what's the track listing of that demo CD? [/b][/quote]
    1. The Untitled
    2. Points & Authority
    3. Super Zero
    4. Crawling
    5. Carousel
    6. Part of Me
    7. And One
    8. Rhinestone
    9. Esaul

It's one of those generic looking white promos that WB sends out, and it just said Hybrid Theory at the top. The date on it is January 7, 2000 (or February 11, 2000, it seems that they pressed it in 2 different batches) so it's obviously post-EP stuff. It's just the same demos that you find on most fansites, with the exception of And One, which is identical to the EP one. It makes sense to me that the Part of Me/Carousel demos were recorded after the EP just because the sound quality is similar to the demos for In the End, Crawling, etc. and sound like they were recorded at the same place.

And yeah, Points of Authority and Super Xero are spelled that way on the cover, whether those are misprints or the titles of the songs at that point, I'm not sure.

Picture of the front